|“||An enormous dragon as ancient as the mountains themselves. In an age that has all but faded from memory, he stood shoulder to shoulder with one who ruled over a harbor of stone. But in the end, the two came into conflict, and the dragon was banished to a dark place deep underground.||„|
|“||The memories of rocks do not last long. Those memories that survive are rooted in powerful emotion. But as time passes, so these memories fade into obscurity. Erosion is the world's greatest destroyer of memories.||„|
|~ Azhdaha contemplating the cause of his fall|
Azhdaha is the Overlord of the Geovishaps. Once a blind earth spirit, Azhdaha was gifted sight by Rex Lapis, granting him the ability to finally see the world. In return for this gift, he swore to protect and coexist with the people of Liyue alongside the Geo Archon.
After losing his memories due to his erosion and his mind suffering from the unwitting attacks performed by humans on the leylines that sustained him, driven to madness, he waged war upon Liyue and Rex Lapis, breaking his contract and forcing the Geo Archon to subjugate his long-time friend. After a lengthy battle within The Chasm, Azhdaha was finally defeated and sealed beneath a great tree that would later be called "Dragon-Queller".
Powers and Stats
Tier: 6-C | At least 6-C.
Origin: Genshin Impact
Age: Over 6000 years old. Older than Zhongli.
Classification: Overlord of the Geovishaps, The Earth Dragon.
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Inorganic Physiology (as an Earth Spirit, Azhdaha is composed entirely of elemental crystal), Large Size (Type 1), Longevity, Extrasensory Perception (Azhdaha can sense energies and earth-forms), Earth Manipulation, Magma Manipulation, Vibration Manipulation (can emit seismic waves at will), Psychometry (Azhdaha can see into the memories of all forms of earth, such as rocks, ores and crystals), Elemental Manipulation (with Elemental Infusion, comprising Fire, Water, Ice and Electricity), Danmaku (Azhdaha is capable of raining down elemental projectiles over a large area), Homing Attack (Azhdaha's elemental projectiles are capable of homing in on enemies), Breath Attack (with Primordial Shower and normal breath attacks), Status Effect Inducement (can mark struck enemies with an elemental sigil that deals consistent damage over time), Disease Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation (Prolonged exposure to concentrated elemental energy, can cause effects which vary from illnesses at best to changes in personality at worst), Minor Paralysis Inducement (with Electro-Charged), Explosion Manipulation (with certain Pyro and Geo attacks, as well as Overloaded), Damage Boost (with Vaporize and Melt), Statistics Reduction (with Superconduct), Avatar Creation (can manifest his consciousness in the form of a child named Jiu), Mind Control (took over the minds of a group of miners to dig a hole to the location of his seal underneath the Dragon-Queller), Power Bestowal (Azhdaha's Yin half embued the Traveler and Zhongli with the strength necessary to defeat the rampaging Yang half), Healing and Resurrection (Azhdaha's Yin half was capable of resurrecting and healing fallen allies during the fight with his Yang half). Resistance to Disease Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation (Azhdaha resists the effects of strong concentrated elemental energy which Smaragdus Jadeite causes), Earth Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Water Manipulation, Ice Manipulation and Electricity Manipulation, as well as Sealing (Azhdaha required several dozen seals to be placed upon him and his prison for him to be kept from escaping, one of which was The Unforged).
Attack Potency: Island level (As one of the strongest entities to exist in the Archon War, though considerably weakened from his prime and his power split in half, he should still be comparable to Andrius, who created a storm of this magnitude) | At least Island level (In his prime, Azhdaha is well over twice as powerful as he is in his previous key. Both legends and Morax claim that his tiniest movements would cause great earthquakes to surge throughout Liyue. He is considered equal if not superior to Morax in his prime, with Zhongli stating that he could never have considered himself superior to him at any point during their battle).
Lifting Strength: At least Class 5, likely Class G (Comparable to Morax) | At least Class 5, likely Class G (far stronger in his prime).
Striking Strength: Island Class (Azhdaha can significantly damage Prime Morax, who is vastly superior to Prime Barbatos, with his physical strikes) | At least Island Class (far stronger in his prime).
Durability: Island level (Azhdaha's vitality surpasses that of Morax, even in his weakened state after over a thousand years of being sealed) | At least Island level (Azhdaha's vitality far surpasses that of Prime Morax, who was forced to seal him away in order to stop his rampage).
Stamina: At least Very High, likely far higher. As an elemental being, Azhdaha's vitality vastly outclassed that of Morax's prime, forcing the latter to seal him away to secure his victory.
Range: Dozens of Metres, normally. At least Tens of Kilometres with magic and earthquakes.
Standard Equipment: None notable.
Intelligence: Above Average. Capable of rhetoric that surpasses that of Zhongli in certain subjects but is otherwise not shown capable of practical intellectual brilliance comparable to that of more notable minds such as Tartaglia or Ningguang.
Weaknesses: None notable.
Notable Attacks and Techniques:
- Earthshock: Azhdaha jumps into the air before slamming back down with great force, producing multiple elemental effects based on the elements Azhdaha has infused himself with.
- When infused with Pyro, Azhdaha causes the ground beneath him to be infused with Pyro energy that will explode twice, while several large fireballs appear in the air and rain down on his enemies.
- When infused with Hydro, Azhdaha causes the ground beneath him to be infused with Hydro energy that will explode twice.
- Tremor: Slamming his legs into the earth, Azhdaha emits continuous shockwaves, ended by one more, much stronger shockwave, further producing elemental effects based on Azhdaha's elemental infusions.
- When infused with Hydro, Azhdaha's final shockwave is accompanied by six lines of water that surge outwards from his location.
- When infused with Pyro, Azhdaha's final shockwave is accompanied by several aerial fireballs that will rain down at random around him.
- The King's Roar: Azhdaha roars with all his might, producing multiple elemental effects based on the elements Azhdaha has infused himself with.
- When infused with Hydro, Azhdaha summons several Hydro orbs almost as large as himself that deal extreme continuous damage on contact with enemies. These orbs will circle the arena with Azhdaha at its center.
- When infused with Electro, Azhdaha summons several Electro orbs almost as large as himself that deal extreme continuous damage on contact with enemies. These orbs will circle the arena with Azhdaha at its center.
- When infused with Pyro, Azhdaha calls down several meteors from the sky, which explode and leave pools of lava on impact.
- When infused with Cryo, Azhdaha summons a single autonomous Cryo orb that generates ice spikes that shoot outward and home in closely on all enemies.
- Elemental Tree: Azhdaha submerges himself underground while leaving its tail above-ground. The tail will call down elemental barrages with wide-spanning AOEs covering the vast majority of Azhdaha's range.
- Electro: Azhdaha's tail calls down countless streams of lightning from above.
- Cryo: Azhdaha's tail will unleash a hailstorm around itself and rain down ice spires around him. These ice spires explode on impact, followed by rings of ice spikes bursting from the ground around the landing zone.
- Three Waves: Slams his foreleg, emitting three consecutive shockwaves from the point of impact.
- Burrow: Burrowing into the ground, Azhdaha triggers a massive earthquake and causes rocks to fall from above. He then attacks from below.
- Thunder Sphere: Azhdaha forms several lightning spheres and launches them, chasing his enemies.
- Fractal Lance: Forms a Cryo Orb in the air that shoots down homing icicles.
- Elemental Breath: Unleashes a breath of pure elemental power.
- Primeval Spring: Summons a barrage of element-infused stones throughout the arena that explode after a short time, dealing elemental damage and producing various effects based on the infused element.
- Primordial Shower: Unleashes a blast of pure elemental power in a large AOE around Azhdaha.
Key: Eroded | Prime
- Genshin Impact; Mission A Teapot to Call Home; Part I