|“||Flareon's fluffy fur has a functional purpose—it releases heat into the air so that its body does not get excessively hot. This Pokémon's body temperature can rise to a maximum of 1,650 degrees Fahrenheit.||„|
|~ Flareon's Pokédex entry in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire|
Flareon is a Fire-type Pokémon and one of Eevee's possible evolutions. It's known for its unique fur collar, which helps it regulate its own body temperature, as well as its ability to spew flames approaching temperatures of 3,000 degrees Fahrenheit from its flame sac.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-A
Name: Flareon, Booster
Gender: Varies, Tends to be male
Classification: Flame Pokémon
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Fire Manipulation, Statistics Reduction, Absorption (Can absorb outside sources of fire to boost its next move's power with its Flash Fire ability), Minor Poison Manipulation via Smog, Status Effect Inducement, Darkness Manipulation via Bite, Resistance to Plant Manipulation. Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, and Metal Manipulation (Flareon's typing grants it resistance to Grass, Bug, Fire, Ice, Fairy, Ice, and Steel-type moves. Flash Fire allows Flareon to absorb oncoming sources of fire to boost its own power), Dynamax
Attack Potency: At least Mountain level+ (As seen in Pokémon Yellow, Colosseum, and XD Gale of Darkness, Eeveelutions are Final Form starters and should be comparable to the others)
Lifting Strength: Class 5
Striking Strength: At least Mountain Class+
Durability: At least Mountain level+
Range: Standard melee range, tens of kilometers with most attacks
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Above basic instinctual normally. Above average in battling, as Pokémon are naturally hardwired for battle
Weaknesses: Weak to Rock, Ground, and Water-type moves. It damages itself while using Flare Blitz. Flareon must fluff its own fur periodically to control its body temperature
- Baby-Doll Eyes: Flareon stares at the target while attempting to appear cute and harmless to make the opponent less willing to hurt it, lowering their physical attack power.
- Bite: Flareon sinks its fangs into its opponent, dealing damage and potentially interrupting their next attack.
- Fire Fang: Flareon fills its jaws with flames before biting down on the target, potentially leaving them with a debilitating burn that can lower their physical attack power.
- Fire Spin: Flareon spews a tornado of fire that surrounds and continuously damages the target while preventing them from retreating or escaping.
- Flare Blitz: Flareon shrouds itself in fire and recklessly charges at its target, dealing heavy damage but also inflicting a portion of this damage on Flareon as recoil.
- Helping Hand: Flareon boosts the power of its ally's next attack.
- Last Resort: After using all of its other abilities at least once, Flareon fires off a powerful burst of energy.
- Lava Plume: Flareon unleashes a burst of scarlet flames that wash over all of its foes, potentially leaving a debilitating burn that can lower their physical attack power.
- Quick Attack: Flareon rushes forward at blistering speeds far surpassing its normal pace in an attempt to strike first.
- Sand Attack: Flareon kicks dirt and sand into its opponent's eyes to blind them and lower their accuracy.
- Scary Face: Flareon flashes the scariest expression it can make to terrify the opponent, lowering their speed in the process.
- Smog: Flareon releases filthy, noxious gas that damages the target and potentially poisons them.
- Tail Whip: Flareon trips up its opponent with its tail to lower their defenses.