|“||Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.||„|
|~ Emperor Palpatine|
|“||It is unavoidable. It is your destiny. You - like your father - are now... mine!||„|
|~ Emperor Palpatine, to Luke Skywalker|
Emperor Sheev Palpatine, secretly the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious, was the last Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic, the first and only emperor of the Galactic Empire, and arguably the most powerful Sith Lord in the galaxy's history. Born into an influential and wealthy family on the peaceful world of Naboo, he became the apprentice of Darth Plagueis in his search for power and recognition. He would then use his family's influence to become Naboo's senator and eventually Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic, subtly manipulating the events of the Clone Wars in his favor before finally enacting Order 66, wiping out nearly all Jedi in existence and thus leaving him virtually unopposed as the Emperor of the new Galactic Empire.
But his tyrannical rule eventually inspired rebellion. Through much sacrifice and hardship, the rebellion spearheaded by Princess Leia Organa gradually loosened the Empire's iron grip over the galaxy. Finally, Sidious and his apprentice, Darth Vader, were confronted by Luke Skywalker aboard the Death Star. After Skywalker's and Vader's duel, Sidious attempted to electrocute the young Jedi with a barrage of Force Lightning. But Vader's paternal instincts, stemming from his true identity as Anakin Skywalker, ultimately led the Sith Apprentice to betray his Master, knocking Sidious into the Death Star's reactor core, killing the Dark Lord once and for all.
But in the Legends continuity, this was only the beginning of Sidious' rise, as the Dark Lord of the Sith had many more plans for the galaxy that would have catastrophic consequences...
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 7-C | 4-B | 4-B
Name: Darth Sidious, Sheev Palpatine
Origin: Star Wars
Age: Late 50's in prequels, around 88 at time of death | Late 50's in prequels; around in his 90s at the time of final death
Classification: Human Force User/Dark Lord of the Sith/Emperor of the Galactic Empire/Former Republic Senator | Human Force User/Dark Lord of the Sith/Supreme Chancellor of the (Old) Galactic Republic/Emperor of the Galactic Empire
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Precognition, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Telekinetic Blasts, Mind Manipulation, Psychometry, Forcefield Creation (In the form of Force Barrier), Energy Manipulation (Can reflect, redirect, and absorb energy attacks thrown at him), Elemental Manipulation (In the form of Force Lightning), Limited Power Nullification against Jedi and other Light Side Force users
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Immortality (Type 6 via Transfer Essence), Stealth Mastery, Martial Arts (Skilled in all forms of lightsaber combat), Precognition, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Psychometry, Forcefield Creation, Mind Manipulation/Memory Manipulation, Energy Manipulation (Can reflect, redirect, and absorb energy attacks Via Tutaminis), Healing, Clairvoyance, Extrasensory Perception, Aura sensing, Matter Manipulation (Sub-Atomic, Able to create a Holocron, which requires one to make numerous precision alterations to it on a subatomic scale, as well as create and manipulate weapons on a molecular level, though this is not combat applicable. Through Art of the Small he can directly manipulate things on a molecular level, compress things on a molecular level with Dimension Shift, and vibrate molecules to create fire with Pyrokinesis.), Air Manipulation (Via Alter Environment, Adiabatic Shield, and Force Whirlwind), Weather Manipulation (Via Alter Environment and Summon Storm), Heat Manipulation (Via Alter Environment, Tapas, Convection, and Cryomancy), Electricity Manipulation (Via Alter Environment, Electric Judgement, and Force Lightning), Earth Manipulation (Via Alter Environment), Water Manipulation (Via Alter Environment), Non-Physical Interaction, Statistics Amplification (Via Force Valor, Enhance Attribute, Magnify Senses, and Force Rage), Body Control (Via Morichro, Breath Control, Hibernation Trance, and Convection), Empathic Manipulation, Electro-Magnetism Manipulation (Via Ionize), Light Manipulation (Via Force Blinding and Force Flash), Power Nullification (Via Force Light, Sever Force, and Dampen Force), Paralysis Inducement (Via Force Stun), Plant Manipulation (Via Plant Surge), Willpower Manipulation (Via Force of Will, Battle Meditation, Crush Opposition, and Malicious Fury), Damage Reduction (Via Reduce Injury), Sound Manipulation (Via Sound Mimicry, Force Bellow, and Force Scream), Life Manipulation (Via Transfer Force), Animal Manipulation (Via Animal Telepathy, Beast Language, and Animal Bond), Perception Manipulation (Via Dim Other's Senses and Alter Mind), Morality Manipulation, Time Travel (Via Time-Drifting), Invisibility (Via Force Invisibility and Force Cloak), Information Analysis (Via Insight and Shatterpoint Perception), Technology Manipulation (Via Technometry, Electronic Manipulation, Mechu-Deru, and Mechu-Deru Vitae), Shapeshifting (Via Alter Image and Mask), Illusion Creation (Via Alter Mind, Dreamscape, Force Illusion, Masquerade, Dark Illusion, and Mindform), Explosion Manipulation (Via Combustion, Force Bomb, and Force Burst), Pain Manipulation (Via Crucitorn and Inflict Pain), Spatial Manipulation (Via Dimension Shift, Fold Space, Force Storm, and Force Travel), Duplication (Via Doppleganger), Attack Reflection (Via Force Deflection), Energy Projection (Via Force Burst, Force Orb, Corruption, Force Destruction, Bolt of Hatred, and Force Blast), Absorption (Via Force Subjugate and Force Drain), Empowerment (Via Force Weapon, Sith Alchemy, and Enhance Force Sensitivity), Gravity Manipulation (Via Inertia and Levitation), Intangibility (Via Phase), Fire Manipulation (Via Pyrokinesis and Fiery Energy), Teleportation, Rage Power (Via Eternal Hatred and Force Rage), Information Manipulation (Via Drain Knowledge), Corruption (Via Bleeding), Summoning (Via Create Force Wraith, Dwomutsiqsa, and Invoke Spirits), Aura (Via Dark Aura, Aura of Uneasiness, and False Light Side Aura), Statistics Reduction (Via Dark Aura and Force Slow), Weapon Creation (Via Sith Alchemy, Force Weapon, and Darkshear), Deconstruction (Via Deadly Sight), Fear Manipulation (Via Force Fear, Force Horror, and Summon Fear), Madness Manipulation (Via Force Insanity), Avatar Creation (Via Force Phantoms), Time Manipulation (Via Force Storm), Magic, Existence Erasure (Via Dark Side Tendrils), Sealing (Via Force Walk), Power Absorption (Via Force Walk and Invoke Spirits), Resurrection (Via Reanimate Dead), Poison Manipulation (Via Sith Poison), Biological Manipulation (Via Mechu-Deru Vitae and Midi-Chlorian Manipulation), Homing Attack (Via Force Shock), Resistance to Poison Manipulation (Via Curato Salva), Disease Manipulation (Via Curato Salva), Mind Manipulation (Via Thought Shield), Empathic Manipulation (Via Thought Shield), Energy Manipulation (Via Energy Resistance), Paralysis Inducement (Via Resist Stun), and Precognition/Clairvoyance (The Dark Side clouds the future regarding Palpatine's actions, preventing any precognitive and clairvoyant abilities from viewing him), Force Resistance grants a resistance to Enhanced Senses, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Mind Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Perception Manipulation, Illusion Creation, Energy Manipulation, Energy Projection, Matter Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Heat Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Body Control, Empathic Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Power Nullification, Paralysis Inducement, Willpower Manipulation, Pain Manipulation, Information Manipulation, Aura, Madness Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, Statistics Reduction, Deconstruction, Absorption, Soul Manipulation, Life Manipulation, Death Manipulation, and Existence Erasure
All previous abilities plus Non-Corporeal (Can exist long after his physical body is destroyed as living energy), Spatial Manipulation (After the death of his physical body, he became a seething nexus of Dark Side energy that could tear apart the fabric of space and devour everything in his vicinity)
Attack Potency: At least Large Town level (Even while holding back and not using his true power, is able to casually drag starships larger and sturdier than a Maxillipede shuttle or Kom'rk-class Fighter out of the sky and destroy them upon impacting the ground. Equal to Yoda); able to cut those with durability similar to that of General Grievous and the AT-AT walker with lightsaber | Solar System level (Repeatedly referred to as the most powerful Sith and practitioner of the Dark Side in history, making him more powerful than Vitiate, the Valley of the Jedi, Aleema Keto commanding Naga Sadow's Sith Corsair and Wutzek. His power was once described by Darth Vader to be of this scale. After killing Darth Plagueis, Sidious' power caused the stars themselves to shake and flare, and constellations to align in new configurations which defied their orbits) | Solar System level (Significantly more powerful than he had ever been in his previous body, and continues to grow in power with each passing moment. Could only be permanently defeated by the combined might of the spirits of every Jedi who had ever been born over the last 25,000 years, which should include the Hero of Tython)
Speed: Subsonic running speeds with Force Speed (Far superior to Darth Vader, can move at such speeds that he is seemingly a blur), Massively Hypersonic+ combat speeds and reactions augmented by precognition (At least comparable to Mace Windu, traded blows with Windu in a fierce and lengthy lightsaber duel) | Relativistic with FTL+ combat speed and reactions (Effortlessly struck down several Jedi Masters before they could react. Moved with such speed that Anakin Skywalker viewed him as fading out of existence) | Massively FTL+ (Traveled from the Moon of Endor to all the way to Byss in the span of one year)
Lifting Strength: Peak Human naturally. Can be augmented to Superhuman levels thanks to Force Amplification. Class M with telekinesis (Comparable to Yoda) | Peak Human naturally. Can be augmented to Superhuman level with the Force. Class G with telekinesis (Far more powerful than Darth Vader and Galen Marek) | Peak Human naturally. Can be augmented to Superhuman level with the Force. Class G with telekinesis (More powerful than in his previous body)
Durability: Wall level naturally (Should not be weaker than Count Dooku). At least Large Town level with Force amplification (Comparable to Yoda. Survived the backlash caused by his Force Lightning overwhelming Yoda's Tutaminis as well as surviving his own Force Lightning being directed back at him by Mace Windu) | Street level naturally. Solar System level with Force amplification (Can generate barriers or shields with the Force with this much power. Is also very difficult to kill due to astral/soul manipulation and possession) | Solar System level (At his peak, he had ceased to be a strictly physical being, instead becoming a pure nexus of dark Force energies which tore the very fabric of reality around him. Required the combined efforts of the spirits of every Jedi who had been born over 25,000 years to be permanently put down). Immortality, Regeneration/Resurrection, and his nature as a pure nexus of dark energies make him incredibly difficult to kill
Stamina: Very high
Range: Extended melee range with lightsaber. Galactic with Force powers (Capable of Force Choking Darth Tyranus from across the galaxy while talking with him via hologram. Sensed the death of Kanan Jarrus on Lothal and sensed the very planet's fate changing while on Coruscant. Attempted to warp post Jedi training Luke's mind while he was on Coruscant and Luke was far in the Outer Rim territories). Galactic to Interdimensional with Sith Magic (Capable of affecting targets across the galaxy with Sith Magic, as proven from when he used it on Yoda on Moraband while still on Coruscant. Used Sith Magic to reach into the "World Between Worlds" [which is a separate pocket of reality from the normal physical space and time of the universe and connects all normal space and time] in an attempt to capture Ahsoka Tano and Ezra Bridger) | Extended melee range with lightsaber. Galactic with Force powers (Per the force secret "distant power"), telepathy, and Force Storms (Captured Luke Skywalker from Coruscant and transported him all the way to the planet Byss)
Intelligence: True to his title, Darth Sidious was a master of subterfuge and guile, smoothly navigating galactic politics into the position of Supreme Chancellor despite the cutthroat competition and rampant corruption in the Senate at the time. As Supreme Chancellor he successfully commissioned the creation of the Clone Army and seized emergency powers to consolidate his position while simultaneously running the Separatist Alliance with the Jedi none the wiser, thus paving the path for the Jedi's extermination with the galaxy-spanning Cone Wars. His promises of power also successfully turned many of the greatest Jedi to the Dark Side, including Count Dooku and Anakin Skywalker, making them feared symbols of the Sith while disposing of them as necessary. His ruthlessness and cunning as a political strategist was only matched by his incredible mastery of the Dark Side of the Force. Spending decades studying the most arcane and forbidden arts of both the Jedi and the Sith, he was a master of virtually every Force ability while developing new abilities to use at his leisure, becoming so powerful that he was a nexus of the Dark Side itself and utilizing techniques wielded by the greatest Sith Lords in history to become the mightiest of them all. Despite treating it as a mere game, Sidious was also a nearly unrivaled lightsaber duelist. Having mastered every from of lightsaber combat, he cut down several of the finest duelists in the Jedi Order with a single stroke each while facing multiple Jedi Masters at a time, including the mighty Mace Windu, and easily fended off the likes of Darth Maul and Savage Opress simultaneously. Effortlessly blending his mastery of the two arts in combat, he tended to lull his foes into a false sense of security by underperforming before cutting them down with his full strength or simply electrocuting them with his powerful Force Lightning. Sidious is also a tactical genius, single-handedly preventing the Imperial fleet from losing ground against the rebel forces through his use of battle meditation, coordinating the movements of hundreds of ships and countless starfighters single-handedly from his throne in the Death Star II. He also supplemented his already staggering genius with his mastery of foresight, allowing him glimpses into the future to overtake his opponents and plan for potentially dangerous events, even laying the ground for his return after his death in the Legends continuity. However, for all of his brilliance, he suffered from a critical flaw of the Sith: overconfidence. Sidious underestimated Windu's ability to match him in lightsaber combat and was thus horribly scarred when Windu reflected Sidious' Force Lightning. He also failed to account for Vader's paternal instincts during his confrontation with Luke Skywalker aboard the Death Star, leading to Sidious' death when his sadism led Vader to betray Sidious and throw him into the reactor core.
Weaknesses: Sidious is rather overconfident (as pointed out by Luke) | Some powers are only available to his reborn forms (his clone bodies). His clone bodies rapidly deteriorated over time due to his incredible power, lasting only a day or two by the time of his final death. This process also gradually deteriorated Sidious' mind. After his last physical body was destroyed he will eventually descend into perpetual madness.
- Tutaminis: Tutaminis is a set of Force abilities related to energy absorption. Designated as one in a family of Control abilities, tutaminis techniques are related to the idea that, through the Force, Force users can draw potentially harmful heat or electrical energy into their bodies and diffuse it or channel it away completely. In addition to deflecting energy weapons, this ability could eliminate the harmful effects of other energy-based Force powers such as Force lightning.
- Curato Salva: A set of Force abilities related to self-healing. Designated as one in a family of Control abilities, curato techniques focus on self-healing, staying fit, maintaing endurance, extend lifespans by staving off decay, and flushing out any poisons or diseases within the bloodstream.
- Altus Sopor: The traditional term for the ability to increase a user's focus on the Force. Altus sopor is a basic component of the control area of Force techniques, and when developed, can allow a practitioner to merge into the Force so that they would become nearly invisible to others.
- Force Speed: A core Force power that allows the user to maintain sprinting speeds for a brief time. Greater aptitude grants greater boosts to speed and/or greater duration. The increased speed of the Force-user enabled the individual to see the world and the entities around them in slow motion, allowing them to dodge attacks easily and attack more quickly with greater accuracy.
- Force Stealth: Force stealth, also referred to as Force Concealment or Buried Presence, is a power that was used by highly skilled Force-sensitives to mask their Force alignment (Light or Dark), their ability to use the Force, or even their entire presence from other Force-sensitives.
- Thought Shield: A technique used by Force users and telepaths in order to keep their thoughts, emotions, and motives secret from others. It was taught from the earliest age, to Padawans, apprentices, and sometimes even diplomats, in order to keep their thoughts and emotions from being read and interpreted.
- Prima Vitae: The traditional term for the ability also known as Life Detection, one of the most basic of the Sense abilities. Through Life Detection, a user can feel the presence of living things and track their positions at long range.
- Tactus Otium: The traditional term for the ability also known as Sense Force, this ability allows an individual to sense the ambient Force in a given area. It can not be used to detect sentient beings, but allows an individual to sense the magnitude of Force in an area or object, and even if that Force was aligned with the dark side of the Force, or the light.
- Force Sense: Force sense is among the most basic of Force abilities. It can be used to feel another being's feelings, the future, ripples in the Force caused by momentous or traumatic events, impending danger and the presence of the dark side.
- Force Empathy: Force Empathy is a Force power related to Force Sense which involves picking up impressions of an individual's feelings and general emotional state.
- Force Sight: Force Sight, also known as Force Seeing or Combat Sense, is a basic Force ability. It enhances the bearer's visual and spatial perception even in the dark or behind walls.
- Farsight: Farsight, also called clairvoyance or farseeing, is the ability to gain vague impressions of events happening in other places or times using the Force. These visions focus on strong imagery and emotions. Jedi and Sith skilled in this technique were capable of detecting when friends and apprentices were in danger, examining details of past events, and predicting the probable outcome of a stated course of action. Farsight can also be applied to combat, allowing the practitioner to glimpse moves their opponent may make, as well as outside forces that might affect the battle.
- Precognition: Precognition, also known as danger sense, is a universal Force power that manifests in the form of Force visions of future events, guiding premonitions or warnings, and an inflow of prescience that helped the user predict their opponent's movements.
- Psychometry: Psychometry is a Force power that is a mental technique of picking up impressions and traces of information about the object touched and the events that have surrounded it.
- Force Jump: An application of the Force used to augment the user's natural leaping ability. Force-users adept in this technique could perform awe-inspiring vertical/horizontal leaps with impunity.
- Mind Manipulation: Mind Manipulation, also known as Mind Tricks or Mind Control, refers to a spectrum of Force powers which influence the thoughts of sentient creatures, most commonly used to coerce into agreement by suggestion or to cause one to reveal information. This allows its practitioners to resolve matters in a non-violent way. It can also be used to appeal to a sensory impression for distraction or cause friendly fire among enemies.
- Telekinesis: Telekinesis is a neutral ability that most Force-sensitives had which allows them to move and otherwise manipulate physical matter in a variety of ways, all with the power of the Force. The ability is virtually ubiquitous among Force sensitive individuals and organizations, though the techniques can differ greatly. It has a tremendous number of applications, both combative and utilitarian.
- Force Push: Force push is a telekinetic ability of the Force that is used in an offensive or defensive manner. It can be used to varying degrees, from simply nudging or softly moving targets away from the user, to shoving and knocking them back, to sending them flying through the air, potentially causing serious injury or even death.
- Force Barrier: Force Barrier is both an offensive and defensive Force power, aligned neither with the light or dark sides of the Force, that creates a barrier or wall of Force energy around the intended target, be it self, friend, or foe.
- Alter Environment: A Force power that involves various techniques that allow the user to manipulate nature, enabling the creation of phenomena such as Force whirlwinds or fog that can be used to attack or to shield the user from opponents. This ability utilizes the innate Force energy of the object being manipulated instead of the Force energy of the user. In other words, when a Force-adept uses this power, they would use a small amount of their own power to harness the innate power already present. This could lead to the formation of killer waves and lightning storms with minimum effort and concentration, and depending on the amount of energy expended, little stamina. Alter Environment can be used to manipulate temperatures, creating freezing sub-zero temperatures in seconds, or blistering heat that could burn. With this ability, a user could generate electrical discharges over broad expanses of ground, vacate areas of air, or increase the pressure of the air to burst eardrums. The power allowed a Force-adept to form small earthquakes and fissures or gather the moisture in the air to bring about flash floods. Moreover, Alter Environment could influence already existing natural occurrences; a thunderstorm could be manipulated to unleash a burst of lightning, rain clouds to start up torrential rains, or cause the sky to hail. Windswept seas could be coaxed to rear up in massive waves or form whirlpools. However, the user would need to monitor the effects in order to keep them from spreading to disastrous consequences.
- Cure Disease: A variant of Force healing that can cure diseases afflicting living things.
- Cure Poison: A variant of Force healing that can remove or detoxify poisons afflicting living things.
- Force Enlightenment: A light side Force power that, when activated, takes the Force powers a user is most skilled in, pushing them to the highest degree. The end result is an "enlightened" user, having unlocked and harnessed fully their ability in that technique.
- Force Resistance: An application of the Force used to defend against other Force powers. In its most basic definition, Force resistance referred is the resilience that a Force-user exhibits against Force abilities. Since this defense can be overcome by an opponent's superior willpower and mastery of the Force, Force-sensitives can learn to generate an aura providing additional protection against Force powers. Mastery of this technique is ascribed the name Force Immunity as its user can render some Force powers entirely inert.
- Force Valor: A light side Force power that increases the resolve, accuracy, and speed of one's self and one's allies. Tapping into the Force, a Force user can increase the rate at which one's capacities functioned, allowing the body to move more quickly, strike more powerfully, and fight with improved accuracy.
- Morichro: Similar to a Force trance, morichro suspends biological functions, including breathing and heart rate. A trained morichro user can turn the technique upon themselves, surviving without food, water, or even air for periods of over a year at a time, though it would not protect against vacuum. But unlike a Force trance, it can also be turned on others, making it an effective way of subduing enemies. However, failure to monitor a targeted opponent can render them permanently unconscious or cause them to die of dehydration or starvation.
- Cleanse Mind: A Force power that allows the user to negate an on-going mind-affecting Force power from themselves or an ally within their line of sight.
- Force Meld: A technique where a number of Force users joined their minds together through the Force, drawing strength from each other. It is a refinement of battle meditation, though while battle meditation can influence both the Force-sensitives and the insensitives of both sides, Force Meld concentrates on coordinating and improving the Force-sensitives of the user's side.
- Inspire: A Force power that allows a Force-sensitive to fill their allies with hope and courage to face even the most terrible odds.
- Ionize: Also known as mechu macture, this Force power allows the user to overload and damage electronic systems, such as droids.
- Revelation: A Force power that allows the user to locate their enemies through the enemy being silhouetted by a faint shimmering light that belies their location.
- Revitalize: A light side Force technique that revitalizes an exhausted, wounded or, unconscious user, or whoever the user directed it at.
- Shadow Vision: A Force power that grants the user low-light vision, allowing them to ignore the concealment of darkness, though only lasts for a short period of time.
- Theran Force-Listening: A Force technique used to hear through the Force, allowing the user to understand words in another language or listen to beings talking from a distance.
- Electric Judgement: A technique that is very similar in both appearance and usage to Force lightning, though it appears as yellow or green energy instead of blue or white.
- Force Blinding: A telekinetic light side Force power that creates a blinding flash of energy from the user's hand that overloads a target's vision, causing temporary blindness.
- Force Harmony: A light side Force power that allows several Force-users to join their Force energies together in a pure and powerful manifestation of the light side. Bathing them in light side energies, the ability protects users from dark side powers and can sever opponents from the dark side entirely.
- Force Light: A light side Force power used by the Jedi to purge or contain dark side manifestations or nexus points, whether in places, spirits, or even living persons. By channeling the Force into withering blasts of light-side energy, the darkness can then be diminished or destroyed permanently. Force light can also be used to sever the bond between a Sith battlelord and their followers.
- Force Stun: A Force power that can temporarily deaden the senses and perceptions of a targeted enemy, preventing most movements.
- Force Stasis: A more potent version of Force Stun used the Force to induce a near-catatonic state, freezing that person or being in place.
- Stasis Field: The highest level of Force Stun, this power allows the Force-user to put multiple enemies into brief, non-harmful catatonic states at one time, allowing for quick escapes or to avoid protracted confrontations against seemingly overwhelming numbers. This power could also be used to avoid combat entirely, if the wielder wished to apprehend or sneak by opponents put into stasis.
- Force Stasis: A more potent version of Force Stun used the Force to induce a near-catatonic state, freezing that person or being in place.
- Malacia: A Force technique used to induce a powerful dizziness and nausea in enemies by turning their equilibrium against them. It is completely incapacitating, but causes no damage to the body, though the effects of the power were sometimes so severe that it could cause a target to vomit.
- Plant Surge: Also known as Consitor Sato, this light side Force power allows the user to improve a plant's rate of growth and even affect the manner in which it grows. In battle, the ability to control a plant's growth with the Force can be used to cause plants to grow with incredible speed directly under the user's control, causing plant life to grow and twist around opponents, ensnaring anyone who wasn't quick enough to avoid it.
- Sever Force: A non-lethal Force power by which a being's connection to the Force is interrupted. While intended to be an attack with usually irreversible consequences, severing an individual's Force connection is not always permanent. When the affected being has the Force restored to them, it returns as a painful and sudden rush of feelings.
- Accelerate Healing: A Force power that allows a Force user to use the Force to accelerate the healing process within their own bodies. They could also use it to increase the effectiveness of healing equipment.
- Accelerate Another's Healing: A Force power which allows a Force-sensitive individual to accelerate the healing process in another. The process is made easier by the relationship between the two individuals, and the proximity between them.
- Battlemind: A Force power wherein one's morale and fighting spirit is augmented through sheer focus, giving a user the drive to fight through even the hardest of conflicts. One could overcome the disabilities of old age and even fading stamina.
- Breath Control: A Force power used to control one's own breathing by numbing the body's instinct to shut itself down after long periods without oxygen, allowing the user to be able to go without breathing for longer periods than he or she ordinarily could by reserving the amounts of air in the lungs.
- Concentration: A Force power in which the user focuses on one specific task, clearing their mind of all negative thoughts, and feels the Force flow through themselves and the universe. If successful, the task attempted has a better chance of succeeding.
- Contort/Escape: A Force power that allows a Force user to escape from bindings and other restraints by contorting the body in physically possible but painful ways, using the Force to suppress the painful effects of the procedure.
- Control Disease: A Force power which allows a Force user to direct their own body's antibodies to combat a disease. In the case of a long-standing or particularly virulent disease, the Force user can sometimes take weeks or months of intensive control to throw it off. If successful, the individual can also prevent themselves from being infectious, even if the disease is not completely cured.
- Control Another's Disease: A Force power which allowed a Force-sensitive individual to control the spread of a disease in another.
- Control Pain: A Force power that can be used to reduce the pain suffered as a result of injury or of other reason. Force-users could use Control Pain to suppress the effects of a pain-inflicting injury, and continue to function as if they were not wounded. However, even though the pain is reduced, the injury will remain and still needs to be treated, either through the use of Force healing or through medical methods. Control Pain can also be used to negate the effect of a stun blast, allowing the individual to operate as normal.
- Control Another's Pain: A Force power which used a combination of Control and Sense skills which allows a Force user to suppress pain in another individual.
- Detoxify Poison: A Force power that allows a Force-user to detoxify poisons or eject them from their body in a much shorter amount of time than would normally be possible. It can also be used to cleanse their body of alcohol, allowing the individual to remain sober while consuming vast amounts of the drink.
- Detoxify Poison in Another: A Force power which allows a Force-sensitive individual to detoxify the poison in another's system.
- Emptiness: A Force power in which the individual empties their mind and allows the Force to flow through them, entering a deep meditation. Individuals in states of Emptiness are difficult to detect in the Force, and Force powers directed at them have little or no effect. Entering a state of Emptiness clears and strengthens the individual's connection to the Force, allowing them greater control for a limited period of time after exiting Emptiness.
- Energy Resistance: A Force power used to create a barrier of energy-absorbent force around the user, reducing the damage taken from energy weapons like blasters.
- Enhance Attribute: A Force power that allows a Force-user to increase a physical attribute for a limited time, allowing them to jump higher, dodge quicker, see better, run faster, and the like. It can only enhance one attribute at a time.
- Flashburn: A term used by to describe the reaction in which certain Force-sensitives shut down areas of their minds in reaction to emotional trauma. With sections of their memory seemingly ceasing to exist, those who used the technique are unable to remember details about the event at the center of the trauma.
- Force Body: A type of Force technique which allows any Force-sensitive to push their body's endurance past a safe limit, ignoring and sacrificing their health and well-being in order to sustain their connection to the Force.
- Force Healing: A power that uses the Force to accelerate the natural healing process rapidly, and can be used to heal the most fatal of wounds and injuries.
- Force Sustenance: A Force power that allows the user to sustain themselves with nothing but the essence of the Force.
- Force of Will: A Control-based Force power that allows an individual to manipulate the Force to protect themselves from Force power attacks, creating a shielding aura around themselves as a manifestation of their will.
- Hibernation Trance: A control-based ability that allows Force-users to go into a very deep hibernation state, slowing the user's metabolism and breathing to a standstill, causing the individual to only use one tenth of the air of a normal individual. To all outward appearances, the individual will appear dead; only thorough testing can determine that they are alive, or through the use of sensitive life sensors or another Force user.
- Place in Hibernation Trance: A Force power which allows Force users to place another being in a hibernation trance to receive the benefits of it. The Force user has to be in contact with the individual being targeted and it had to be a consensual act; it cannot be used as a form of attack.
- Instinctive Astrogation Control: A Control-based Force power that is a far more difficult and esoteric version of the Sense-based instinctive astrogation. Instead of feeling out a correct path and related equations, the user would use the Force to enhance their mental abilities, allowing them to calculate incredibly complex mathematical equations of hyperspace navigation in their heads. This is mostly used as a meditation and training activity, as the task was so difficult that even the most skilled Force users are prone to potentially deadly mistakes.
- Projective Telepathy: A force Power used to communicate with other Force users at long distances. The recipient is able to hear the sender and feel their emotions.
- Reduce Injury: A Force power which allows a Force-sensitive individual to reduce the damage suffered by a strike, including an injury that would have killed them. The Force-sensitive is still wounded by the strike, but not as severely as they would have been.
- Force Reflex: A Force power that allows the user to effectively slow the world around them, heightening their reflexes and perceptions.
- Remain Conscious: A Force ability which allows a force-user to fight off damage effects that would knock out a normal individual.
- Resist Stun: A Force power that allows Force-users to resist the effects of being stunned by preparing themselves to resist the effects of stun-based weaponry before they were hit. Successful application of the Force power allow the user to absorb the effects into their body to keep themselves from being temporarily paralyzed or knocked out.
- Return to Consciousness: A Force power that allows Force users to return to consciousness after sustaining an injury or effect that has knocked them out.
- Return Another to Consciousness: A Force power that allows a Force-sensitive to draw upon the Force to return an unconscious individual to consciousness.
- Short-Term Memory Enhancement: A Force ability that allows an individual to 'replay' a recent memory in their head, gaining hyperaccuracy, and recalling a particular detail that was previously observed but not consciously remembered.
- Sound Mimicry: A technique allows a Force user imitate precisely a sound they had heard previously.
- Tapas: A Force technique that allows its user to draw on the power of the Force to remain warm in a cold environment.
- Transfer Force: A Force power that allows the user to transfer their life force to a mortally wounded target, thereby saving the recipient's life.
- Animal Telepathy: A Force power used to read the thoughts of an animal and other creatures. The more intelligent the animal, the more complex the thoughts.
- Beast Language: A Force ability that allows a user to speak with one type of creature in a language that it could understand, allowing both the handler and the animal to communicate and exchange information. It can not be used to communicate with creatures that do not normally communicate, such as microbes.
- Comprehend Speech: A Force ability that enables a Force user to understand the spoken language of any sentient they are interacting with, though it does not necessarily allow them to speak it, merely understand the general meaning.
- Dim Other's Senses: A Force power that reduces the perception of the target's surroundings, allowing individuals to hide or sneak past the affected target.
- Flow-Walking: A rare Force power which allows the user view the past and the future. When one used flow-walking, they could change a person's perception of the past, but not the past itself.
- Time-Drifting: An extension of flow-walking, where an individual moved along the threads of the Force to travel backward or forward in time. However, if time-drifters are seen by those they visited, it can create shifts in the flow of time by altering the visited individual's actions.
- Force Invisibility: A Force power that renders a Force user invisible.
- Force Smell: A Force power that allows the user to augment their sense of smell in order to pick up things that they normally would be unable to.
- Force Track: A neutral Force power that allows a Force-user to peer into the Force for guidance, picking up the lost path of their quarry.
- Insight: A Force power that allows the user a moment to deeply sense their surroundings, revealing and highlighting to them any potential threats.
- Instinctive Astrogation: A Force ability that allows the user to find a route through hyperspace that is fast and safe without the help of a navigation computer or astromech droid by reaching out with the Force to determine the safest path from the myriad possibilities available.
- Life Detection: A Force power that allows a Force-sensitive to detect beings who were otherwise hidden from their normal senses. The power is active subconsciously, with a general range of ten meters around the Force-sensitive. When a life form gets within range of the Force user, they receive a warning that the individual or creature is there, as well as their location. The Force user can also determine whether or not the new arrival has access to the Force, and if the arrival is known to the Force user, then their identity is known to them. Life Detection can also determine whether or not a Force-sensitive in a hibernation trance is still alive or not.
- Life Sense: A Force power which allows Force-sensitives to sense the life force of a target they are searching for, their presence and identity, as well as their physical condition, such as wounds or illness.
- Life Web: A Force power which allows Force-sensitives to sense the general direction and approximate distance of large concentrations of members of a specific alien species, such as Humans or Rodian. It can not detect populations of less than 100,000. A user would have to be familiar with the alien race in order to detect members of that species, and he or she can only sense one species at a time.
- Magnify Senses: A Force ability which increases the effectiveness of a Force User's normal senses, allowing them to better notice something they may otherwise miss under normal conditions, such as hearing sounds beyond the range of normal Human hearing or seeing something that would normally require binoculars.
- Receptive Telepathy: A Force power which allows Force users to actively read a person's thoughts and feel their emotions. In some cases, the Force user could search a target's memories for specific information. The power can be used against creatures as well, although using it against individuals of a different species sometimes results in difficult to interpret information if the species processed emotions differently.
- Sense Path: A Force power that allows an individual to see visions of the potential future of their actions, and whether or not their current course would lead them to the dark side of the Force. Unlike true Force visions, the visions received by the Force user are generally allegorical.
- Shatterpoint Perception: Shatterpoints are a complex Force phenomenon, perceivable only by an unknown innate talent or immense focus and concentration on the part of the Force user. Shatterpoints are akin to fault lines, similar to different pathways of actions. Adept Force users are able to perceive these faults through the Force, and influence them.
- Shift Sense: A Force power which allows the individual to shift their senses to detect phenomena that were usually beyond their normal range, such as shifting their vision to detect infrared or radio waves, detecting certain chemical combinations through their olfactory senses, or perceiving higher or lower sound frequencies.
- Technometry: A Force power that allows a user to tap into and read technological devices, and in some cases control them.
- Truth Sense: An ability which allows the individual to tap into the Force in order to determine if another being was telling the truth.
- Force Visions: Force Visions are rare but powerful aspects of the Force, and considered the cornerstone of the Unifying Force. Generally, when peering deep into the Force, a Force user had the potential to see events that could happen in the future. Force visions are extremely rare and uncontrollable. Often, one would meditate to gain a vision, but only a few would actually succeed.
- Weather Sense: A Force power that allows a user to attune themselves to the workings of local weather patterns, allowing to predict the weather.
- Adiabatic Shield: A Force power in which the user manipulates the air around them to function as a shield of sorts. While this shield does not protect the user from blaster fire or impact with solid objects, it can disperse gases and airborne chemicals that can affect the user. A user could use this power to disperse smoke, poisonous vapors like chlorine, or more subtle chemicals like airborne pheromones.
- Alter Image: A Force power which allows the user to alter their own personal features, such as the height, weight, skin color, facial features, sex, voice, and body shape. These changes stay as long as the Force-sensitive kept the power up, but would be dropped whenever the Force-user falls unconscious or simply loses concentration.
- Art of the Small: A radical Force technique through which, by narrowing their focus, a Force user can essentially shrink their presence in the Force to a microscopic size. While in this state, the user can operate molecules in any way they wanted, turning them into something completely different. With the power to alter things at a molecular level, a Force-user can have many uses for such a technique, including but not limited to giving tears healing properties, amplify energy currents, and compose deadly toxins and chemicals that can be released directly from the body. Art of the Small can also be employed to conceal one's presence in the Force or outright render them invisible.
- Alter Mind: A power used to shape the minds of others or project an image into the mind of another being, often an altered perception of reality or illusion that could influence the being.
- Animal Bond: Animal Bond is the Force ability to control an animal. Once calmed, the animal can be used by the Force user in various ways, including as a mount or guard beast.
- Ballistakinesis: A telekinetic Force power which uses telekinesis to accelerate a handful of small objects to lethal velocities. Ballistakinesis is not especially accurate, but when blanketing an area with accelerated debris, accuracy is not essential.
- Battle Meditation: A Force ability that considerably boosts the morale, stamina, and overall battle prowess of an individual's allies while simultaneously reducing the opposition's combat-effectiveness by eroding their will to fight.
- Combustion: Also known as Flamusfracta, this Force ability that allows users to cause an object to explode by sheer force of will. Depending on the size, density and vulnerability of the object in question, combustion is harder or easier to use successfully.
- Convection: A Force power that allows a Force-user to alter their body chemistry, causing the skin to burn with incredible heat. While such concentration of Force energy does not cause lasting injury to its user, it can be used to harm an opponent, even going as far as to set others on fire through physical contact.
- Crucitorn: A technique for transcending physical pain beyond normal thresholds. Crucitorn has two ways of affecting a Force-user's target. The first is through means of mental infiltration, in which the user can focus on another's sensation or interpretation of pain, enhancing it to seem as if an injury was more painful than it really was or alleviate the amount of pain produced. The second is through focusing directly on the wounds themselves, agitating them through the Force and causing more pain to course through the body, making it much more painful than how it would feel being left alone.
- Cryokinesis: A Force power that allows a Force-user to draw heat away from the object, causing its temperature to drop rapidly.
- Dampen Force: A technique used to block the Force powers of others through use of the Force. However, it does not block the entire use of the Force and is temporary.
- Dimension Shift: A Force power that allows the user to shift an amount of inanimate matter either into an alternate dimension or compressing the molecules, making it completely vanish. Once the object has made its way through the space occupied by the matter, it can be recalled to its original state, leaving it so perfectly matched up that there is no evidence it had ever vanished.
- Dopplegänger: Also known as Similfuturus, this Force power allows the user to create a perfect illusion of themselves through the Force. The ability could also be used to duplicate objects that were visually indistinguishable from the real item.
- Dreamscape: A Force projection that places an opponent in a world created in the mind of the wielder. The illusion can be broken if the opponent tried to break through it, but until that time, it appears to them to be entirely real.
- Fold Space: A Force power that allows a Force-user to bend space to instantly transport an object between places.
- Force Bellow: A power in which the user amplifies their voice using the Force.
- Force Bomb: An offensive Force power that uses the Force to detonate the air, dealing heavy kinetic damage.
- Force Burst: A Force power that creates an explosion of force energy. The power of the burst depends on the amount of time and energy put into it, and its size and intensity can range anywhere from huge and combustible, to small but relatively deadly.
- Force Cloak: Force cloak, also known as Force camouflage, is a rarely seen Force talent involving the manipulation of light and sound waves to render a practitioner virtually invisible to the naked eye.
- Force Confusion: A variant of Mind Trick which can be used in combat to temporarily manipulate enemies to fight as an ally. It is especially useful when outnumbered, and is quicker to employ than affect mind in the heat of battle.
- Force Crush: One of the most violent Force abilities known to the Sith and the Jedi, this deadly technique lifts the opponent into the air and, as they were floating, causes their body to implode as it is crushed by the Force.
- Force Deflection: A Force power used by Force users to deflect incoming attacks if they find themselves disarmed.
- Force Flash: A Force power employed when the person using it did not want to be seen, the user creates an unnatural flash of bright light, temporary blinding the opponent or temporarily disable recording devices such as holocams.
- Force Ghost: A Force ghost is the soul and essence of a deceased Force-sensitive who denied the will of the Force upon death, yet is able to interact with the living, albeit not physically. This is done by sublimating one's organic cells into a state of pure energy at the moment of death. In its "normal" state, a Force Spirit can only interact with other noncorporeal entities, and in order to be heard or seen by the living the Spirit has to manifest itself. On a basic level, a Force ghost can appear as a floating, milky gray mass of energy that lacks distinctive features, but it can also manifest itself as the exact image of the dead being during their lifetime, only transparent and emitting a bluish glow. Force spirits can pass through solid matter effortlessly and, in some cases, a spirit can acquire temporary solidity by drawing on a living creature's link with the Force, which allows it to actually touch that creature. A manifested spirit can wield Force powers and has the ability to travel instantaneously to any point in the galaxy by force of will, though this power requires that the spirit be familiar with the destination. The presence of the Force at the place of arrival is also necessary for that ability to work, since it acts as a beacon.
- Force Grip: A move similar to Force Choke and Crush, the target is seized with great strength, lifted off their feet and suspended in the air by a powerful Force user. If used to a high degree, it can crush an opponent's bones or organs. The main difference from Force Choke is that choke was used to strangle its victim whereas Grip is used to literally grab someone with the Force, lifting them up into the air while either choking or throwing them. The grip is commonly applied to not simply levitate targets, but to exert physical force on a target to simulate physical contact. This allows a user to grasp a specific part of their victim, such as the neck, or, potentially, to exert an equal amount of pressure on the entire body to better restraining and incapacitating them.
- Force Illusion: A very powerful Force ability and a subset of the various mind trick powers. At a base level, the user projects an image into the minds of beings within range, of anything from a pillar of fire to a horde of snarling monsters to a fleet of warships. The user can "see" the illusion as well, though it is only partially there, appearing semi-transparent like a hologram which can be controlled mentally, limited only by the imagination of the user. A Force illusion does not merely affect the sight of a target, since it is projected directly into the brain of the creature, it appears on all of their senses, from hearing to smell to senses such as echolocation. Even viewing it through an electronic system such as a cybernetic eye or camera is of no use if the target is within range of the illusion during its duration.
- Masquerade: A variant of Force Illusion which enables the user to project an image into a person's mind over the user, essentially masking the user's appearance.
- Force in Balance: A Force ability whereby a user heals their wounds by inflicting injury upon enemies. A more advanced application of this technique involves employing it in conjunction with Force suppression to weaken a target's resistance against the Force, ensuring greater potency of the power.
- Force Orb: A Force power which, through the manifestation of the force, an Orb of pure Force energy is created that obstructs the surrounding environment. Under normal circumstances it only works underwater.
- Force Punch: An application of Force push where the user augments their striking strength in the form of a punch or blow in close hand to hand combat.
- Force Repulse: An extremely powerful telekinetic Force power similar in function to Force Push but on a far larger scale, Force Repulse is no more or less than a gigantic telekinetic explosion. The user concentrates on the Force and violently pushes it outwards, creating rapidly-expanding kinetic ripples in space, flinging nearby objects away at high velocity.
- Force Scattering: A power that allowed a Force user to imprint their presence in the Force across a specific area, making it very difficult for another to discern their exact location.
- Force Shockwave: A Force power that allows a Force-user to emit a powerful destructive ring of energy, damaging or destroying anything in its radius.
- Force Stasis: An ability of the Force used to forcibly restrain and immobilize people or to halt objects headed in a Force-user's direction, such as blaster bolts.
- Force Subjugate: A Force power that enables the user to inflict damage upon the mind and psyche of an opponent. Some methods of this technique allowed the transference of a user's Force energy, or the drainage of other Force users. Some used this power to calm, enrage, and direct the attacks of creatures with a low amount of will power.
- Force Suppression: A mind-affecting Force power that allows a Force-sensitive to harness the Force in order to convince others that they had been cut off from the Force itself. As such, it serves both to diminish an enemy's Force resistance and to negate a vast range of Force abilities.
- Force Breach: An advanced application of Force Suppression that deals catastrophic damage against targets by rupturing their shatterpoints.
- Force Throw: A telekinetic ability of the Force which causes objects, and even people, to be hurled toward a target at an astounding velocity. A skilled Force user can throw multiple, large objects simultaneously at great speed.
- Force Wave: One of the most powerful forms of Force Push, Force Wave is essentially a wave of pure Force energy that pulses out from the Force user that utilized it which knocks back anything within the power's blast radius.
- Force Weapon: A Force ability that allows the user to imbue an unpowered weapon with the Force for a period of time. By channeling energy into the weapon, it allows the wielder to strike and do more damage than the weapon's simple appearance would suggest. As a useful side effect, a Force-imbued weapon can be used to block lightsabers without damaging the weapon.
- Force Whirlwind: A more advanced form of Force Push, this technique allows the user to alter the air currents around an opponent, turning it into a maelstrom. This swirling force can lift an opponent into the air, spin them around, and leave them incapable of moving out of it, allowing the user to attack without resistance.
- Inertia: A Force power that allows a Force-user to shift their body's inertia, allowing them to perform otherwise impossible stunts, such as running on walls and ceilings.
- Levitation: A Force power that allows the user to suspend themselves against the force of gravity. Skilled and powerful Force users are able to use this ability to temporarily defy gravity, inertia, friction and other physical forces to enhance their mobility, to the point of gliding.
- Force Flight: A Force power that enables the user to telekinetically move themselves toward a specific destination, taking levitation to an extreme degree. This Force power takes a great deal of concentration to use.
- Neural Storm: A telepathic ability that involves using psychic energy to overload a victim's neural network, causing extreme but momentary disorientation.
- Phase: A Force power that enables the user to pass through solid matter, such as walls and doors.
- Projected Fighting: An application of telekinesis which can be used to harm an opponent without physical contact. The damage inflicted using projected fighting is dependent upon the attacker's physical strength—the power effectively acts to extend their physical body in hand-to-hand combat. The user can also choose to attack with less than full strength in order to stun rather than injure.
- Protection Bubble: A Protection Bubble is a Force power with which the user can create a defensive sphere around their body capable of protecting the user from a wide range of attacks, deflect laser blasts, defend against lightsabers, vacuums and even inflict certain amounts of damage upon contact with the enemy. Protection bubbles can also be used offensively. Should the user surround the attacker in a Protection bubble, it is possible the attacker will become a victim of their own attack, having been trapped within its destructive radius. Due to the extreme concentration needed to sustain the bubble however, the user has to be momentarily immobile in order to enact the bubble, and sometimes, completely stationary in order to sustain it.
- Pyrokinesis: A Force power that allows a Force-user to manipulate and generate fire by rubbing and heating up air molecules together. The power has two major applications; manipulating fire from an outside source and generating fire. In manipulation, a force user is capable of directing and controlling an already existing flame with relative ease. In generation, a force user typically generates fire from an already existing material by manipulating the molecules of combustible objects.
- Saber Barrier: A defensive telekinetic lightsaber combat technique which consists of having lightsabers whirl hovering in a horizontal circle around the saber-wielder, thus creating a defensive yet deadly wall of lightsaber blades.
- Teleportation: A rare Force ability that enables the user to move from one place to another almost instantaneously.
- Waveform: A Force technique used to enhance telekinetic abilities by manipulating the natural wave patterns in nature and the particles of the surrounding environment. Similar in principle to Alter Environment, it is applied to a much more personal scale, bolstering Force pushes and other telekinetic skills.
- Consume Essence: A Force power that allows a dark side Force-user to feed on the fear, hatred, or other negative emotions of others to make himself more powerful. It does not matter why the others were filled with dark emotions; the feelings alone suffice.
- Eternal Hatred: A Force power that allows the user to use the dark side of the Force to focus their anger to survive injures that would normally kill them.
- Force Clouding: A cloaking technique employed by the Sith to conceal their true nature from the Jedi and other users of the Force. The individual pulls their dark powers into themselves and adopt a mask of insignificance. This projected illusion enable a Sith to hide in plain sight whenever they would go out in public.
- Force Rage: Force Rage is a dark side Force ability in which the Force-user taps into their innermost fears, pain and hate, and convert them into an intense rage. The user could then channel the anger to increase his/her own speed, strength and ferocity.
- Darksight: A Force ability used to foresee various possible futures and then use that knowledge to manipulate certain events in order to achieve their desired outcome.
- Drain Knowledge: Drain Knowledge is a dark side ability used to extract knowledge out of a sentient without his or her consent. Beyond simple reading of thoughts, the Drain Knowledge ability disrupts the Force to steal deep memories and information in a violent and merciless way, potentially leaving the subject psychologically damaged as a result.
- Bleeding: Bleeding is the process that a Dark Side Adept used the Force to bend a kyber crystal to their will. Any kyber crystal could be bled, including their own if they were a former light side practitioner and kept their lightsaber. This process was accomplished by the individual pouring rage, hate, and pain into the crystal via the Force until the crystal turned crimson, resulting in the bloodshine lightsabers associated almost exclusively with dark side adepts. Some Sith believed that the proper method was to take a kyber crystal or crystals from a Jedi's lightsaber and bleed it.
- Corruption: A Force power employed by users of the dark side of the Force that allows a user to hurl a bolt of pure dark side energy.
- Create Force Wraith: A Force power which allows Force-users to create Force Wraiths, shadowy creatures that obey their creators every command. The creatures radiate pure evil, giving off emanations of cold and death to those who can sense such things, as if they were a walking dark side nexus. Force Wraiths can be ordered to perform specific tasks, as well as being able to be controlled by their creators, providing extensions of their creator's senses wherever they went. However, because of the nature of this power, creating a being of dark side energies, the user is seduced more and more by the dark side each time they used it.
- Crush Opposition: A Dark side Force power that saps the willpower of everyone around the user.
- Dark Aura: A dark side Force power in which the user charges the air around them with malicious Force energy, damaging those around him and slowing their movements.
- Darkshear: Also known as the Spear of Midnight Black, this dark side Force power enables the Force-user to summon energy from the Force to forge an impercievable melee weapon in the form of a spear.
- Deadly Sight: A power of the dark side of the Force that focuses the user's hatred into deadly energy. Darksiders can inflict pain and injury upon their foes merely by looking at them, causing victims' bodies to burn and smoke as they died, eventually causing them to dissolve completely. The user of Deadly Sight can damage entire groups of foes within their field of vision.
- Electronic Manipulation: A dark side Force power that allows the user to manipulate the electrical components of a computing device. This is done by channeling anger into the device, allowing them to reprogram it to a varying extent. Applicators of this technique are able to restore altered variations of original programming to the device, not rewrite it entirely.
- Force Choke: The Force Choke, sometimes known as the Force grip, is a dark side Force power where one uses the the Force to choke or strangle a victim, oftentimes with a grip-like gesture. Some who use the ability demonstrate being able to lift their victim off the ground, holding the victim up by their necks. The technique can also be aimed to break the neck of a victim, either by twisting, bending or crushing it.
- Force Destruction: A dark side Force power that allows the user to create a massive energy field and throw it in any direction. When used, a massive amount of energy is stored up within the user, drawn from the dark side of the Force, and with incredible concentration, the energy can be discharged using the user's own body as a conduit. Usually fired through the arm or hand, it could blast a large radius vaporizing anyone who got too close to it. Even those who escaped direct contact with the blast will be pushed asunder by the power's backlash. Using Force Destruction is a very exhausting power requiring a great deal of focus and concentration and can only be used a few times without requiring the user to rest.
- Force Drain: Force drain refers to a spectrum of offensive and defensive Force powers, tied to the same concept, which use the dark side of the Force to tap into the strengths of an organic target. Mastery of each technique could scale the area of effect, sometimes dramatically, or exhaust the victims almost instantaneously.
- Drain Life: An application of Force Drain that siphons the target's vitality to restore the user's.
- Dark Healing: An application of Force Drain that drains life energy from the target to heal the user.
- Drain Force: An application of Force Drain that offensively drains the Force energy from those the power is used on to rekindled Force energy in the user.
- Deadly Field: An application of Force Drain that creates a spherical field of pure dark side energy around the user that instantly withers away anyone unlucky enough to be caught within its radius.
- Force Diminish: An application of Force Drain that enables the user to cause damage to an opponent's health and vitality. With enough concentration, the user is able to weaken an opponents body and mind to the point of death.
- Force Fear: Force fear is a dark-side Force power with which the wielder strikes directly at the deepest parts of the target's mind, forcing them to see their worst fears. Through pure force of will alone, a user can cause them to lose their courage completely, and if left undefended, the effects can be severe, rapidly demoralizing the enemy with a feeling of hopelessness and regret. Depending on the victim, it can cause them to either cower defenselessly or flee from their opponent outright.
- Force Horror: A more advanced application of Force Fear, Fore Horror enables the Force user to cause multiple enemies to enter into a catatonic state of panic that was more severe and more difficult to defend than the basic Force fear.
- Force Insanity: A more advanced application of Force Fear that enables the Force user to affect multiple enemies at once, although to an even greater range than its predecessor. As the most advanced form of Force fear, its effect was much more devastating, with the victims descending into an utter state of frenzied madness and deranged mania.
- Force Kill: A Force power used to telekinetically destroy the victim's organs, often by crushing the heart or freezing the lungs.
- Force Lightning: Force lightning is an offensive Force technique that channels Force energy down the user's limbs, hurling arcing bolts of electricity from the wielder's fingertips or palms.
- Force Shock: A Force power that allowed the user to create an energy spark that would track and damage the nearest enemy. The shock can be thrown at an opponent to stun and injure them, or could be set loose to track an opponent until it dissipates. The shock does not last more than five seconds or so before disappearing into a tiny burst of heat.
- Force Storm: A Force lightning variant. The user raises their palm upward to create, through the Force, an explosion of electrical energy directed at all foes in the vicinity. It also appears as a tornado of energy which can create a great disturbance in the Force. Unlike Force lightning, Force storm is not limited to attacking enemies in one direction, as it affects all foes within a certain radius from the user.
- Force Tempest: A Force Lightning variant in which the user projects Force lightning from all of their limbs in a whirlwind that encircled their body.
- Chain Lightning: A variation of Force lightning with the difference being that the lightning is able to strike one person and then move to another or several others. As it was more powerful than the standard lightning, it requires a greater amount of discipline and concentration to project and sustain the stream of lightning.
- Sith Barrage: A variant of Force lightning that allows users to create a bolt of lightning up from the ground damaging anything in its way.
- Lightning Shield: A variation of Force lightning in which a shield of lightning covers and protects the user. Its effects can extend beyond the immediate space near the user, and can shock enemies in the area. It can lower damage taken by the user, and can also enhance the lightsaber damage the user dealt out. It was not the most powerful form of Force lightning, however; it still takes mastery in the art of Force lightning and high concentration to use Lightning Shield. It can even redirect Force lightning back at another user of Force lightning.
- Lightning Grenade: A Force lightning variation in which the user grips an opponent or object with the Force and lifts them up into the air. While the victim is suspended the user blasts them with a brief burst of lightning. The practitioner then either dropped the victim or slams them into an object, causing the lightning coursing within them to explode.
- Lightning Bomb: A powerful variation of Force lightning in which the Force user blasts an opponent with lightning, and then, using the Force, causes the lightning to amplify within the victim's body until it reached a critical point and exploded out of the victim. The explosion would also shock and kill anyone unlucky enough to be standing near the victim when the explosion occurred.
- Sith Seeker: A very uncontrollable combination of Force Lightning and Force Push, the Force user blasts the target with Force push, sending an object through the air. The user then generates a large ball of Force lightning and allows it to expand freely until it is no longer under their control. They then blast the Force lightning ball after the target which explodes on impact with an opponent or object.
- Lightning Burst: A variant of Force lightning where the user would have lightning arc out from their body to strike adjacent enemies.
- Kinetite: A variation on the Force lightning ability that involves molding Force energized lightning into a sphere of restrained kinetic energy which could be thrown at an enemy. Instead of burning or electrocuting its target like most forms of Force lightning, it acts as a solid projectile.
- Lightning Storm: A variation of Force Lightning that fills the air with crackling electricity, though it is less powerful than more focused Force lightning attacks.
- Force Malestrom: Also known as Force Bombard, this technique is a devastating combination of Protection bubble, Telekinesis, and Force lightning. First, the user would form a Force Bubble around their body, concealing and protecting them inside. Then, any loose objects/persons around the user would swirl around the bubble, through telekinesis. Finally, the user would devastate the objects by blasting them away, in a surge of Force lightning.
- Force Phantoms: The product of an elaborate Sith ritual that allows a darksider to create lifelike apparitions from the siphoned Force energy of another life form and project them across the expanse of the cosmos. An ability that required considerable mental reserve and strength of will, Force phantoms manifest in the physical realm and serve whatever inclinations that their creator desires. From espionage to harassment of the enemy and even simple communication, Force phantoms are a practical means to a variety of ends. Conjurers frequently appear as themselves, with full access to their breadth of Force abilities and lightsaber skill and fully capable of inflicting harm. Darksiders commonly attack their foes by projecting multiple simultaneous phantoms, forcing the quarry to divide their attention while also defending themselves, or even as the target's loved ones.
- Force Rend: A Force ability that enables a Force user to telekinetically lift and violently contort another individual.
- Force Scream: An involuntary Force exertion manifested by those whose alignment was with the dark side of the Force. It is a scream, of strong frustration, rage, or grief, emitted through the Force that triggers shock waves that ripple through the Force. This causes devastation to any that are unfortunate enough to be in proximity.
- Force Sphere: A force Technique which creates a sphere of red energy that can both harm opponents and deflect blaster fire.
- Force Storm: A volatile dark side Force power capable of creating hyperspace wormholes that are able to displace objects across vast distances and tear apart the surfaces of entire planets. One of the most powerful known Force abilities in existence, Force storm is capable of violently destroying the fabric of the space-time continuum by opening dimension-altering rifts in the universe. The power allows a Force-user to generate unique hyperspace wormholes anywhere from less than one hundred meters to over one kilometer in diameter. If used in conjunction with certain Sith artifacts, these wormholes can send a being forward in time.
- Force Shadow: A Force shadow is a mental projection of the user that can be cast across vast distances and allows the user to see through the shadow's eyes.
- Force Slow: A dark side Force power used by Sith and Dark Jedi which clouds the target's mind, causing them to slow down both mentally and physically.
- Force Affliction: A variant of Force Slow which works much like a fast-acting poison, quickly debilitating the target. The effects of affliction worsen over time and may cause death if the user is strong enough in the Force.
- Force Plague: A more powerful version of Force Affliction which both works much faster and has far more debilitating effects on the target.
- Force Travel: A Force power which allows a user to travel great distances instantly by creating a momentary rift in space. This power caused the user to be corrupted by the dark side, as it broke the normal rules of the galaxy by ripping the Force asunder. The technique became more corrupting to use depending both on how far away the target was, as well as how familiar the Force-user was with the location.
- Force Wound: A power that allows a Force user to telekinetically apply pressure to their opponent's organs or body. If not resisted, it could crush the victim's heart or lungs.
- Hatred: An involuntary exertion of Force power tied to deep feelings of hate that allow a Force-user to fully embrace the dark side, letting their hate radiate from their body in palpable waves.
- Heart Stun: A technique that, when implemented properly, halts the target's heartbeat, allowing the organ to maintain a type of stasis and allowing for a Sith to capture a target without having to engage them in battle.
- Inflict Pain: A dark side Force power that allows the user to remotely force their opponent to experience great, incapacitating agony.
- Injure/Kill: A Force power which allows a Force-sensitive to alter part of an individual's body with the intention of injuring or killing them, but the individual has to be touching their intended target.
- Malicious Fury: A dark side Force power that allows its user to sap the will of a nearby target, growing more powerful in the process.
- Mechu-Deru: A dark side Force power that bestows an intuitive understanding of mechanical systems upon the user. Through mechu-deru, mechanical structures can be bound to the will of the user and imbued with the power of the Force itself. The dark side power of mechu-deru also enabled the creation of machine-organic Sithspawn mutants called technobeasts.
- Mind Control: Also known as dominate mind, mind control is the dark-side equivalent of the Jedi mind trick, though mind control is much more invasive. It takes complete control of the mind(s) of the victim(s) affected by the power. Higher levels of mastery allow more people to be controlled.
- Mind Shard: A Force power that allows a Force-user to mentally splinter an opponent's mind, wracking the victim with pain.
- Summon Storm: A Force power that presumably combines Force Whirlwind and Force lightning to create something akin to a dry tropical storm. This power telekinetically manipulates the nearby atmospheric conditions to whip the weather around the user into a frenzy. A skilled user can create storm conditions in areas up to several kilometers in diameter, lasting for hours at a time.
- Taint: A Force power that allows a Force-user to taint an object or person so they would radiate the dark side to any Force-sensitives. If the being was neither of the dark side or light side, and they came into contact with the object, then it would cause them to suffer a stun effect.
- Transfer Essence: A radical dark side Force power used to transfer a person's consciousness into a suitable receptacle, usually another living body. If the invading consciousness was powerful enough, it could override and expel the mind of the target body.
- Sith Magic: Sith magic, also known as Sith sorcery, is an arcane expression of Force ability first developed and practiced by the original Sith species through which they manipulated the power of the dark side. Sith magic, while as much a part of the dark side as endowments like Force lightning, is accessible only to those Force-sensitives who possessed an intrinsic relationship with the dark side.
- Aura of Uneasiness: An ancient technique conjured through Sith magic that allowed an individual to proceed unabated by projecting a field of vague unease around themselves. While non-sentient creatures were primarily affected, cognizant beings also succumbed to its influence, experiencing feelings of confusion and discomfort when in close proximity to an individual emanating an aura of uneasiness. Force-sensitive experience an expanding sense of darkness, as well as an inability to concentrate on whatever task they were attempting to perform at that moment. The ability is relatively simple to create and control, but its area of effect, although more potent when in close proximity to the point of origin, is restricted to the initiator's line of sight.
- False Light Side Aura: A dark side Force power conjured through Sith magic that covers a darksider's dark side aura with one of light.
- Spell of Concealment: Similar to the Force cloak ability, conjuring a spell of concealment through Sith magic allows the caster to hide or cloak the presence of one or multiple individuals.
- Bolt of Hatred: An ancient Sith technique conjured through magic that allows the user to create a radiant sphere of pure hatred which they could hurl at any target in their direct line of sight.
- Dark Illusion: The Force power of dark illusion gives its user the ability to manipulate Force visions to directly attack a selected target. Dark illusion is summoned through an ancient Sith ritual using both the connection of a Force-bond, one coming from someone with a link to the target, and reciting a Sith incantation in the old Balc language. Compounded with the blood of the bonded and Force lightning, as well as the dark side of the Force, dark illusion could reach its intended victim from across the galaxy. To the intended victim, the illusion would appear to be true events and be unrecognizable as being an illusion. Within the illusions, the person would be able to communicate with fictitious doubles of individuals they knew and be able to perform all abilities they could in reality. They would also be susceptible to pain and suffering within the illusions. The individual could also be killed within the illusion and as a result die in reality.
- Dark Energy Trap: A dark side Force power that appears as faint shimmers of purple in the air and, under the Sith practitioner's spell, can immobilize even a skilled Force-sensitive being for a time, or entrap a being who was unskilled indeterminately should the user choose.
- Dark Side Tendrils: Pure manifestations of malevolent Force energy summoned through Sith magic, these tendrils take the form of serpentine tentacles which swarm their victim and attack with the power of the pure dark side. Exceptionally powerful and difficult to conjure, this Force power requires complete mental concentration. When conjured by a seasoned Sith sorcerer, dark side tendrils can instantly annihilate any kind of matter they get in contact with, as well as subject the individual injured to the full scope of the void of the dark side.
- Dwomutsiqsa: Dwomutsiqsa, meaning "Summon Demon" in Sith, is an ancient Sith incantation that summons a manifestation of the dark side known as the Smoke Demon. A Smoke Demon is an insubstantial manifestation of the dark side of the Force that assumes the form of its victim's worst fear upon being summoned by a dark-sider. The creatures can absorb their victim's body by flowing into it and vaporizing it, entrapping within them the victim's soul, which would be released upon the Demon's destruction.
- Enhance Force Sensitivity: A very powerful act in which a Force-sensitive gives a lesser Force-sensitive a boost in power through use of a ritual ceremony that could take place in any location. This ritual empowers the recipient with the Dark side of the Force, greatly increasing their existing powers, and creating a disturbance that could be felt around the galaxy.
- Fiery Energy: A dark side power manifesting initially as fire that can serve as both a weapon and a tool in order to bind and draw someone closer.
- Force Walk: An ancient Sith ritual used to bind restless Force ghosts to the living in order to utilize their strength. Requiring great strength of will, a Sith can bind the restless ghosts of dead Sith to himself. Once bound, the user may draw from the ghost's power, channeling it into a powerful exertion of Force energy. Binding an unwilling ghost allows the user to draw more power while taking a willing one does the opposite. However, binding too many ghosts can quickly overwhelm the host, inflicting physical and spiritual sickness and lead to violent expressions of Force power beyond the Sith's control.
- Force Blast: A Force power that when conjured projects concentrated blasts of pure dark side energy at objects or opponents.
- Mindform: A variant of Force Illusion performed through the use of Sith Magic which involves conjuring visible, lifelike astral projections of whatever the conjurer desires through the use of Sith magic. The illusions distorts all of an individual's sensory perceptions, and only through concentration on the Force is an individual able to perceive them as being false.
- Force Net: A Force power that summons dark side strands of energy that wrap around the target and ensnare it in an unbreakable mesh. The lattice of dark energy then effectively severs the connection between the Force and the trapped target, regardless of Force affiliation, and continuously saps the target's strength. After this, the energy lines proceed to slice through anything they touched. The net can be maintained indefinitely.
- Invoke Spirits: A dark side Force power conjured through Sith magic that summons the spirit of a deceased darksider to augment the requesting Sith magician with the deceased's power. Users of this ability fully surrender themselves to the dark side of the Force and summon a particular spirit. The caster then would request to be endowed with the power of the spirit, becoming filled with a palpable hatred that overwhelmed anyone in close proximity. The potency of these rituals can be amplified should the user be in the vicinity of the physical remains of the spirit whose power was solicited.
- Corpse Vision: A dark side Force power similar to Invoke Spirits that summons the spirits of deceased Dark Lords while playing upon the Force sense of Force-sensitives to produce mind-tricking visions. Under the Sith practitioner's spell, the corpses metamorphise into images from the Force-sensitive's past that whisper twisted, potentially damaging messages to the recipient.
- Memory Rub: A Force technique that allows an individual to use the Force to alter or erase both the memories and/or learned skills of another.
- Memory Walk: Memory Walk, also known as Torture by Chagrin, is a dark side Force ability that consists of reaching into the victim's mind, forcing them to relive all the worst memories of their life, ranging from slight embarrassments to the most painful, over and over to the point where it is able to cause physical pain.
- Reanimated Dead: Also known as Tsaiwinokka Hoyakut, this technique is a complex spell that can be used to create undead, awakening the freshly-dead and skeletons, transforming them into an unstoppable legion impervious to pain and capable of transmitting a necromantic infection through biting.
- Summon Fear: A dark side Force power that causes the victim to experience their worst fears to the point of hysteria. It is a very powerful ability, and the duration and intensity varying depending on the caster. This spell is called upon when the caster moves their fingers in an intricate pattern, focusing the Force in a particular way, taking seconds to produce effects. The victim's deepest and most primal fears are brought to life, often taking the form of demons or monsters that relentlessly torment the victim. The longer the spell is held, the more realistic and terrifying the illusions became. To an outside viewer, the victim may seem to suddenly seize and go insane. Depending on the spell's length, the effects can range greatly. Short durations can result in the victim waking up with only a small recollection of what happened. Longer applications can cause one's physical form to seize itself into unconsciousness, while the mind was virtually destroyed. The body remained effectively comatose, while whatever lasting consciousness was tortured for all eternity. Spells even longer endured could very well result in the victim's death.
- Supernova: A dark side ability that allows the conjurer to purge the core from a star, thereby causing a stellar explosion and using the core as a powerful projectile.
- Suppress Thought: Also known as Qâzoi Kyantuska, this ability makes the wielder effectively able to control and influence the minds of anyone they chose. Employers of this technique are capable of using the Force to telepathically dominate a single mind, or a multitude of individuals simultaneously. Contrary to many Force abilities, there are no incantations or gestures required, as the user must simply be in the presence of their victims. The affected are then placed into a trance, hypnotically paralyzed and unable to control their own faculties. Should the conjurer choose, the victim could end their own life, usually against their own will. If the caster is in direct physical contact with an individual, they can tap directly into the individual's mind, and force them into whatever action they so desired.
- Waves of Darkness: A dark side Force power conjured through Sith magic that created palpable waves of darkness—often visibly literal in their obscurity and accompanied by roaring, thunderous sounds. When exposed to waves of darkness, beings suffered from feelings of intense despair and confusion, before feeling compelled, if detained under the spell's power long enough, to flee the scene of the disturbance. Using ancient Sith magic to summon waves of darkness required a sorcerer to call upon the full scope of negative emotions that lingered in the center of their being. Fueled by the power of the Force, conjurers spewed forth their emotions in tides of dark side energy that rapidly expanded in a spherical aura around them. Anyone caught in the vicinity will immediately begin to suffer also from feelings of intense horror, pain, and bewilderment. Victims are often tormented by whispers of the dark side that leave them in a state of utter hopelessness, and prolonged exposure will rob them of the will to fight. Dark-side waves caused Jedi and other users of the light to feel stifled, as though their connection to the Force is being smothered.
- Sith Alchemy: Sith Alchemy is a science that refers to any power or technique which used the Dark side of the Force to permanently alter an item or living being. Sith alchemy is primarily used to enhance the strength of weapons and armor (such as the famous Sith swords), or to genetically engineer and enhance alien species, making them more dangerous and easier to control by the Sith Lords. It is also capable of waking the dead in servitude to the Sith, as well as creating lethal toxins and poisons.
- Sith Swords: Unique swords constructed through various metallurgical and arcane means, transmuting base metals into an alchemical alloy possessing an unusual affinity for dark side energies. These alchemical alterations allow it to block incoming lightsaber attacks, as well as deflect and redirect blaster bolts in much the same way a lightsaber does. It is also possible to alter the weapon's molecular structure, making it stronger and sharper, and reverse its magnetic polarity, turning it into a high-temperature superconductor that can deflect blaster bolts and other particle weapons as if magnetically sealed. Most significantly though the weapon's ability to serve as a focus for the dark energies of its wielder, amplifying their power and refining their control until they became a walking nexus of dark side power.
- Sith Poison: Sith poison is a biological toxin produced by Sith Alchemy that, when absorbed in sufficient quantity, multiplies the rage felt by a person. When ingested or injected it behaves more like a disease, taking up residence in the victim's body and being absorbed on the molecular level, setting off chemical reactions that rapidly diminish the victim's ability to resist the pull of the dark side of the Force while feeding on the individual's anger and drawing them closer to it. The individual's judgment quickly becomes less rational, and they eventually become so enraged that they begin to lash out involuntarily with the dark side. The poison can be fatal unless counteracted by strong Jedi powers, and even then its effects were likely to remain.
- Mask: A little-known special application of Sith alchemy that allows an alchemist to literally reshape an individual's appearance, altering the subject at the molecular level. Very little is beyond this technique, limited only by the craftsmanship of the user. Features, age, disfigurations, even species could be concealed with Mask (though the latter would require an incredible amount of skill to accomplish convincingly). Owing to its molecular nature, the technique lasts until altered, and even a thorough medical examination would not reveal anything out of place, unlike the tell-tale scars of surgical alterations. As it was a product of the dark side of the Force, it is susceptible to powerful blasts of dark side energy. If the subject was not careful, the Mask would literally melt away, making further attempts at concealment (even with the Mask) difficult.
- Mechu-Deru Vitae: A dark side power derived the power from mechu-deru along with Sith alchemy that allows the user to create Sithspawn called technobeasts. With this technique it is possible to create a technovirus capable of converting the flesh of living beings into metallic parts, eventually transforming them into technobeasts.
- Midi-Chlorian Manipulation: A form of Sith alchemy that allows the user to create, maintain, or save life through the influencing of midi-chlorians to a certain degree. Palpatine told Anakin Skywalker that Plagueis used this power to save the ones he loved from dying.
Note: The Sith Lords Respect Thread: Information on various Sith Lords' powers, abilities, feats, and backgrounds as well as on the Force itself. Also has apparently mastered nearly every force power and creates new ones for fun.
Key: Disney Canon | Legends/EU | Dark Empire
Disney Canon Respect Threads
- http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/rots-palpatine-darth-sidious-respect-thread/101088/ - Has both Disney and Legends.
- http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/rotj-palpatine-darth-sidious-respect-thread/101094/ - Has both Disney and Legends.
Legends/EU Respect Threads
- https://comicvine.gamespot.com/star-wars-universe/4015-57038/forums/darth-sidioussheev-palpatine-super-respect-thread-1877280/ - Ultimate Respect Thread
- http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/rots-palpatine-darth-sidious-respect-thread/101088/ - Has both Disney and Legends.
- http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/rotj-palpatine-darth-sidious-respect-thread/101094/ - Has both Disney and Legends.