|“||The ages fall away! The rule of law is stripped from the bones of the world! A new will grips the earth, the sky, the aether! My will!||„|
Dormammu is the ruler of the Dark Dimension and the archenemy of Doctor Strange. After he and his sister Umar killed their own father in their home realm, they were forced to flee to the Dark Dimension where they taught to its ruler King Olnar the ability to absorb universes into his dimension in exchange for a residence. However, Olnar was later killed by an Invasion of the Mindless Ones, which were defeated by Dormammu and Umar. Since there was no king left, Dormammu took the throne for himself and absorbed the flames of regency to increase his own power.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 2-A, possibly Low 1-C | Low 1-A
Origin: Marvel Comics
Age: At least millions of years old
Classification: Faltine (A race of sentient, magical & higher-dimensional energy beings), Ruler of the Dark Dimension
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, possibly Higher-Dimensional Existence (Born in the Faltine realm, which has more dimensions than the Dark Dimension, which was described as having "a greater number of spatial dimensions than man’s universe"), Genius Intelligence, Magic, Immortality (Types 1), Power Absorption via Biological Absorption, Void Manipulation, BFR, Summoning, Sealing, Flight, Life force and Energy Absorption, Forcefield Creation, Reality Warping in his own dimension, Creation, Telepathy (Both offensive and defensive), Illusion Creation, Dream Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Petrification (Turned Hulk to stone), Time Travel, Shapeshifting, Size Manipulation, Dimensional Travel (Can travel between universes), Spatial Manipulation (Can merge other universes to own dimension), Sleep Manipulation (Made a potion to put the Mindless Ones to sleep), Power Nullification (Revoked Thor’s godhood and Iron Man’s armor), Cosmic Awareness (Has mystic senses. Nothing can approach the Dark Dimension without his knowledge), Mind Manipulation (Controlled Scarlet Witch), All the powers and resistances of Doctor Strange (Knows all of Strange's spells, and gained all of Strange's memories), Deconstruction (Can turn somebody into embers), Upon absorbing the power of Multiversal Eternity, he displayed the powers of Omnipresence and Omniscience, Possibly Resistance to Space-Time Manipulation (Implied that he was unaffected by space and time, although their manipulation can destroy him when weakened)
Attack Potency: Multiverse level+ (Stated twice to be capable of challenging or defeating the entire Celestial race. Mephisto needs to be helped by Satannish, Hela, Daimon Hellstrom and Pluto to face Dormammu), possibly Low Complex Multiverse level (Sustains the existence of the Dark Dimension, which has been described as having more dimensions than man’s universe. Implied to have killed The Trinity of Ashes and Slorioth, who rival the Vishanti and threaten Eternity just by existing, respectively. One-shot Giraud, who wounded Eternity) | Low Outerverse level (With the help of Umar, he was able to defeat Multiversal Eternity. Stated that he could conquer the multiverse and melt all creation into a pool of cosmic slag. Consumed a council of pandimensional beings. Had control over a pandimensional army and killed a large portion of them in a fit of rage. He later absorbed the power of Multiversal Eternity, and threatened to destroy the entire multiverse)
Lifting Strength: Immeasurable | Immeasurable
Striking Strength: Multiversal+, possibly Low Complex Multiversal | Low Outerversal
Durability: Multiverse level+, possibly Low Complex Multiverse level | Low Outerverse level
Stamina: Extremely High
Range: Multiversal, possibly Low Complex Multiversal | Low Outerversal
Standard Equipment: The Flames of the Faltine
Intelligence: At least Extraordinary Genius according to the latest handbooks. Capable of outsmarting cosmic beings, with extreme knowledge of magic, and intimate knowledge of many magical realms and universes. Omniscient after absorbing Multiversal Eternity’s power.
Weaknesses: His magical powers are weakened beyond the boundaries of the Dark Dimension such as in the main 616 universe. Time travelling exhausts him, and he is unlikely to use it. He is also incredibly arrogant.
Feats: Respect thread.
- Sealed Eternity.
- Disintegrated Eternity's substance while in his weakest incarnation (Strange Tales #146)
- Sealed Zom in the chains of living bondage.
- Summoned the great black magicians from across the universe.
- Can merge with his selves from different timelines to amplify his already immense power.
- Erected (another) barrier to banish all the Mindless Ones to a pocket of the Dark Dimension.
- Can seal off portals.
- Distorted the astral form of Dr. Strange with a gesture.
- Petrified the Hulk into crystal.
- Outlawed dreaming in all of his dimensions, where even daydreaming hurts the victim.
- Forcibly took the Eye of Agamotto from Doctor Strange for his own use, despite the amulet having an infinite amount of security enchantments.
- In an inferior body, he was able to one-shot Umar while she had the Flames of Regency, which could have prevented a singularity that would threaten all known universes.
- Threatened to shatter an entire world while in the Dark Dimension, which has "worlds beyond counting". He may have threatened a universe in the Dark Dimension in this instance.
- Threatened to make a world in the Dark Dimension come tumbling down about his foes, with Strange saying that leaving his fight with Dormommu at that moment would make his evil spread to worlds beyond counting.
Key: Base | Amplified by the Cosmic Axis
- Before making any changes to this page, please read and follow the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics.
- This profile only includes Dormammu’s history from his first appearance in Strange Tales #126 to Defenders Vol. 3 #5 in January 25 of 2006.
|Discussion threads involving Dormammu (Classic)|