|“||I dreamt a field of war…and woke to find myself upon it.||„|
When the gods have nightmares, it is Bane Elemental who brings them. Also known as Atropos, Bane was born from the midnight terrors of the goddess Nyctasha. A force of terror too powerful to be contained by sleep, he surfaced from her slumbers, fed upon her immortality, and stole his vaporous form from her inky blood. He is the essence of fear. Mortals who hear his voice hear their darkest secrets whispered in their ear. He calls to the hidden fear in every Hero's heart. Wakefulness is no protection, for Bane's black blood, continuously dripping, is a tar that traps his enemies in a nightmare. In the presence of Bane, every Hero remembers to fear the dark.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 4-C
Name: Atropos, the Bane Elemental
Origin: DotA 2
Classification: Elemental, Member of the Three Shades, Living Nightmare
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Type 1), Flight, Life Force Absorption, Immortality Absorption, Darkness Manipulation, Durability Negation, Power Absorption, Blood Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation, Dream and Nightmare Manipulation, Non-Corporeal, Fear Manipulation, Madness Manipulation (Type 3)
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Should be comparable to Phoenix)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Large Star Class
Durability: Large Star level
Standard Equipment: None notable
Weaknesses: None notable
- Basic Attack: Bane fires a blast of darkness at his opponent.
- Enfeeble: Weakens an enemy unit, reducing its physical damage. Lasts 20 seconds.
- Brain Sap: Feasts on the vital energies of an enemy unit, healing Bane and dealing damage.
- Nightmare: Puts the target enemy or friendly Hero to sleep. Sleeping units are awakened when attacked, but the Nightmare passes to the attacking unit. Bane can freely attack the target in the nightmare
- Fiend's Grip: Grips an enemy unit, disabling it and causing heavy damage over time, while stealing mana every 0.5 seconds based on the unit's maximum mana.