|“||The popular will win, the hated will lose; it's such a tragedy. Then I won't lose to anyone. I will become the strongest monster ever and change this scenario.||„|
|“||Justice, and evil are decided by others. That's how the world is. To oppose the unfair power known as justice, I have to obtain the unfair power known as evil.||„|
|“||Thank you...At long last...I've finally grown into the being I've never stopped yearning for. You should be grateful too.||„|
|~ Garou to Saitama|
Note: This profile contains spoilers for the One Punch Man Webcomic. Please do not continue if you aren't up to date with the chapters, and/or don't wish to be spoiled.
Garou (ガロウ, Garō) is a former disciple of Bang and was considered a prodigy. But one day, he was kicked out from his dojo for going on a rampage once he got bored with everyone. He's one of the strongest characters in the series and plays a major role as the main villain in the Hero Hunt arc. His dream is to be the strongest monster ever and become the world's first God-Level Threat. Or so he says.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 7-C | At least Low 7-B, up to Low 6-B via Reactive Evolution | High 6-A
Name: Garou, Human Monster, Hero Hunter
Origin: One Punch Man
Classification: Mutated Human, "Monster"
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Statistics Amplification and Body Control via Abandonment, Master Martial Artist, Acrobatics, Enhanced Senses, Exceptional Memory, Instinctive Reaction (Avoided Chain'n'toad's technique that attacks from the blind spot with instincts), Analytical Prediction, Information Analysis, Technique Mimicry (Can mimic moves he's seen only once), Accelerated Development (Battle; Physical Stats, Abilities), Reactive Evolution, Adaptation, Transformation, Attack Reflection and Non-Physical Interaction via Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist (This technique allows users to deflect even electricity), Pressure Points (Tanktop Master retold his experience with Garou, stating Garou focused on his vitals and joints), Rage Power, Fear Aura, Regeneration (Low-Mid), Immense Pain Tolerance, Resistance to Poison (He was able to continue fighting for extended periods despite being impaled with multiple poisonous arrows)
All previous abilities, Air Manipulation via Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist, Immortality (Type 2. Survived being slashed to death by Royal Ripper), Afterimage Creation, Resistance to Psychic via Willpower (Resisted Psykos's psychic binding. Tatsumaki was unable to fully affect him with her powers), Heat (Withstood Orochi's fire which could melt the walls of the Monster association)
Attack Potency: At least Large Town level (Easily defeated Tanktop Master after getting serious. Made Metal Bat bleed. Fought on par with Genos while still severely weakened) | At least Small City level+, up to Small Country level+ via Reactive Evolution (Grew more and more powerful during his fight against Superalloy Darkshine, and eventually overpowered him. After recovering from his battle against Darkshine, grew powerful enough to cave an off-guarded Golden Sperm's face in, and briefly traded blows against him before fully awakening) | Multi-Continent level (ONE stated that Garou and Boros would be pretty evenly matched, with Garou even having an advantage in close combat)
Speed: At least Massively Hypersonic (Can keep up with Genos, even when weakened. Outmaneuvered Metal Bat) | At least Massively Hypersonic (Overwhelmed Darkshine with his speed and power), up to Sub-Relativistic, likely Sub-Relativistic+ via Reactive Evolution (Attacked Golden Sperm before he could react) | Relativistic+ (Stated by ONE to have the advantage over Boros in close combat. Far faster than Flashy Flash), possibly higher (Temporarilyoutran Saitama's sight)
Striking Strength: At least Large Town Class | At least Small City Class+, up to Small Country Class+ via Reactive Evolution | Multi-Continent Class
Durability: At least Large Town level | At least Small City level+ (Survived several attacks from Overgrown Rover), up to Small Country level+ via Reactive Evolution. Type 2 immortality makes him challenging to kill | Multi-Continent level, regeneration and reactive evolution makes him difficult to kill
Stamina: Very high. After being worn down from fighting multiple Heroes, curb-stomped by Watchdogman and knocked unconscious by Saitama, he was forced, without sufficient rest, into a battle against numerous A-Class heroes, where he suffered a gunshot wound to his leg and was hit with poisonous arrows to drain his stamina but still managed to defeat all of his opponents. Immediately afterward, he found himself up against Genos and then both Bang and Bomb, who subjected him to continued pummeling to the point that he was on the verge of death. Even after all the punishment mentioned above, he still willed himself to resume fighting, ignoring the huge amounts of damage that his body had taken.
Range: Standard melee range | Extended melee range normally, several meters with Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist | Same as before
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Quite high (Great knowledge in H2H combat and can analyze and memorize an opponent's fighting style and movements in only a few moments) and able to at least predict the plans of the Monster Association. Through observation, he learns of countermeasures for other people's fighting styles. Sometimes switches between fighting styles to keep his movement unpredictable or for his amusement. His mastery of martial arts enables him to attack his opponents as if "(They) were being cornered by dozens of martial artists at once" as described by Superalloy Darkshine, despite the two being roughly on the same level at the time of their fight and Darkshine being a reputable hand to hand combatant.
Weaknesses: Garou is very protective of Tareo, and he always put his life on the line to ensure his safety. Garou often withholds from using the Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist martial art until he needs to, as it reminds him of Bang. Prone to intentionally prolonging fights to become stronger, typically letting enemies get serious. Tends to underestimate opponents once they are "defeated" | None Notable | None Notable | His adaptability can be overwhelmed with sufficient power if the gap is too high (Couldn't keep up with a serious Saitama in the end). Adaptation can make him trade speed for more strength, turning him into a mindless monster.
Master Martial Artist: Garou is an extremely skilled fighter, who adapts to combat and uses the advantage of the opponent's weak spots to give himself the upper advantage in fights. His learning ability (超学習能力, Chō Gakushū Nōryoku) allows him to learn countermeasures for other people's fighting styles while making their fighting styles his own. He shows this ability against Tanktop Master, where he attacks his weak spots and quickly turns the tables. He also shows this unique ability in his fight with Metal Bat, where he comments that Metal Bat's attacks are getting predictable and weird. While fighting his opponents, Garou gains access to their fighting styles and techniques, simply by witnessing them once. Moreover, when fighting, Garou aims for the vital points and joints to make his opponents lose the ability to fight back very quickly. Furthermore, through analyzing his opponent's line of vision, posture, muscle tension, breathing, energy, movement patterns, and center of gravity he can almost perfectly predict his opponent's next movement. His prediction accuracy only improves as Garou becomes stronger.
- Various Martial Arts Mastery:
- Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist: A distinctive martial art Garou learned from his former master, Bang. It is a combat style that relies on countering attacks despite being stronger than his own. This is also useful for the offensive stream of attacks that can take enemies by surprise. The martial art can repel the attacks of his opponents, nullify them, or redirect them with twice the power. Using this technique, Garou can beat some of the lower S-Class heroes, although he tends to avoid using this attack early on. His technique also wasn't perfected to the point that he couldn't repel Superalloy Darkshine's attack before he started adapting
- Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist: Bomb's martial art. This martial art style involves a powerful hand rotation technique to create a razor-sharp whirlwind pressure that chops the opponent into tiny pieces. The martial art then pushes the opponent back with various degrees of force, depending on the proximity towards the eye of the whirlwind. The cutting pressure is also used in martial art's kicks.
- Whirlwind Water Stream Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist: A more advanced technique than both Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist and Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist, a move that splits the skies and blasts airstreams into the opponent’s body. It is one level weaker than Cross Fang Dragon Slayer Fist. The move is powerful enough to break Elder Centipede's carapace before the monster molted. Traditionally when the technique connects, the shockwave created will spread through the victim's entire body, which ultimately reduces the victim to dust.
- Cross Dragon Fang Slayer Fist: A technique that is developed by utilizing Water Streaming Rock Smashing Fist and Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist. It is much stronger compared to those two techniques and usually requires two people to perform such a technique. The only other two who could perform this were Bang and Bomb, who were each master in their respective martial arts styles. The technique is even stronger than Whirlwind Water Stream Blasting Sky Splitting Fist.
- Military Martial Arts (我流武術, Garyū Bujutsu): Based on Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist, this fighting style evolves freely during combat. This was first seen used against Heavy Tank Fundoshi.
- Tanktop Tackle: Copied from Tanktop Master. He charges at his opponent, bulling them over with folded forearms. He uses this against Flashy Flash.
- Tanktop Blow: Copied from Tanktop Master. Garou unbalances and distracts his opponent by striking the ground with tremendous force after spinning to build up momentum. He first uses this against Bang and Bomb, then later against Flashy Flash.
- Watchdog Man's Dog Movements: During his fight with Genos, Garou is shown to have been able to mimic the movement of Watchdog Man in which he uses to catch Genos off guard to grab his right arm.
- Monster Calamity God Slayer Fist: An exceptional technique developed by Garou from various combat methods he mastered. With this move, he can finish off the rest of the S-Class Heroes.
- God Slayer Instant Attack: Garou sends a volley of punches at extremely high speeds. Able to take down all of Tatsumaki's projectiles with this.
- God Slayer Ascending Attack: An upward strike that was strong enough to knock Saitama into the air
- Abandonment: The user removes all restrictions that he had placed on his mind. Effectively heightened the user's mobility, agility, and maneuverability.
- Adaptability: While his "limiter" was breaking, Garou seems to have developed a form of adaptability. This allows him to become stronger and faster over time as well as make him seemingly immune to any attack that fails to kill him, such as developing stronger resistance to psychic attacks on top of his already immense will. This also allows him to transform into various forms making him a real Monster. He likens this to the Fighting Spirit (気合い, Kiai) ability Metal Bat has.
- Mimicry: Similar to adaptability, Garou can mimic techniques and abilities that he has witnessed before. Tanktop Tackle is one of the moves he was able to copy and the even Cross Dragon Fang Slayer Fist
- Regeneration: Garou can heal very quickly, as he fully recovered his life-threatening injuries from Royal Ripper in only a few hours. He also regenerated getting pierced through his stomach after Orochi’s horn struck and left a big hole; he restored in a matter of minutes while dodging the Monster King's attacks. His body absorbs black matter from the air to close any wound
Key: Human Garou | Half Monster Garou | Awakened Garou