|“||Over 300 million years ago, it was feared as the strongest of hunters. It has been modified by Team Plasma||„|
|~ Pokédex Entry|
|“||This ancient bug Pokémon was altered by Team Plasma. They upgraded the cannon on its back.||„|
|~ Pokédex Entry|
Genesect is a bipedal, insectoid Pokémon with a metal body and a saucer-shaped head. It is primarily purple with several gray markings. It has two large red eyes and a small white part that could be either its mouth or a vent. It has thin arms with overlapping segments. Each arm ends with a single, pointed claw. There is a gray circle on each shoulder, and a gray band around its abdomen. Its segmented legs each end with a large, upward curving claw.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 5-B | At least 5-B, likely 4-B
Age: 300 million years old
Classification: Mythical Pokémon, Paleozoic Pokémon
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses,Flight, Cyborgization, Transformation, Immortality (Type 1), Telepathy, Elemental Manipulation (Fire,Water, Ice and Lightning), Energy Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, Magnetism Manipulation, Metal Manipulation, Thread Manipulation and Adhesive Manipulation (The thread produced from its cannon can be adhesive), Passive Statistics Amplification (Download amplifies the special attack stat or attack stat by +1), Absorption (Giga Drain lets the user absorb 50% of the damage done),Power Nullification (Prevents moves like Fly and Bounce and the Ability Levitate), Non-Physical Interaction, Mind Manipulation (Is able to use psychic moves such as Zen Headbutt), Poison Manipulation and Status Effect Inducement (Is able to use moves like toxic and other moves that cause status effects), Regeneration (At least Low-Mid, comparable to Mewtwo), Self-Sustenance (Type I, II, and III, Is able to survive in space. Genesect is a cybernetic insect which doesn't seem to need natural needs such as eating or sleeping), Darkness Manipulation (Genesect has access to the dark-type move dark pulse), Attack Reflection (Magic Coat reflects any move causing status conditions back to the attacker), Minor Sealing (Infestation inflicts damage on the first turn then traps the opponent)
Immunity to Poison and Acid (Immune to poison type moves of which some are acid based), Resistance to Steel, Psychic, Ice, Dragon, and Fairy and Resistance to Grass (Genesect's typing grants this), Immunity to Soul Manipulation and Mind Manipulation, Resistance to Hacking, Absorption (Is resistant to moves like Giga Drain), Energy Manipulation (Resistant to moves like Energy Ball) and Immune to Disease Manipulation
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Kept up with Mewtwo) | Massively FTL+ (Faster than its companions and kept up with Mega Mewtwo Y.), higher in ExtremeSpeed Mode (Easily blitzed Mega Mewtwo Y on several occasions)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Planet Class (Made Mewtwo feel pain with some tackles) | At least Planet Class , likely Solar System Class (Injured Mega Mewtwo X in ExtremeSpeed Mode)
Durability: Planet level (Tanked a Psystrike from Mewtwo no notable injuries) | At least Planet level, likely Solar System level (Took hits from Mega Mewtwo Y)
Stamina: Limitless due to being a Cyborg
Range: Standard melee range. Planetary with ranged attacks.
A Drive is a held item corresponding with Genesect. It changes the type of the holder's Techno Blast, Genesect's signature move, to the corresponding type of Drive. It also changes Genesect's form, such that the Drive visible on its body reflects its held Drive.
The Shock Drive is a type of held item introduced in Generation V. It corresponds to the Electric type. The Shock Drive, along with the other Drives, appeared in Genesect and the Legend Awakened, attached to a member of the Genesect Army. While it was used with the same purpose of changing the type of Techno Blast in the movie, it was also the key item to tell its owner apart from the other Genesect.
The Burn Drive is a type of held item introduced in Generation V.It corresponds to the Fire type. Blake used the Burn Drive to battle Team Plasma on the Plasma Frigate, though, due to it being incomplete at the time, Genesect was injured by its own attack and left exhausted after using Techno Blast on some Team Plasma Grunts. After Blake had later used the Fire-type Techno Blast to save the Swords of Justice from being frozen in ice, Cobalion knocked the damaged Burn Drive off of Genesect's body, after which it exploded.
The Douse Drive is a type of held item introduced in Generation V.It corresponds to the Water type. The Genesect with the Douse Drive had a different personality from the others, and was typically timid and kind unless forced to act by its leader.
The Chill Drive is a type of held item introduced in Generation V. It corresponds to the Ice type. The Chill Drive, along with the other Drives, appeared in Genesect and the Legend Awakened, attached to a member of the Genesect Army. While it was used with the same purpose of changing the type of Techno Blast in the movie, it was also the key item to tell its owner apart from the other Genesect.
Weaknesses: Massive weakness to Fire Type moves.
- Techno Blast: Genesect's signature move. Genesect fires a beam from the cannon on its back. Changes Type depending on the Drive.
- Hyper Beam: A large, powerful energy attack which Genesect fires from the cannon. It may have to recharge for later uses afterwards.
- Signal Beam: Genesect fires a beam of light that may confuse the target.
- Self-Destruct: Genesect explodes and knocks itself out.
- X-Scissor: Genesect slashes the enemy in the shape of an X.
- Tri Attack: Genesect fires three beams simultaneously, which may either burn, freeze or paralyze the target.
- Metal Claw: Genesect coats its claws in a metal and the slashes at the opponent possibly boosting its attack.
- Fell Stinger: Genesect stings the opponent. If they are knocked out Genesect's attack is increased.
- Quick Attack: Genesect attempts to blitz the opponent with a quick burst of speed.
- Magnet Rise: Using electromagnetism, Genesect levitates into the air.
- Screech: Genesect releases an ear splitting screech that lowers the opponent's defense.
- Fury Cutter: Genesect furiously slashes at the opponent. Its power rises if Genesect repeatedly uses it.
- Lock-On: Genesect locks on to the opponent causing its next move to home in on them.
- Flame Charge: Genesect charges the opponent while covered in flames boosting its speed in the process.
- Magnet Bomb: Genesect fires magnetic explosives that stick to the opponent and detonate. This attack hardly ever misses.
- Bug Buzz: Genesect releases a buzzing sound that bypasses moves like Substitute. It may also lower the opponent's special defense.
- Simple Beam: Genesect fires a mysterious beam that turns the opponent's Ability into Simple.
- Zap Cannon: Genesect fires off a powearful ball of electricity that also causes paralysis.
- Slash: Genesect slashes at the opponent. It has a high chance of dealing critical damage.
- Metal Sound: Genesect releases a metallic screeching sound that lowers the opponent's special defense.
- Blaze Kick: Shiny Genesect only. Genesect ignites one of its legs and kicks the opponent. It may cause a burn and has an increased chance of dealing critical damage.
- Extreme Speed: Shiny Genesect only. Genesect turns into its High-Speed Flight Form and flies at the opponent with speed that is normally almost impossible to properly react to.
- Download: Genesect's attack or special attack increases according to which one would prove to be more effective. If the enemy’s defense and special defense are equal then special attack will be increased. In the case of there being multiple opponents their defense and special defense is added up and the proper stat is boosted according to the lower one between both.
- Silk: Genesect can spin a sticky silvery silk from the tips of its claws. This silk is mostly used to create structures, namely its nest, and once dried is flammable. Nevertheless Genesect can still use it to ensnare opponents.
Key: Genesect | Shiny Genesect