|“||Oh dear me, I've accidentally won. And I thought I've held back enough too... Well this isn't any fun.||„|
Aya Shameimaru (射命丸 文) is Gensokyo's resident reporter, known for writing "slightly" exaggerated news articles about anything that happens. She's also a Tengu that prided herself on being the "Fastest" in Gensokyo (in term of pure speed, anyway), and is overall a really strong character, able to occasionally win without trying to.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 2-C, likely 2-C
Name: Aya Shameimaru
Origin: Touhou Project
Age: Over 1,000 years old
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Danmaku, Spirit Manipulation, Limited Creation & Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1; The process of creating a spell card requires giving it a 'name' to define its form and power, not unlike how the gods gave 'names' to everything at the beginning of reality to give them form from nothingness, albeit on a much smaller scale), Power Modification (Spell card users are capable of changing the traits of any attack or ability by naming it, being able to turn ordinarily lethal attacks into nonlethal ones, or severely restricting the potency of an ability by 'gameifying' it), Magic, Extrasensory Perception (Magic users are sensitive to changes in temperament), Acausality (Type 1; Unaffected by Keine erasing the human village from history, despite the fact that youkai rely on the continued existence of the human village in order to sustain their own existence), Acrobatics, Air Manipulation, Non-Physical Interaction (Can harm Phantoms and Evil Spirits with her regular attacks), Forcefield Creation, can erase projectiles with her camera, Longevity, Animal Manipulation, Existence Erasure (Her camera can erase bullets if she takes a picture of them), Afterimage Creation (Can move so fast that it appears as though there are two of her), Plant Manipulation, Camouflage (Can create a large number of leaves to obscure herself), Empowerment (Under a full moon), Longevity (Youkai lifespans are longer than that of humans, and half youkai such as Rinnosuke seemingly do not age at all), Enhanced Senses (Aya is capable of listening to the wind and hearing rumors from it. According to Marisa, tengu have incredible eyesight. Youkai can see better than humans in the dark of night), Shapeshifting (Upon entering Gensokyo, youkai gained the ability to change their form as they please, often choosing to take forms more closely resembling that of humans), Intangibility (Youkai can break themselves down into, or regenerate from, a sort of black mist. They are also repeatedly shown to form from this mist out of thin air), Incorporeality (Youkai are stated to be unbound from the confines of the material world, and are made of Spirit), Regeneration (Mid-Godly; Youkai are able to recover from bodily destruction, despite being made of Spirit. They can also quickly recover from their Spirit being drained or destroyed), Aura, Sense Manipulation, Fear Manipulation (All youkai possess 'youkai energy' that takes the form of an aura. This aura can make one feel pins and needles throughout their body, can make one start to tremble, and is powerful enough to deliver these effects even while sealed away. Successfully inducing fear in a target also allows a youkai to absorb their Spirit), Aura Suppression (Youkai commonly infiltrate the human village without their auras affecting nearby people, and are shown to be able to mask their auras from Kosuzu, who can naturally detect such auras), possibly Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, and Empathic Manipulation (It's been stated that most youkai can control the world through the mental layer of reality, which moves alongside the spirit and determines the emotions of all living beings. However, it is impossible to know specifically which youkai this applies to)
Resistance to Madness Manipulation (Youkai can resist the effects of the true Moon, which can drive humans insane and kill them if they look at it), Illusion Creation (According to ZUN, youkai are able to see illusions. During the events of Imperishable Night, all youkai noticed the moon was illusory), Biological Manipulation (Youkai lack DNA and brains), Matter Manipulation (Youkai are described as a fluctuation and seem to be composed of different particles ), Disease Manipulation (As youkai are beings comprised mostly of spirit, they are unaffected by physical illnesses), Subjective Reality (Youkai were once bound to the imagination of humans, with the myths and stories about them defining their forms and characteristics. However, after moving to Gensokyo, youkai were unbound from this system, and became capable of changing on their own), Power Bestowal, Corruption (Youkai are unaffected by the Hourai elixir, which grants immortality and taints the drinker with impurity), Fear Manipulation, Sense Manipulation (Youkai are unaffected by the passive auras of other youkai), Extreme Heat (Youkai are not affected by heatstroke), Poison Manipulation (Can withstand the effects of the Forest of Magic, which is filled with poisonous spores in the air. Can survive in Former Hell, where the air is more toxic than that of a geyser emitting poisonous air), Transmutation, Purification, Soul Manipulation (Can survive unscathed in Hell, which slowly crystalizes and purifies one's soul), Perception Manipulation, Transformation (Can withstand the effects of the Forest of Magic, which is filled with mushrooms that cause hallucinations in whoever comes near them and has the power to change the nature of anything living there), Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation (Unaffected by being near phantoms, which can passively change the emotions or slowly destroy the minds of anybody they come near), Death Manipulation (Can survive being near Yuyuko, whose mere touch can cause death and who passively causes all living things near her to die), and Soul Absorption (Survived Tenshi absorbing the souls of all living things across Gensokyo and various Otherworlds such as the Netherworld), Unconventional Resistance to Necromancy (Youkai do not leave corpses behind when beaten)
Additional abilities granted from Player System Cards: Time Stop (with Stopwatch), Soul Manipulation (with Soul Torch and Spell-Breaking Drug), Air Manipulation (with Tengu Fan), Poison Manipulation (with Spell-Breaking Drug), Power Nullification (with Spell-Breaking Drug), Space-Time Manipulation (with Yesterday's Money), Weather Manipulation (with Sword of Scarlet Perception), Healing (with Illness Recovery Charm), Ice Manipulation (with Frozen Frog), Chi Manipulation (with Dragon Star), Radiation Manipulation (with Control Rod), Invulnerability (with Three Heavenly Drops and Divine Raiment of the Dragon Fish), Summoning (with Catfish's Great Earthquake), and Statistics Amplification (with Tengu Fan, Left-Handed Folding Fan, and Control Rod)
Attack Potency: Universe level+, likely Low Multiverse level (Tengu are considered as having "top class" power in Gensokyo, making her one of the stronger youkai, and should thus be far superior to weaker youkai such as Doremy Sweet)
Striking Strength: Universal+, likely Low Multiversal
Durability: Universe level+, likely Low Multiverse level
Standard Equipment: Her fan, camera, and notebook.
- Optional Equipment: Abilities offered by Player System Cards.
Intelligence: Aya is quite intelligent and is extremely skilled, being one of the most experienced youkai in Gensokyo. She is also quite thoughtful and very hard-working.
Weaknesses: Aya is somewhat arrogant and prideful. She is also vulnerable to spiritual attacks.
Manipulating wind: Aya has the power to manipulate the wind, causing gales of incredible strength. She can also "listen" to the wind to collect rumors, a useful power given her job as a journalist.
- Domination Dash: Shrouding herself in the wind, Aya dashes forwards, with the wind around her deflecting most projectiles.
- Gale Fan: With a swing of her fan, Aya shapes the wind into blades.
- Gust Fan: Aya swings her fan to create a gust of wind.
- Maple Fan's Wind: Aya spins a tornado into existence and shoots it at her opponent, sweeping them into the air.
- Pelting in the Night: Aya calls in a murder of crows that swarm and attack her opponent.
- Tengu's Downburst: Aya touches down from the air to cause a powerful wind on contact with the ground, blowing her surroundings away.
- Tengu's Drumbeats: Aya tries to jump onto her opponent's head to stomp on them.
- Tengu's Gravel: Using the wind, Aya launches rocks in her surroundings into the sky and then brings them down on her opponent later.
- Tengu's Mist Standing: Aya creates a whirlwind that she can stand on.
- Tengu Tree-Felling: Aya flies up into the air and launches a burst of wind behind her.
- Wind Sickle Veiling: Aya armors herself in the wind and moves forwards, using the sharp winds around her to attack her opponent.
- Crow Sign "Daymare in the Dark Night": Aya calls upon a massive murder of crows that mobs her opponent.
- Demon Beast "Sickle Weasel Veiling": Aya shrouds herself with a protective armor of wind that slashes at opponents who get too close.
- Headwind "Route Forbidden to Man": Aya creates an intense wind that forces her opponent back and pelts them with flying objects.
- "Illusionary Dominance": Aya's signature Spell Card. After knocking her opponent into the air, Aya flies around at high speeds to strike them again and again.
- Squall "Sarutahiko's Guidance": Using the wind to propel herself at her top speeds, Aya dashes into her opponent.
- Thrust Sign "Tengu's Macroburst": While in the air, Aya fires a powerful series of wind shots downwards.
- Tornado "Guidepost for the Advent of the Divine Grandson": Aya shields herself with a large tornado that throws anyone caught in it into the sky.
- Whirl Sign "Maple Leaf Fan": Aya creates a large, vicious tornado that pulls her enemies into the sky.
- Wind Sign "Opening Wind of the Tengu Realm": With a single swing of her fan, Aya launches a cyclone at her opponent.
- Wind Sign "Tengu Newspaper Deadline Day": Aya greatly increases her speed with the power of the wind.
|Discussion threads involving Aya Shameimaru|