Ice melts in cascading waterfalls from jagged mountain peaks, pouring into rivers roaring white to the cold sea. Straightening slowly, like aged men, trees and fauna of the underbrush, now free of snow-weight, reach for the sun. It is spring; the world awakens from darkness and death to grow green again. Her hibernation ends. Coat wet with fresh rain, Artio, Goddess-Bear, roars into the chill morning air.
She is guardian of the cycle. Not the passage of time, but the balance of things. There is no spring without winter, no death without life, no darkness without light, no goodness without evil. Nature declares these opposites into law and Artio is the enforcer.
Among the ursine she runs, sometimes in the shape of a woman, lithe and wild, sometimes as a bear, brown and fierce. Nowhere in the forest do there stand shrines in her name, for Artio is less worshipped and more respected. Perhaps, instead, she looms overhead, a constant presence in the twinkle of the stars, a connection of glistening light; the constellation Ursa Major.
And now there is war. None could know peace without war, victory without defeat, glory without failure. Artio must join those that fight if only to enforce the cycle of things. Nothing and no one defies the laws of nature like a God.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 4-C, possibly Low 2-C
Name: Artio, The Bear Goddess
Age: Thousands of years old
Classification: Deity, Celtic Goddess
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Type 1, 2 and 4), Magic, Energy Manipulation and Projection, Plant Manipulation (Her druidic magic takes form in plant manipulation, via Entangling Vines), Life-Force Absorption and Healing (Via Energy Surge, can absorb the life-force of enemies and share it with her allies, and Life Tap for herself), Matter Manipulation (Can cause an enemy's armor to decompose), Sound Manipulation (Via Ferocious Roar), Shapeshifting (Can turn into a bear and switch back to her human form), Transformation (Can switch between her constellation and human form) Statistics Amplification (Via Shapeshift), Telepathy (Gods can hear and sense the prayers of mortals in their mind), Limited Flight (Levitates when using Life Tap), Expert Fighter, Weapon Mastery
Attack Potency: At least Large Star level, possibly Universel+ (Comparable to other regular gods. Exists as the constellation Ursa Major)
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Can keep up with the likes of other regular gods)
Lifting Strength: At least Stellar (Comparable to other gods)
Striking Strength: At least Large Star Class, possibly Universal+ (Can fight and harm other gods)
Durability: At least Large Star level, possibly Universe level+ (Can endure powerful strikes from the likes of other regular gods)
Stamina: Unknown, possibly Limitless
Range: Standard melee range, extended melee range with her staff and as a bear, dozens of meters via Energy Projection
Standard Equipment: Her Staff, Starter/Core Items
Intelligence: Very High due to being a deity
Weaknesses: None notable
- Decompose: Enemy gods hit by Artio's Druid or Bear damaging abilities will begin to decompose. This effect decreases their Physical and Magical Protections. This effect stacks.
- Energy Surge/Maul Prey: Druid: Artio pulses out a strong wave of energy that damages enemies. She will heal herself and allies within 65 units for each enemy god hit by this ability.Bear Form: Artio slashes twice with her claws, damaging enemies with each swipe.
- Entangling Vines/Ferocious Roar: Druid Form: Artio creates a thicket of vines around herself that cripples enemy gods and decreases their Magical or Physical Power as long as they are in the area. Bear Form: Artio lets out a ferocious roar that Stuns all nearby enemies and increases her own Physical and Magical Protections for 4s.
- Life Tap/Heavy Charge: Druid Form: Artio channels for 2s, draining the life from enemies. While channeling she deals damage up to 5 times and heals herself up to 5 times. Each hit increasingly Slows enemies and enemies hit all 5 times are Rooted for 1s. Bear Form: Artio charges forward at an increased movement speed for 3s. Enemies she charges through take damage and are Slowed for 2s.
- Shapeshift: Active: Artio Shapeshifts between her Druid stance and Bear stance. Passive: Every time Artio hits at least 1 enemy with an ability she gains 1 stack of Invigoration. Invigoration stacks increase her Movement Speed and MP5. Stacks last 4s, and stack up to 8 times.