This devastating creature is a swift four legged alien with terrifying melee capabilities. These units travel in three’s and are designed to spread fear into the opponent and to cause chaos. This is done by infecting its enemies to help produce more Chryssalids.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Possibly 9-B | 9-B | Unknown
Classification: Terror Unit, Alien, Insect
Attack Potency: Possibly Wall level | Wall level | Unknown
Speed: At least Superhuman travel speed with Hypersonic reactions | Likely Superhuman travel speed with Hypersonic reactions
Lifting Strength: Superhuman (Can pick up a Colonel soldier in Titan armor) | Superhuman (Can pick up a Colonel soldier in a W.A.R suit)
Striking Strength: Wall Class
Durability: Small Building level | Small Building level | Building level
Range: Melee Range
Standard Equipment: Poisonous Claws | Poisonous Claws, Armor
Intelligence: Smart (Attacks weaker foes first to help reproduce itself and overwhelm the enemy with numbers [this is done by attacking civilians or if none are available, attack units who are isolated/weak])
Weaknesses: Enemies who have close quarters weapons (shotguns, flamethrowers etc.), can’t take cover, can’t attack flying units, can’t infect non-organic units.
Feats: Immunity to poisons, can leap several stories high, extremely difficult to mind control, if a Chryssalid is mind controlled the spawn created by said Chryssalid isn’t
- Leap: Allows this unit to easily reach buildings/floors that are several stories high to reach targets.
- Implant: Implants an egg into the organic target when finishing of a target with a melee attack which produces a zombie.
- Poisonous Claws: Does damage to target and applies a poisonous DOT effect that decreases the targets aim and creates a zombie which then births a Chryssalid resulting in the zombie expiring.
- Chryssalid Slash: Does damage to target and applies a poisonous DOT effect.
- Burrow: Burrows underground out of sight, automatically re-emerges and attacks if hostile target gets too close.
- UnBurrow: Re-emerges to the surface.
- Chryssalid Poison: A DOT effect that produces a Chryssalid Cocoon if the enemy dies while still poisoned.
Key: XCOM EU/EW | XCOM 2 | Chryssalid Cocoon
Note: For a target to spawn a zombie it must die by the poison effect or be finished off by a melee attack. This is the same in XCOM 2 but produces a cocoon that spawns three Chryssalids after a certain amount of time (unless destroyed). Larger organic targets like a whale, spawn an unlimited amount of Chryssalids rapidly (although this is mainly down to game mechanics). Chyrssalids have armor that is about 4x stronger than Carbon Nanotube Weaving.