|“||You cannot so much as scratch me while I'm inside this place. For those who call me a witch, I'll hand them befitting punishments.||„|
|~ Caster exchanging banter with Archer|
Her True Name is Medea, a princess tragically labeled as a witch. The daughter of King Colchis, she was made to fall in love with the hero Jason by Aphrodite, and she betrayed her father for him and supported him on his journeys. However, she was ultimately abandoned by her lover, and the actions she took afterward are what cemented her reputation as a witch, murdering Jason's new bride and family before disappearing.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-B physically, 6-C via Magecraft
Name: Caster, Medea, the Witch of Betrayal, Magus from the Age of the Gods, Witch of Colchis
Origin: Fate/stay night
Classification: Caster-class Servant, Magus of the Age of Gods
Powers and Abilities:
Servant Physiology, Preparation (Most casters rely on preparation to some degree. Can create a "Temple", a superior territory to a Workshop), Dagger Mastery (Despite being inept in hand-to-hand combat, she has still shown proficiency in wielding Rule Breaker as a melee weapon), Magecraft (As one of the strongest caster-class servants, Medea can use a variety of magecrafts on the level of True Magic. Medea's spells are powerful enough to work on servants with high-ranked Magic Resistance, and a single shot from her rain of light would have been able to kill Archer, despite the A-Rank Magic Resistance he had while wielding Kanshou and Bakuya), Can cast spells using high-speed Divine Words, Light Manipulation, Energy Projection, and Danmaku (Rain of Light is her main method of attacking, and she can fire them off wordlessly with intensity and quantity similar to rain. Can also create a variety of different energy projectiles, such as smaller bullets and large orbs that chase the opponent down), Forcefield Creation and Conceptual Manipulation (With Argos, can create barriers that are as powerful as Berserker's skin. Argos is also stated to use the "Concept of a Shield"), Flight (Her standard tactics involve flying at high altitudes to launch attacks at enemies down below), Fire Manipulation (Can create plumes of fire. Immolated Atrum Galliasta and burned down his workshop), Ice Manipulation (Can manipulate ice and summon it down on enemies), Poison Manipulation (Can create a poll and jet of poison), Telekinesis (Lifted some bodies into the air), Electricity Manipulation (Can call down lightning from the skies), Air Manipulation, Disease Manipulation (Created a plume of air with a simple gesture. Can control Plague Winds with Aero), Water Manipulation (Flooded her bounded field and created Dragon Tooth Warriors out of puddles of water), Density Manipulation (Manipulated the density of air to trap Saber in a membrane of it), Darkness Manipulation and Invisibility (Can coat herself in magical energy to become a shadow and hide her presence, attempting to use this to escape from Gilgamesh), Thread Manipulation, Body Puppetry (Can create threads of mana that force the affected to move according to how she wishes, preventing them from even screaming), Mind Manipulation (Can control and hypnotize others, as well as implant commands in them that activate upon certain conditions being met), Absorption (Can absorb magical energy directly from the ground, humans, and air. Directly absorbed the energy from Rin's jewel magic into her robe), Transmutation, Size Manipulation, Sealing (Can perform divine punishment, such as turning people into pigs or trapping them into tiny worlds), Animal Manipulation, Information Analysis, Clairvoyance (Can spy on people using a Crystal Ball. Can use remote location spellls), Teleportation, limited Dimensional Travel and Higher-Dimensional Manipulation (Can perform true teleportation with Trofa, which sends the affected through several other dimensions before putting them back on the third one), BFR (Can send people away by teleporting them with Enforced Transference, pulling them out of the third dimension) Illusion Creation, Sense Manipulation (Created a detailed illusion that trapped Atrum Galliasta, altering his senses to make him not realize that he was being actively immolated), Healing (A much greater mage than her Lily self, who could heal people exceptionally well. Can heal herself using Argon Coin), Statistics Amplification (Can use Reinforcement magecraft to increase the properties of objects, such as the nourishment of food and the sharpness of a blade. Caster herself can amplify normal humans to the level of servants), Summoning (Can summon a seemingly endless amount of Dragon Tooth Warriors that possess Weapon Mastery, Immortality (Type 7), Elemental Intangibility, Underground Mobility, Large Size (Type 0 to 1), and Inorganic Physiology [Type 2], as well as summon giant weaponized pancakes, meteors, lightning, and blizzards. Can summon demons with potentially Higher-Dimensional Existence, as other demons do, as well as a Demon God Pillar), Paralysis Inducement (Can create magic circles that stun and bind people that get near them), Spatial Manipulation (Can freeze space with Atlas, which she used to freeze Archer in space past his magic resistance), Curse Manipulation (Can inflict a curse that restricts movement in Unlimited Codes), Power Nullification and Law Manipulation (Can negate magic with the Rule Breaker, including magical contracts such as those between a master and a servant), Supernatural Luck, Minor Fate Manipulation (Servants with B-rank Luck or higher can change their own fates to evade inevitable outcomes such as having their hearts destroyed by Gáe Bolg), Resistance to Poison Manipulation (Should have a Poison Resistance skill thanks to being comparable to Medea Lily)
Same as before, but vastly enhanced, Enhanced Summoning (With prep time, Medea could summon a pseudo-servant of her own, and could summon the Colchis Dragon, though she does not have the means to control it once it has been summoned), Forcefield Creation and Pocket Reality Manipulation (Given a lot of time and resources, Caster is capable constructing a "world" that is similar to a Reality Marble. Capable of creating Bounded Fields, parallel pocket worlds that are shut off from the rest of the world and can create a duplication of the locale in which she creates the field), Weather Manipulation (Summoned a storm inside her Bounded Field)), Matter Manipulation (Can turn magical energy into matter and forge them into items, including Supernatural Luck Charms and Potions of Immortality), Transmutation (Turned Shirou's body into a wand in a bad end), Vastly enhanced Mind Manipulation (Destroyed Shirou's Mind in the "Hazy" ending), Poison Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Fragrance Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation, Soul Manipulation (She could develop an Incense, a gaseous poison that "Destroys love", leaves people impotent, and makes them comatose, and used this to steal souls during the UBW route), enhanced Absorption (Can absorb souls directly, when given preparation), Statistics Reduction (Can create bounded fields that reduce the stats of servants and their Noble Phantasms), Power Nullification (Can create anti-sorcery Bounded Fields)
Attack Potency: Wall level physically (As a magus and a Caster-class Servant, Medea is not physically inclined cannot fight directly against the other Servants. However, even the weakest Servants can crush human skulls like eggshells), Island level with Magecraft (Can casually match one of Rin's gem with a single spell and easily nullified three of Rin's jewels, which contained enough magical energy to completely destroy Ryuudou Temple and the Fuyuki Church. Took a few lives off of Berserker, and can potentially bypass Saber's A-rank Magic Resistance with her most potent spells. Her Prisma Illya counterpart, though significantly weaker, was going to completely destroy a replication of Fuyuki City had she not been stopped)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic (Can dodge attacks from Saber and Archer and keep up with them in combat to some extent. Managed to finish a spell off before Saber reached her master)
Lifting Strength: Class 5 (Even possessing only an E Strength Parameter should make her comparable to Anastasia, who could lift and carry Ivan overhead)
Striking Strength: Wall Class (Caster is not physically inclined and was overpowered by Rin Tohsaka while the latter was using Reinforcement. Nevertheless, even the weakest Servants can crush human skulls like eggshells with their fingertips. Can easily cut off Shirou's arm with Rule Breaker)
Durability: Wall level (Comparable to her Striking Class. Was nearly killed by Rin in close combat), at least Island level with Reinforcement (Survived a glancing hit from Caladbolg II, albeit with serious injuries), higher with Barriers (Can create barriers as durable as Berserker's skin)
Stamina: High (Normal servants can fight for over a day so long as they're provided with mana, and Caster in particular is able to remain in the world for two days without a mana source, despite not possessing the Independent Action skill), higher with preparation (She is capable of firing off hundreds of Rains of Light at the same time, enough to wipe out Fuyuki on its own, and spamming her attack without tiring in the slightest)
Range: Melee Range with Rule Breaker, Several Hundred Meters to Kilometers with Magecraft (Her strings and magic can cross the entirety of Fuyuki, and a much weaker version of herself was capable of destroying all of it with a single volley of rains of light). Cross-Dimensional with Trofa (Her teleportation is described as pulling people out of the third dimension and through multiple other dimensions, before dropping them back in their original dimension)
Standard Equipment: A staff that directs her mana, her cloak, Rule Breaker
- Can Create/Summon: A multitude of powerful Mystic Codes, artificial Noble Phantasms, various types of potions including those that bestow immortality, artificial Command Seals (Which she used to summon Assassin), and items such as good luck charms
Intelligence: True to her class, Caster is a prodigal magus from the Age of Gods that possesses mastery and power superior to any modern magus, as even the likes of Magicians like Aoko Aozaki would lose to her in a magic duel. Roman claims that her skill is among the top five in the world, which is supported by the fact that she is considered a magus that is infinitely close to being a magician while not being one. As the "Witch of Betrayal," she is also a schemer by nature, forcing her foes into unfair situations to gain an advantage, and fights pragmatically and without restraint. She is also willing to commit horrific atrocities and conduct human experiments to improve her chances of victory, experimenting on or torturing Shirou in various Bad Ends. However, for all of her brilliance and mastery of magecraft, she is a terrible physical combatant. She is prone to bouts of arrogance when she gains the upper hand, such as claiming herself to be stronger than Saber or Berserker, which nearly led to her death in her battle against Archer. She had even allowed Rin to overtake her with Reinforcement-boosted Chinese Martial Arts when she thought of their fight as one merely between two magus.
Weaknesses: Caster is rather arrogant and is notably vulnerable in hand-to-hand combat, though she can still hold her own by using Rule Breaker as a weapon.
Item Construction: A skill which measures one's ability to manufacture magical items. Caster does not use this ability much during the Fifth Holy Grail War. Still, in the side-materials and spin-offs, she can create fantastic magical items such as potions granting limited immortality and unprecedented good luck charms. In the "Artificial Noble Phantasm" bad end, she was able to destroy Shirou's mind and turn his body into a high-end Noble Phantasm for Projection Magecraft, using it to win the Holy Grail War.
Territory Creation: A skill which quantifies one's ability to create a territory advantageous to them as a Magus. Caster's A-Rank in this skill allows her to create a "Temple", a territory that is superior to the "Workshop" used by most Magi. In this space, Caster can absorb magic from the leylines beneath her to provide her with a large mana supply along with the energy she drains from the residents of Fuyuki City. Also, she can replicate certain True Magics common in the Age of Gods, such as teleportation, with ease.
Argon Coin: The Golden Fleece of the winged ram Chrysomallos, that contains the legend "if thrown on the earth, a dragon will appear." Normally a Noble Phantasm, it has instead turned into a skill. When used correctly, it can summon the Colchis Dragon. However, due to Medea lacking the knowledge to summon Phantasmal Beasts, she instead uses it to heal herself.
High-Speed Divine Words: The power to activate Thaumaturgy without using Magic Circuits. The language of the Age of Gods, back when words played a heavy role in spellcasting. It is a power long lost by modern magi. Due to this ability, Caster can launch High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals with a single word when modern magi would require several people working in tandem while chanting for several minutes.
As one who has been trained by Circe, Medea is one of the greatest magi in the history of mankind. Her mastery is so great that the Grand Caster, Solomon, has listed her as among the top 5 in the world's history, placing her far above the likes of Aoko Aozaki, Rin Tohsaka, and many other caster-type servants.
- Rain of Light (Machia Hecatia Graea): Caster's main offensive spell that generates several magic circles that she aims at her targets and shoot rapid volleys of light beams at them. Each one of these beams is on the level of High-Thaumaturgy, having three times Shirou's maximum mana output and can annihilate Servants without a strong Magical Resistance with a direct hit. She normally restrains herself to just over a half dozen bolts at a time to avoid wasting mana, but the end result of her normal attacks resembles the aftermath of a bombing raid. When she has a much larger supply of mana, she can cover the sky in magical circles and demolish large swaths of land in seconds, unleashing powerful magical beams each with an A rank in power packed in them. Also, her strongest version of this spell is implied to be able to annihilate all of Fuyuki City in one use. It can even bypass Saber's Magic Resistance, but this requires a great deal of magical energy and has a significant charging time. Caster has shown the ability to create other variations of this spell, such as large orbs and smaller magical bullets.
- Ατλας (Atlas): Caster locks down the space around a foe, immobilizing them. The primary use of this spell is to leave the target vulnerable to her Rain of Light attack. However, sufficiently high magic resistance and outside intervention can shatter the spell and render it useless. It was, however, still able to briefly freeze Saber despite her immense A-Ranked magic resistance.
- Μαρδοξ (Argos): Caster can create barriers as strong as Berserker's God Hand, which is also described as being the "Concept of a shield".
- Tροψα (Trofa): Caster is capable of long-range teleportation, teleporting herself and Kuzuki across all of Fuyuki City. Within the Ryuudou Temple, she can use this in combat, teleporting to dodge attacks, and has even shown its use of teleporting others away. This is described as pulling the target and herself out of the third dimension and through many others, before placing them back in their original dimension.
- Elemental Magecraft: Caster has shown to be capable of manipulating the major elements without the use of a verbal incantation. She can create plumes of fire and immolate other magi, call down storms of ice, flood entire bridges and create soldiers from water, and perform other, similar attacks. With Αερο (Aero), Caster is capable of creating Plague Winds and freely manipulating air, changing the density of the atmosphere in order to trap the likes of Saber in place and creating waves of sharp, bladed air, and with Κεραινο (Celaeno), she can call down lightning from the heavens.
- Magic Threads: Medea is capable of creating threads made of Magical Energy that reach all across Fuyuki. When these threads connect to a person, Caster has shown to be able to take control of their bodies, even preventing them from screaming by freezing their throats. She was able to use some of these threads to help bind Saber once she had captured her.
- Magic Circle Creation: Caster is capable of creating a myriad of powerful magic circles that perform a variety of effects. She was able to use one to restrain Saber and prevent her from getting off of the circle, and in Fate/Unlimited Codes, she can create magic circles that forcibly bind people in place, trapping them in various positions, or even teleporting them.
- Darkness Manipulation: Caster can coat herself in magical energy to hide her presence. She used this to sneak up on Shirou, and attempted to use this to escape from Gilgamesh, but to no avail.
- Mental Interference: Medea has shown a variety of different ways that she can control others. She is able to cast powerful illusions that interfere with the perceptions of others, such as trapping Atrum Galliasta in a mental labyrinth. She was also able to destroy Shirou's mind in bad ends, and can shut down the senses of others, making Galliasta not realize he was being burnt alive and making Shirou blind. Furthermore, she is capable of hypnotizing others, causing them to fall under her control when certain commands are met, such as controlling Issei when Shirou inquired about caster to him. She was also able to create illusory duplicates of herself and other servants to fight, controlling them remotely and avoiding direct combat herself, though these duplicates are much weaker and lack the abilities of the originals.
- Bounded Fields: Caster is capable of creating bounded fields of various types, barriers that separate two spaces. She can create fields that weaken the statistics of servants that enter and protect against spiritual bodies, as well as an Anti-Sorcery field that diminishes the effects of enemy magecraft. In the Unlimited Blade Works route, she created a bounded field over a bridge that caused severe storms, flooding, and an endless supply of water-based dragon tooth warriors, that reverted all the damage done to the bridge when it faded afterwards.
Magic's principles, divine providence, the principles of the world... All creation... I will send back everything to their origins.
|~ Caster using her Noble Phantasm|