|“||A cool robot who's really good with a yo-yo. He can unleash some sweet breakdancing moves to befuddle foes. When he teams up with friends who have elemental powers, they can charge up the Yo-Yo to make it even more powerful.||„|
|~ Choose your buddy • Play Nintendo|
Gim is a character in the Kirby series that gives Kirby the Yo-Yo ability when swallowed.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 5-A, 4-A via summons
Origin: Kirby Super Star
Classification: Robot, minor enemy, one of Kirby's Helpers/Friends, Star Ally
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Non-Physical Interaction (Can affect Void Soul), Inorganic Physiology (Type 2), Self-Sustenance (Types 1, 2 & 3), Toon Force, Regeneration (Mid. Like all Star Allies, he can quickly recover from being crushed flat, as well as having no notable damage after fighting Flamberge, who can impale and trap many foes at once like a shish-kebab using a sword covered in fire, before tossing them as projectiles surrounded by fire), Immortality (Type 3), Weapon Mastery, Fighting skills, Energy Projection (Able to shoot raw energy), Pseudo-Flight, Can turn into a small ball of intangible energy, Magic, Resurrection (Able to revive others via Revival Spell), Empathic Manipulation & Morality Manipulation via Friend Hearts (Can turn enemies into allies. Able to overwrite Void Termina's effects on allies; Scales to his multi-galactic potency), Healing & Purification (Friend Hearts can be used to heal and purify others. Can "Revive" defeated allies, who are merely unconscious), Cloth Manipulation, Power Bestowal (Turning enemies into allies gives them that exact same power. Can bestow individual elemental powers when using them himself), Combining powers with allies he can gain access to Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Water Manipulation and Air Manipulation, Creation (Able to help other Star Allies create Friend Stars, they are also able to create the Star Allies Sparkler by turning their desire to save everyone into it), Resistance to conventional Mind & Soul Manipulation (Due to being a robot), Morality Manipulation & Empathic Manipulation (Unaffected by the presence of the individual Dark Hearts), Transmutation (Like all Star Allies, they aren't transmuted after being cooked inside Chef Kawasaki and Cook Kirby's pot, process that regularly turns foes and items into food), heat and cold (Unaffected by the temperatures of Blizzno Moon and Star Lavadom), Black Holes (Able to outrun and withstand black holes from Marx, although doing so is an outlier in terms of durability)
As before, Statistics Amplification (With Power-Up Hearts, which increase strength, health or speed of all allies at once), Healing (With various food items and health Power-Up Hearts, which heals all vitality), Invulnerability (With Invincibility Candy), Summoning (Can summon Helpers by directly throwing Friend Hearts to Copy Essences. Can summon a Dream Friend using the Dream Rod), Homing Attack (With Star Allies Sparkler)
Attack Potency: Large Planet level (Comparable to Knuckle Joe; As Helpers, Gims can beat many of them as well as stronger enemies. Should be stronger than Schwarzs, a minor enemy that can create black holes), able to negate durability with Friend Hearts, Multi-Solar System level via summons
Speed: FTL (Comparable to Knuckle Joe)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Large Planet Class
Durability: Large Planet level
Stamina: Above average to high
Range: Standard melee range
Standard Equipment: A Yo-Yo. Can optionally use or has momentarily used the following things: Power-Up Hearts, various food items, Invincibility Candy, Maxim Tomato, Dream Rod, Friend Star and Star Allies Sparkler
Weaknesses: Has not displayed any feat to consider its stamina higher than that of other Helpers.
- Space Jump: A technique most Kirby characters have, Gim transforms into a small ball of energy which turns out to be intangible, he uses this power to mobilize himself or regroup with mates faster.
- Friend Heart: Obtained in Kirby Star Allies, Gim generates a Friend Heart which is then quickly thrown to his objective(s). This can be done an unlimited amount of times as well as repeatedly. Upon contact (or near it), the Friend Heart will generate a major change in the empathy of the being(s) affected to the point of making them change their morality towards being an ally to Gim. The Friend Hearts have also show to make feel objectives extremely happy, make them have a deep appreciation for the one who used a Friend Heart on them, generate clothes in others, work on robots (such as other Gims), heal & purify others, operate without making direct contact to others' bodies as well as affect more than one being at a time, and, by the end of the main story in Star Allies, overwrite the multi-galactic morality changing effects Void Termina forces on allies, thus having the potency of its own morality & empathic manipulation scaling from Void Termina, who gets physically harmed by the Friend Hearts. (It should be noticed that Void Termina getting harmed by the Friend Hearts could be an specific weakness of his, a characteristic of the Friend Hearts, or both, this is left unclear.) The last function the Friend Hearts have is that their targets will immediately be bestowed with the ability the generate and use Friend Hearts with all previously mentioned characteristics.
- Revival Spell: Initially, in the Team Kirby Clash mini-game, the Kirbys there could approach others Kirbys and heal them when being defeated, which meant falling into the floor with their souls leaving their bodies. This continued on the Team Kirby Clash Deluxe game with the Kirbys there even obtaining items to improve their ability to resurrect others. After that game, many characters became able to "Revive" defeated allies by doing the same process Kirby showed before, but this defeated allies don't lose their souls when falling and are instead just unconscious. Nonetheless, this technique is likely to hold the same properties previously shown.
Heals all of his health when eaten.
Heal varying amounts of his health.
When collected, Gim becomes invincible for a short time, and almost any enemy he touches will be instantly defeated, or at least damaged.
When picked up and used Gim summons one of the following Dream Friends to assist him
The Final Weapon in Star Allies, used to take out Void Termina. The Star Allies Sparkler fires projectiles from the tip, fly around quickly and efficiently, and spin counterclockwise to avoid all damage on a relative scale (Sparkler Turn). Kirby canonically took the lead in the center of the Sparkler while his friends rode in the tail, but the leader can be rotated to imbue the shots with a different element depending on the leader (the technique is called Rider Switch). The Sparkler can fire different homing projectiles with varying power depending on charge time. An uncharged shot is called the Sparkler Comet, and it fires a star shaped projectile. A charged shot is called the Sparkler Starshot, and it fires a projectile shaped like two intertwining stars. The strongest attack is called Team Star Allies!, which, if everyone who's riding charges together and releases at the same time, fires a giant laser at the opponent. Gim uses this item on his own when used in The Ultimate Choice of Star Allies.
Used to increase his statistics. The effects are shared with allies.
- Speed Power-Up Hearts: Increases speed.
- Health Power-Up Hearts: Increases & heals all health.
- Attack Power-Up Hearts: Increases attack potency.
- All Power-Up Hearts: Gives all previous effects at once.