|“||I will fight you... fair and square.||„|
|~ Sir Arthur|
Sir Arthur is the main protagonist of the Ghosts 'n Goblins franchise created by Capcom in 1985. He is a valiant knight faced with fending off legions of the undead and various other supernatural creatures. Arthur has bravely and valiantly faced powerful demon lords, such as Astaroth, Lucifer and Sardius, and lived to tell about it. Ultimately, he is the protector and rescuer of his beloved princess Prin-Prin.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 6-A, likely higher with his strongest armors and the Goddess' Bracelet
Name: Sir Arthur
Origin: Ghosts 'n Goblins
Classification: Human, Knight
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery, Non-Physical Interaction (Can destroy ghosts with his weapons), Hammerspace (Can throw out unlimited amount of weapons from nowhere. Can also increase his inventory via Kitted Out skill), Double Jump (As seen in Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts), Holy Manipulation, Magic (Can perform magic skills without using a stronger armor as seen in Resurrection. Infused his weapons with magic before the events of Ghouls 'n Ghosts), Flight (Via Dragon Shield and Angelic Armor), Energy Manipulation (Via Shield Magic), Fire Manipulation (Via Torch, Holy Water and Fire Crossbow), Electricity Manipulation (Via Electric Whip/Crossbow), Explosion Manipulation (Via Bombs), Darkness Manipulation (Via Dark/Cursed Armor), Healing (Can absorb attacks to heal himself via Demon Shield), Homing Attack (Via Swallow Blade), Shockwave Manipulation (Via Hammer), Statistics Amplification (Can increase his stats via various armors and items), Resistance to Soul Manipulation (As seen in the opening of Ghouls 'n Ghosts)
Electricity/Weather Manipulation and Danmaku (Via Thunderstorm), Fire Manipulation (Via Fire Dragon, Inferno Magic and Firewall), Summoning (Via Fire and Thunder Dragon Magic), Explosion Manipulation (Via Nuclear Magic), Air Manipulation (Via Tornado Magic), Forcefield Creation (Via Mirror Magic), Light Manipulation, Enhanced Senses and Extrasensory Perception (Via Treasure Eye/Seek Magic), Duplication, Illusion Creation and Astral Projection (Via Doppelganger), Resurrection (Via Resurrection Magic), Time Manipulation/Stop (Can slow and stop time via Time Magic), Statistics Amplification (Via Boxer Boxers and Quickening), Earth Manipulation (Via Emboulden), Transmutation (Via Transmogrifrog), Petrification (Via Medusa), Thread Manipulation (Via Umbral Net), Cloth Manipulation (Via Armormend), Transformation (Via Red Arremer), Durability Negation against Red Arremers (Via Dead Arremer),
Double Jump (Via Leap Boot in Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins), Cloth Manipulation (Can equip the Angelic Armor via Angel Feather), Damage Reduction (Can halve the damage he takes via Knight Soul), Statistics Amplification (Can upgrade his weaponry to increase the area of effect and double his damage output via Blue/Red Power-Ups. Can slightly increase his agility via Steed Soul), Teleportation (Via Warp Staff), Energy Manipulation/Projection (Via Psycho Cannon), Fire Manipulation (Via Goddess' Bracelet)
Intangibility, Immortality (Type 7), Flight (By themselves. Kerry can also pick up Arthur and carry him around, pick up items and bring them to him), Energy Projection (Can shoot energy projectiles to attack enemies), Forcefield Creation (Barry can summon a magic barrier around Arthur, allowing him to damage any enemies who touch it), Platform Creation (Archie can create a magic platform for Arthur to traverse, which deals damage to any enemies that touch it)
Attack Potency: Multi-Continent level (Defeated demon kings such as Astaroth, Lucifer and Hades in both his base and strongest form), likely higher with his strongest armors and Goddess' Bracelet (His armors increase his strength. The Goddess' Bracelet was the only weapon that could defeat Sardius, who is stronger than Astaroth)
Striking Strength: Multi-Continent Class, likely higher
Stamina: Very high (Can go on adventures battling hordes of demons and evil monsters while traversing many landscapes without fatigue, even twice in each of his journeys)
Range: Extended melee range w/ his sword. Dozens of meters w/ weapons
Intelligence: Above Average (Is a great swordsman and can use many different weapons with ease. Can easily find out enemies' weaknesses such as Astaroth's lower face in his abdomen and Hades/Shielder's heads. Stated to have prepared for Lucifer's invasion by improving his weapons by infusing magic power into them)
Weaknesses: His armor can be destroyed with enough damage (up to four hits in game mechanics), leaving him in his underwear.
- Thunderstorm: Also known as Thunder Magic, Arthur holds his fist into the air as a lightning bolt comes from the sky and strikes it, summoning three other lightning bolts around him in four directions. Upgrading it will summon a few more lightning bolts in several directions, making a skill more lethal.
- Doppelganger: Also known as Double Magic, Arthur can create an astral clone of himself to temporarily aid him in battle. When upgraded, Arthur is capable of increasing the number of copies.
- Treasure Eye: Also known as Seek Magic, Arthur can use this magic skill to reveal all treasure chests near his position if any, even though it has no combat use.
- Exploding Magic: Arthur causes a massive explosion around himself that obliterates every enemy on-screen.
- Thunder Dragon Magic: Arthur can create a thunder dragon to stop airborne enemies, being weaker than Fire Dragon Magic.
- Lightning Magic: Arthur releases beams of lightning in several directions at once when using Axe while wielding the Golden Armor, unlike Thunderstorm.
- Tornado Magic: Arthur can generate two tornadoes as they come out from his position and go across the whole screen.
- Shield Magic: Arthur can summon three energy orbs temporarily that surround him to protect him and they harm enemies on contact. Another version has him creating two barriers that make him invincible.
- Mirror Magic: Arthur can create a mirror that protects him from projectiles in-front of him.
- Fireball Magic: Arthur can fire four fireballs outwards in a whirlpool-like fashion when using Torch while wearing the Golden Armor.
- Nuclear Magic: Arthur can create a large energy sphere above him, which splits in two blasts that move straight to the left and right.
- Inferno Magic: Arthur can shoot a straight line of magical fire forward from his hands.
- Fire Dragon Magic: Arthur can summon a giant blue, fiery dragon that circles around the screen counter-clockwise, obliterating most of the enemies.
- Firewall: Arthur can summon two moving walls of flame on both sides of him. When upgraded, flame walls will grow up taller in size.
- Emboulden: Arthur can temporarily turn himself into a boulder, allowing him to roll around in order to crush enemies. When upgraded, attack power and time before reverting back is increased.
- Quickening: Arthur can increase his movement speed for a short period of time. When upgraded, it will last longer.
- Transmogrifrog: Arthur can turn all enemies on the screen into defenseless frogs for a short period of time. When upgraded, he can also affect stronger enemies.
- Medusa: Arthur can turn all enemies on the screen into stone statues by summoning Medusa, making them climbable as platforms. Enemies defeated in this state sometimes drop items for Arthur to use. When upgraded, it will last longer and affect stronger enemies.
- Umbral Net: Arthur can cast a giant magic net which catches all Umbral Bees and Money Bees on the screen.
- Armormend: Arthur can restore his armor when in boxers and even turn it into Golden Armor when using the Knight Armor.
- Boxer Boxers: Arthur can triple the power of his first attack after being stripped down to his boxers.
- Kitted Out: Arthur can increase his inventory space to carry more weapons, which can be switched between on the fly. When upgraded, the inventory space will be further increased.
- Resurrection: When killed, Arthur can resurrect himself via a magic spell as seen in Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins (where it's known as Resurrection Magic). In Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection, he can use it to grant himself a chance of being revived after falling in battle.
- Quick Cast: A passive spell that allows Arthur to drastically reduce the charge time of his magic spells.
- Dead Arremer: Arthur can shoot a holy projectile, which eradicates the Red Arremers to eliminate them quickly. Seems to only work on them.
- Red Arremer: Arthur can transform into a Red Arremer, allowing him to shoot fireballs from his mouth and fly around as seen in Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection.
|Discussion threads involving Arthur|