|“||You do not need to know who the victor is within a battle using martial arts. That is the beauty of this art.||„|
|~ Bang talking about martial arts.|
Bang (バング) also known as Silver Fang (シルバーファング Shirubā Fangu) is an S-Class, rank 3, a superhero for the Heroes Association, settled in Z-City. Bang owns a dojo passed down from generations and uses the fighting style the Rock-Smashing Water Stream Fist. He has an older brother named Bomb, who is the master of Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist. He is also Garou's former mentor.
Powers and Stats
Name: Bang, Silver Fang, Greatest Treasure of Martial Arts
Origin: One Punch Man
Classification: Human, Retired S-Class Hero, Martial Artist
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Acrobatics/Self-Momentum (Scales to Bomb), Martial Arts Mastery, Attack Reflection, and Non-Physical Interaction via Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist (This martial arts technique can deflect electricity itself and Rover's Energy Projectiles), Pressure Points (Part of Garou’s martial arts Bang taught him), Instinctive Reaction (Taught Garou his martial arts), Statistics Amplification and Body Control via Abandonment
Attack Potency: City level (Defeated Superalloy Darkshine in a one-sided sparring match, despite the latter having greater physical prowess. Shattered Elder Centipede's armor with Bomb. While critically beaten down and severely weakened, he one-shot a transformed Fuhrer Ugly and Gums)
Speed: At least Massively Hypersonic (Atomic Samurai considered him to be very fast. Outran three other S class heroes including Metal Bat. Intercepted Fuhrer Ugly before he could kill Genos), higher with Abandonment (Abandonment increases his physical stats)
Stamina: Very High (Can fight against multiple Dragons while injured and tired)
Range: Standard melee range
Standard Equipment: None
Intelligence: Gifted. He's a master martial artist with decades of experience. His mastery of martial arts is displayed in a sparring match against a fellow S-Class hero, Superalloy Darkshine, whom Bang was able to defeat in a one-sided bout.
Weaknesses: Bang is unwilling to learn new techniques and methods to beat an opponent or to think outside the box, as he put it, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks."
- Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist: Bang's martial art. It is relatively powerful, destroying meteor fragments easily. He's able to create an area where his fists will destroy anything that enters, protecting those insides. He is skilled enough to redirect powerful and fatal attacks that might come his way as well as apply devastating impact with his martial skills. Later when Bang demonstrates the fist to Saitama and Genos, Charanko describes Bang, or at least his usage of the martial art, "leading his enemies around the nose by moving like a calm stream, only to finish them off with a punch strong enough to smash great rocks like a raging river," implying that the Rock-Smashing Water Stream Fist parallels real-life Tai Chi.
- His style of fighting gets much more vicious while angry or enraged, as first used against Fist Fight Djinn.
- Whirlwind Water Stream Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist (旋風流水 轟気空裂拳, Senpū Ryūsui Gōki Kūretsu-ken): A advanced technique than combining both Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist and Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist. In order to perform the technique, both Bang and Bomb stand together side-by-side and rotating both one of each of their hands into one fist and unleashing the massive wave of air streams that resembles their respective martial arts (Flowing airwave for the Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist and whirlwind airwave for the Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist) toward an opponent with their fists standing side-by-side. The technique is powerful enough to knock back Elder Centipede during its rush towards them and causes the monster's carapace to become brittle from the shock-wave of the air streams. However, it is stated by both Bang and Bomb, they can only do this technique once per battle since both of them have passed their prime. Traditionally when the technique connects, the shock-waves created will spread through the victim's entire body, which ultimately reduces the victim to dust.
- Secret Combination: Cross Fang Dragon Slayer Fist (連携奧義 交牙竜殺拳, Renkei Ōgi: Kōga Ryūsatsu-ken): A combination of the martial arts of Bang and Bomb, even more powerful than Whirlwind Water Stream Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist. Both perform extremely powerful strikes at their opponent with their respective martial arts during combat.
- Water Stream Encampment (流水陣, Ryūsui-jin): Bang can create an area where his fists will destroy anything that enters, defending those insides. It is first used to protect Genos from the falling meteor debris.
- Fang Interpolation (牙挿指, Kiba Sōshi): Using the fingertips that he has trained, he can hit the smallest weak points with single hits of incredible accuracy. This move is known to be smooth like water but powerful enough to destroy rock with unparalleled destructive power.
- Instantaneous Effect (瞬身功, Shun mi Kō): Bang jumps at his opponent using an extraordinary footwork, he elegantly quickly moves as if he was flowing, and confuses them with a swift feint and then performs a fast piercing attack, strong enough to create a hole in the body of a Fuhrer Ugly, a Dragon-level Mysterious Being. It is first used against Melzalgald. He precisely aims for the enemy's weak points from places they cannot predict.