|“||Hey, it's everyone's idol! Don't let the cute fool you! He's a brave warrior who may be small, but his spear packs a huge wallop!||„|
|~ About Waddle Dee, pause screen description • Kirby's Return to Dream Land|
Bandana Waddle Dee, otherwise known as Bandana Dee or simply Waddle Dee, is a Waddle Dee who wears a blue bandana first seen in Kirby Super Star. He went from being an insignificant, unimportant character in his first appearances to being a prominent character that has appeared in every Kirby game to date since Kirby Mass Attack in 2011. In his debut, he only made a brief appearance in Megaton Punch, though the remake extends this appearance to Revenge of the King and takes over the role of Arena Waddle Dee. He can act as King Dedede's sidekick when going against Kirby or ally to the latter against challenges done by King Dedede. He's also a friend of Meta Knight, as everyone is to each other in Dreamland. Bandana Dee can also help Kirby & co. on larger heroic adventures, assisting in beating notable threats.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 4-A | At least 4-A, likely 3-C
Name: Bandana Waddle Dee, Waddle Dee, or Bandana Dee
Origin: Kirby Super Star
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Non-Physical Interaction (Can kill Wapods and attack characters in their ghost forms), Self-Sustenance (Type 1), Toon Force and Elasticity (Like all Star Allies, he can survive being flattened and immediately restore his shape), Regeneration (Low-Mid. Like all Star Allies, he can quickly recover from being impaled by allies, by Flamberge's Barbecue Party or Beetle Kirby. Immediately recovered off-screen after being defeated by Kirby to watch his fight against Masked Dedede), Immortality (Type 3), Flight, Spear mastery, Parasol mastery, Vehicular Mastery, Transformation (Can imitate Kirby's transformations), Can turn into a small ball of intangible energy, 4th Wall Awareness, Energy Projection (Able to shoot raw energy) Resistance to Black Holes (Able to outrun and withstand black holes from Sphere Doomers, Master Crown-powered Magolor and Marx [The latter shown Post-Star Allies]. Notably able to briefly outrun and survive a black hole that was warping & sucking all the space of the shown battlefield, including stars in the background of it), Spatial Manipulation (Physically unaffected by said interstellar distortion and the sudden return to normal space has when the attack ends, otherwise only harmed if sucked by that black hole or reached by any space-based attack from Magolor)
As before, Magic, Resurrection (Able to revive others via Revival Spell. When dead, he can transform into a ghost to absorb some life-energy from a target and resurrect), Empathic Manipulation & Morality Manipulation via Friend Hearts (Can turn enemies into allies. Able to overwrite Void Termina's effects on allies; Scales to his multi-galactic potency), Healing & Purification (Friend Hearts can be used to heal and purify others. Can "Revive" defeated allies, who are merely unconscious), Cloth Manipulation, Power Bestowal (Turning targets into allies via Friend Hearts gives them that same power. Can bestow individual elemental powers when using them himself), Combining powers with allies he gains access to Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Air Manipulation and Water Manipulation, Creation (Able to help other Star Allies create Friend Stars and the Star Allies Sparkler), Regeneration (Low-Godly in Ghost form) Resistance to Transmutation (Like all Star Allies, he isn't transmuted after being cooked inside Chef Kawasaki and Cook Kirby's pot, a process that regularly turns foes and items into food), Empathic Manipulation & Morality Manipulation (Unaffected by the presence of the individual Dark Hearts), heat and cold (Unaffected by the temperatures of Blizzno Moon and Star Lavadom)
As before, his Parasol gives him Forcefield Creation & some forms of Water Manipulation, Likely Auto-Resurrection with Reviving Tomato (Only works once. Has shown to be in possession of a Reviving Tomato which he gives to Kirby or King Dedede, however, he never demonstrated to use it), Healing (With Maxim Tomato & various food items), Invulnerability with the Invincible Candy, Universal & Dimensional Travel via Warp Star
As before, Statistics Amplification (With Power-Up Hearts, which increase strength, health or speed of all allies at once), Healing (With health Power-Up Hearts), Summoning (Can summon Helpers by directly throwing Friend Hearts to Copy Essences. Can summon a Dream Friend using the Dream Rod), Homing Attack (With Star Allies Sparkler)
Loses an interpretable amount of powers from base, and has Incorporeality, Non-Physical Interaction, Immortality (Type 7. Has no health and can't be destroyed or defeated by others who can affect ghosts, unlike them), Self-Sustenance (Types 2 and 3), Flight, Limited Life-energy Absorption (Triggers the aforementioned regeneration of his physical body), Invisibility and Intangibility (Can actively become invisible and intangible, even to other ghosts and comparable beings who can affect ghosts), Resistance to Death Manipulation and Life Manipulation (Is a ghost. Given his lack of health, he can't be hit by other characters in Ghost form for them to revive, unlike living fighters and bosses. Can't recover health via healing items)
Attack Potency: Multi-Solar System level (Fought alongside Kirby, King Dedede, and Meta Knight to defeat a Master Crown-powered Magolor, which led to the collapse of interstellar parts of Another Dimension, including the 15 areas where the Sphere Doomers were fought, which are all respectively interstellar in size. Overpowered 2 Grab Hands from a Dark Crafter-possessed Claycia, one of them then repeatedly assaulted Kirby, overpowering him on contact and being up to Bandana Dee to always beat the Grab Hand, as "Kirby can't seem to defeat him". Won Dedede's Cake Royale alongside Kirby, beating various Kirby clones in the process) | At least Multi-Solar System level+, likely Galaxy level (Can assist Kirby & two fellow Star Allies in the defeat of Void Termina, Corrupt Hyness, the retaliators Three Mage-Sisters [at once], Morpho Knight EX and the stronger incarnations of Void Termina. Along with Gooey, Bandana Dee's one of the main partners Kirby can choose to defeat everyone in the Buddy Fighters Tower, the team of two faced inexplicable hordes of Kirbys, Bandana Waddle Dees, Gooeys and Magolors, and more notably they a few times defeated Shadow Kirby, Meta Knight and King Dedede, the former having "all the power of the real Kirby" and the latter two teaming up, ultimately amping themselves with the Masks of Dark Bonds but being stated that they would have been worthy opponents even without the masks), able to negate durability with Friend Hearts
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Kept up with Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Landia and Magolor. Repeatedly outran waves that were consuming interstellar parts of Another Dimension, which were moving fast enough to get past stars and nebulae in the background, as well as keeping up with the Lor Starcutter and Landia. Along with the other Star Allies, he can chase and keep up with the Jamba Hearts several times, which were suddenly scattered across the universe. Able to keep up with Galacta Knight, Marx, Ribbon, the Three Mage-Sisters and Void Termina)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Multi Solar System Class | At least Multi Solar System Class+, likely Galactic
Durability: Multi-Solar System level (Can take multiple hits from Meta Knight and the Kirbys created by the Kirby Printer, which have been described on multiple occasions to be at least equal to the real Kirby, and were able to harm Meta Knight) | At least Multi-Solar System level+, likely Galaxy level
Stamina: Very high (On par with Kirby)
Range: Extended melee range with his spears, longer with transformations. Interstellar with projectiles and shockwaves
Standard Equipment: Spears he can create out of nothing.
- Optional Equipment: Reviving Tomato, A Parasol, Maxim Tomatoes, Invincibility Candy, Warp Star | As before, the Dream Rod, Friend Star, Star Allies Sparkler and Power-Up Hearts
- Can Create/Summon: None | A Friend Star
Intelligence: Average, vast combat skills. A master spear wielder and an experienced combatant who has gone toe to toe alongside Kirby on multiple occasions. Possesses vast combat skills due to being able to contend with, and defeat, Meta Knight, the Three Mage-Sisters, Hyness and Void Termina
Weaknesses: None notable
Keys: Pre-Star Allies | Post-Star Allies
Note that there is no distinction between his keys in this section.
- Waddle Spear Throw: Throws 1 spear a short distance.
- Waddle Spear Barrage: In the air he throws multiple spears in succession one after the other while slowly descending. During this descent, he can glide left or right, but will not change the direction he faces.
- Waddle Triple Throw: Briefly charges to then throw three spears at once in a spread.
- Transformations: His transformations include summoning a cannonball-blasting bazooka from nothing, which has a super attack which briefly turns his weapon into a machine gun, and a torpedo-firing submarine. If you pay attention to the Yellow Submarine Dee in this clip, you will notice that the transformation also comes with a super attack that allows him to fire a mega-sized torpedo. He also can transform his spear into a latch and use it to climb up rope.
- Ground Thrust: Rushes his spear forward along the ground, then flicks it upward. Before the flick he can pole-vault instead, dropping his spear.
- Space Jump: A technique most Kirby characters have, Bandana Dee transforms into a small ball of energy which turns out to be intangible, he uses this power to mobilize himself or regroup with mates faster.
- Friend Heart: Obtained in Kirby Star Allies, Bandana Dee generates a Friend Heart which is then quickly thrown to his objective(s). This can be done an unlimited amount of times as well as repeatedly. Upon contact (or near it), the Friend Heart will generate a major change in the empathy of the being(s) affected to the point of making them change their morality towards being an ally to Bandana Dee. The Friend Hearts have also shown to make feel objectives extremely happy, make them have a deep appreciation for the one who used a Friend Heart on them, generate clothes in others, work on robots, heal & purify others, operate without making direct contact to others' bodies as well as affect more than one being at a time, and, by the end of the main story in Star Allies, overwrite the multi-galactic morality changing effects Void Termina forces on allies, thus having the potency of its own morality & empathic manipulation scaling from Void Termina, who gets physically harmed by the Friend Hearts. (It should be noticed that Void Termina getting harmed by the Friend Hearts could be a specific weakness of his, a characteristic of the Friend Hearts, or both, this is left unclear.) The last function the Friend Hearts have is that their targets will immediately be bestowed with the ability the generate and use Friend Hearts with all previously mentioned characteristics.
- Revival Spell: Initially, in the Team Kirby Clash mini-game, the Kirbys there could approach others Kirbys and heal them when being defeated, which meant falling into the floor with their souls leaving their bodies. This continued on the Team Kirby Clash Deluxe game with the Kirbys there even obtaining items to improve their ability to resurrect others. After that game, many characters became able to "Revive" defeated allies by doing the same process Kirby showed before, but these defeated allies don't lose their souls when falling and are instead just unconscious. Nonetheless, this technique is likely to hold the same properties previously shown.
- Team Attack: A technique Bandana Dee can access to with at least another known ally with similar control over energy, such as every Star Ally.
- In Return to Dream Land when piggybacking an ally or more, they can briefly charge energy to use a special attack, the more allies charging energy the more powerful the attack will be. The form of the attack depends on the ally below, which is shooting it. Bandana Dee performs multiple attacks with his spear and launches 3-way energy shots, one forward and the rest ascending. Bandana Dee & all other allies in-game (Kirby, Meta Knight and King Dedede) can use their Team Attack to push back and warp the waves of space that were consuming interstellar parts of Another Dimension.
- In Star Allies when piggybacking an ally or more, they can briefly charge energy to shoot an energy beam. The more allies charging energy the more powerful the attack will be.
- Grab: Grabs a target and hits it away. He can aim where to throw the target and use it as a projectile against other foes.
- Ghost form: Once dead, he can transform into a ghost, his only objective in this state is to bring himself back to life. In-game, he can't be destroyed or defeated by others who can harm ghosts as Bandana Dee's health is already gone. Bandana Dee doesn't have access to the moves he had with his body but presumably maintains his resistances, his mobility is also slightly slower than when alive. There is no limit to the amount of times Bandana Dee can access this form when dying. This form was originally only used by Kirby as 1 of his Copy Abilities, but since Fighters 2 it was no longer said to be a Copy Ability and became a transformation several characters could use (meaning that they have no reason to share other powers the Ghost ability has), the reason why they can be defeated during canon plots without using this is due to the cartoonish nature of the verse and this power.
- Flight: As a ghost, Bandana Dee naturally floats and can fly around at will.
- Attack, Double Attack & Tackle: A slap (or slaps), charged slaps and a tackle forward respectively. Managing to land any attack against living opponents will result in Bandana Dee's body being quickly recreated, though he would be with low "health". Although this presumably works by way of absorbing some of the health/life of a target (hence it needs to be hit) the process can technically be done through having an item hitting the target or firing energy at them, meaning that physical contact isn't necessary.
- Vanish: Disappears, becoming invisible and intangible even to other characters in Ghost form. Bandana Dee can move but not attack like this, and re-appear at will.
If Bandana Dee has one of these items when he is KO'd, it will automatically revive him to full health in a flash. It can also be used in the middle of combat as a normal Maxim Tomato.
Heals all of his health when eaten.
Heal varying amounts of his health.
It starts growing in size after being picked up, and explodes by itself if held for too long.
When held, it fires arcing shots automatically to a fixed distance ahead of the carrier for as long as it lasts.
When collected, Bandana Dee becomes invincible for a short time, and almost any enemy he touches will be instantly defeated, or at least damaged.
The character holding it cannot fly or float with it. As long as it is being held, its carrier is both invisible and intangible. The Invisibility Stone will respawn in its original place if destroyed. It only lasts for a limited time, and flashes red when it is close to expiring.
A vehicle that Bandana Dee can use, its charge attack is a powerful dash attack.
Another vehicle that he can use, its charge attack is a powerful electroshock that comes from its mouth area.
When picked up and used Bandana Dee summons one of the following Dream Friends to assist him
The Final Weapon in Star Allies, used to take out Void Termina. The Star Allies Sparkler fires projectiles from the tip, fly around quickly and efficiently, and spin counterclockwise to avoid all damage on a relative scale (Sparkler Turn). Kirby canonically took the lead in the center of the Sparkler while his friends rode in the tail. Still, the leader can be rotated to imbue the shots with a different element depending on the leader (the technique is called Rider Switch). The Sparkler can fire different homing projectiles with varying power depending on charge time. An uncharged shot is called the Sparkler Comet, and it fires a star-shaped projectile. A charged shot is called the Sparkler Starshot, and it fires a projectile shaped like two intertwining stars. The strongest attack is called Team Star Allies!, which, if everyone who's riding charges together and releases at the same time, fires a giant laser at the opponent. Bandana Dee uses this item on his own when used in The Ultimate Choice of Star Allies.
Used to increase his statistics. The effects are shared with allies.
- When he started off as just fodder, he made a crack visible from space on planet Popstar
|Discussion threads involving Bandana Waddle Dee|