It is an old story. Perhaps the oldest story there is. In the dark woods, there is a witch called Baba Yaga. Sometimes she is a mother. Sometimes she is a daughter. Sometimes she is cruel and sometimes, kind. But always, Baba Yaga is cunning. And there is always a price to pay for dealing with her, if you are brave enough – or desperate enough – to seek her out.
It is said that Baba Yaga waits for travelers in her house atop its gnarled chicken legs, behind a fence made of human bones. If you are brave enough to pass through the fence and enter the house you will see her stretched out across the interior, looming over her stove, or reaching out from one corner to another. Or, if you are in the woods late at night, you might see her flying overhead in her mortar and pestle and then hear the thunderous tramp of the chicken-legged house as it pursues its mistress.
Regardless, she is an ugly creature with a long nose and cruel, iron teeth, and her eyes gleam with malice. But despite her inherent malevolence, she does not interfere with others without first being approached – or provoked. If you are foolish enough to seek her, she might well punish you for your effrontery before aiding you, or aid you and then tear you to pieces because it amuses her to do so. And sometimes, very rarely, she helps without harm.
But only when it suits her to do so.
Now, as the world shudders on its axis and new horrors rise, Baba Yaga stirs in her long isolation. The gods have ignored her warnings for long enough, and if they will not ask for her help willingly, she will find a way to force them to do so...
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 4-C, possibly Low 2-C
Name: Baba Yaga, Witch of the Woods
Age: Unknown (Is older than many gods and it's implied that she's actually older than almost all of them, as her magic is described as older than theirs)
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (At least Type 1), Magic (Advanced), Telekinesis, Elemental Manipulation (Of the Fire, Earth, Ice and Wind variety), Explosion Manipulation (Via Blast Off), Absorption (Can absorb the essence of her enemies), Healing (Via Creeping Cabin and Absorption), Life Manipulation (Granted life to her cabin), Smoke Manipulation (Can generate smoke from her mortar), Illusion Creation (Can use smoke to see images and can also make images appear from her mortar within the smoke it produces), Necromancy (Can communicate with the dead), Animal Manipulation (Can command blackbirds), Summoning (Can summon her cabin to assist her in battle), Dimensional Storage (With her Mortar), likely others
Attack Potency: At least Large Star level, possibly Universe level+ (Is an extremely powerful witch with her magic being strong enough to make regular gods somehow afraid of her)
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Can keep up with most gods)
Lifting Strength: At least Stellar (Comparable to regular gods)
Striking Strength: At least Large Star Class, possibly Universal+ (Can fight and harm regular gods)
Durability: At least Large Star level, possibly Universe level+ (Can take hits from regular gods)
Stamina: Very High
Range: Standard melee range, extended melee range with her staff, dozens of meters via Magic and powers
Standard Equipment: Her Staff, Her Mortar, Her Cabin, Various potions, Starter/Core Items
Intelligence: Very High. Has an extremely extended knowledge about magic and supernatural forces and beings, including gods. Was one of the only beings aware of the existence of Cthulhu and was able to deduce that his awakening was the cause of the weakening of the gods's magic as well as her own.
Weaknesses: None notable
- Creeping Cabin: Baba Yaga's Cabin accumulates up to 100 essence over time, when it moves, and if enemy gods get too close. Baba Yaga can approach the Cabin and use this essence to gain evolving item stacks. Items with a low stack count take more energy. If Baba Yaga has no stacking item this essence heals Baba Yaga for 0.8% max health per tick.
- Wild Witchcraft: Baba Yaga throws forward magic imbued with chaotic qualities. The magic will travel in the path of a random shape (Left Corner, Right Corner, Split, or Oval) and leave behind a random magical field on the ground it flew over for 4s. The fields can boost friendly Protections, boost friendly Movement Speed, lower enemy Movement Speed, or Silence enemies.
- Baba's Brew: Baba Yaga throws together random ingredients to brew a Potion. Each Eye of Newt increases the Potion's Damage by 7.5%. Each Dragon Scale adds a 12.5% slow to enemies hit for 2.5s. Each Wolf Tooth adds a 7.5% Attack Speed slow and Power reduction to enemies hit for 5s. Baba Yaga can store a single Potion in her consumable slot refiring/canceling this ability. She can pull it out at any time to throw it.
- Blast Off!: Baba Yaga crawls inside her Mortar for protection. While inside the mortar she gains Damage Mitigation, Knockup Protection, and begins to build up explosive magic. After 1s the magic explodes, launching Baba Yaga and her Mortar in the direction she is facing. Enemies near the Mortar when it explodes take damage.
- Home Sweet Home: Baba Yaga calls down her Cabin, causing it to crash onto her and launch nearby enemies away. Baba Yaga commands the cabin for up to 8s, using it as a protective shield to create and throw 4 Witchfire Bolts from the inside. When the thrown Witchfire lands, it explodes dealing damage to enemies in the area while leaving behind a creeping patch of fire that chases nearby enemies. Enemies caught in the creeping fire take burn damage every 0.4s.