|“||In the end... All roads lead back... To Darkness.||„|
Barbatos, also know as Great Dragon or Bat-God, is the ruler of the Dark Multiverse. Once his sole purpose was to destroy the unstable universes created by his master, who crafted universes from the fears and hope of all those of the Multiverse, and return their energies to the World Forge. Barbatos eventually kill his master and corrupted the World Forge.
Later, Barbatos planned to destroy the absorb the regular DC multiverse into his own. He was able to come to Earth at some point, but he was repelled by Hawkman and Hawkgirl at the cost of their lives. When Batman was sent to the dawn of men by Darkseid, Barbatos noticed him and decided to turn him into a portal to enter the regular multiverse.
The Court of Olws manipulated events throughout history in order for Batman to be injected with the five metals needed to create the portal, and after the fifth was injected in the present day, Barbatos was able to transport himself and the Dark Knights to the Earth with the intent of sinking all universes into the nightmarish Dark Multiverse.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 2-A
Name: Barbatos, The Great Dragon, The Dark Horned God, Dark God of Nightmare, The World-Ender, Bat God, The Dragon, The True Father of Batman
Origin: DC Comics
Age: Unknown, Barbatos is apparently as old as the universe
Classification: Dark god, Lord of nightmare, Dragon of the Forge, Cosmic dragon
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Reality Warping (Barbatos can alter reality, create entire worlds and can handpick baby universes), Telepathy, Mind Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Corruption (Types 2 and 3; corrupted and mutated Hawkman into his "dragon"), Darkness Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Soul Manipulation (Can controls souls), Matter Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Telekinesis, Disease Manipulation (Can infect others with energy from the dark multiverse), Fear Manipulation (can use his dark energy to show nightmarish visions to others), Dream Manipulation (Can trap others in a neverending nightmare), Size Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, Vibration Manipulation, Quantum Manipulation, Space-Time Manipulation (His Anti-Music, a dark chord and a counter vibration frequency, disrupt the multiverse and shake its strings), Physics Manipulation (His Anti-Music causes the laws of physics to fail), BFR (Can use his Anti-Music to sink the Earth into the dark multiverse), Summoning with Anti-Music, Body Control, Teleportation, Life force Absorption, Higher-Dimensional Existence, Immortality (Types 1 and 2)
Attack Potency: At least Multiverse level+ (He killed the Forger, a being comparable to The Monitor and Anti-Monitor, His scream is said to be the dark chord that will shake the strings of the multiverse by releasing the Anti-Music through his scream, and caused the laws of physics to fail like dominoes. He can ignore conventional durability by sending others into a neverending nightmare)
Lifting Strength: Immeasurable
Striking Strength: At least Multiversal+
Durability: At least Multiverse level+
Intelligence: Barbatos is a highly skilled manipulator, able to manipulate others with ease, and pushing them to join him by making them believe that all hope is lost.
Weaknesses: Barbatos is vulnerable to certain metals. The Tenth Metal/Element X of the New Gods is the purest and the most effective against him. Following this, the Nth Metal, although less effective than the tenth, is pure enough to harm Barbatos.
- Has destroyed countless unstable universes during his time as the Dragon of the Forge.
- Has killed the Forger, a cosmic being capable of creating universes.
- Has shaken the strings of the multiverse and caused the laws of physics to fail like dominoes with his scream.
- Was going to cause the earth to completely enter the Dark Multiverse to the point that it could never be raised again.
- For further information see here.
Notable Attacks / Techniques:
- Anti-Music: Barbatos can release a dark chord called "Anti-Music" through his scream, loud enough to pierce the cosmic membrane separating the positive matter and dark matter multiverses. This tune mostly act as a counter-vibration to the multiverse's vibration frequency to disrupt the multiverse and cause the laws of physics to fail. Barbatos can also use it to summon his dark army and could have caused the Earth to sink so low in the dark multiverse that it could never be raised again.
- Darkness Manipulation: Barbatos can manipulate and control darkness which cannot be pierced by light and he can also shoot dark lightning.
- Infection: Barbatos is able to infect others with the energy of the dark multiverse, whether to show them nightmarish visions or to trap them into a neverending nightmare. Barbatos can show the worlds of the dark multiverse to intimidate others.
- Reality Alteration: Barbatos is able to alter reality. Through this, Barbatos is able to create entire nightmarish universes and affect the very foundation of reality with his scream.
- Telepathy: Barbatos is a able to manipulate and communicate with others using only the power of the mind.
- Soul Manipulation: Barbatos can control the souls of others and can trap their consciousness in a nightmare.
- Corruption: Barbatos is able to corrupt and mutate others, making them his slave and control.
Note: Before making any changes to this page, please read and follow the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics.