Buster Machine #3 is a superweapon developed during the war with the Space Monsters and designed to destroy the center of the galaxy. Also known as the "Black Hole Bomb", it is a gigantic bomb formed by compressing the planet Jupiter into a relatively tiny space and then triggering a chain reaction to create a black hole. Upon activation, it failed to detonate, forcing Noriko Takaya and Kazumi Amano to enter it in Gunbuster, rip out one of the mecha's power cores, and use it to start the reaction. This resulted in the two being left alone in space and isolated from humanity for 12,000 years.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 4-C, 4-A with Slave Generators
Name: Buster Machine III, Black Hole Bomb
Age: 14 (Construction began in 2034)
Classification: Black Hole Bomb made out from Jupiter and Australia, detonating fuse
Pilot(s): Kazumi Ota
In use by: Earth Imperial Space Force
Dimensions: 869 x 415 km
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Spaceflight, FTL, Forcefield Creation, Immense Gravity via sheer size and compression, Portal Creation, Flight, Subspace Travel, Physics Manipulation, Explosive Physiology/Self-Destruction/Black Hole Creation, Large Size (Type 4), Can absorb ether shockwaves, Can travel forward in time (via time dilation), Inertia Negation
Attack Potency: Star level (It adds an addition of 3.2 × 10^30 kg of mass to the already compressed 30,000th Jupiter), Multi-Solar System level with Slave Generators (Capable of destroying everything in a 10,000 light-year radius, shown to destroy the galactic core and created the supermassive black hole "Tannhauser 1" in its place)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Unknown
Durability: Solar System level (It's shields are rated at 2 x 10^58 GeV, this translates to 2 x 1.6e48 joules)
Stamina: Quite high, still considered operational after numerous waves of billions of Space Monsters
Range: Interstellar (Capable of destroying everything in a 10,000 light-year radius)
Standard Equipment: Slave Generators (3,000 slave units laid over 10,000 light-years)
Intelligence: The intelligence of its operators
Weaknesses: Cannot be used by any other means other than a bomb, after the degeneration process starts it takes 56 minutes for the bomb to go off
Terrain: Space, Subspace
Needed Prerequisite for Use: Thousands of slave units activated, a pilot to move/direct it
Operational Timeframe: Indefinite due to being a black hole
Weaponry: Has no fixed armament
Defensive Systems: AT field barrier
Special Forms: None
Notable Features: Console Panel/Cockpit, 1/30,000th compressed Jupiter, Roche Canceller
- [Power] Once activated it destroyed the galactic core.
- Here is a further zoomed out image of the galaxy after BM3's activation.
- Note how large it is compared to the moon in the mid ground and how fast it is moving relative to the moon.
- It managed to hold against one wave of SM ships ramming into it then self destructing.
- [Hull Durability] It continued to get rammed by Space Monster fleets for the following 12 waves.
- [Survivability] Still considered operational after all this damage (though it did resulted in 2% of its slave units not working which prevented it from activating without outside assistance namely jump starting it with a smaller degeneracy reactor).