Daughter of Zeus and Leto, Artemis and her twin brother Apollo are products of Zeus' infidelity to his wife Hera. Insulted, Hera cursed Leto while she was pregnant, forbidding her to give birth on land or sea. Fortunately, she found an island that did not touch the ocean floor, so it was neither land nor sea, and thus bore her children. Artemis was born first, then miraculously aided as a midwife in the birthing of her brother.
Artemis spent her childhood in the hills and forests, training with her bow and hunting beasts. As she grew older and more beautiful, she also grew proud and ruthless when slighted or dishonored, especially against those that claimed to be better hunters than she. Adonis boasted this very thing and Artemis sent a wild boar to skewer him. The twin demigods Otos and Ephialtes, who could not be killed except by each other, threatened to kidnap Artemis and force her to marry one of them but were tricked when Artemis, appearing as a doe, dashed between them. As they thrust with their spears they impaled each other. Finally, Actaeon, after peeping at Artemis while she bathed, was transformed into a stag and devoured by his hunting dogs. Such is the wrath of Artemis.
Her name is invoked by hunters seeking prey and by midwives during childbirth. Sacrifices are made in her name before a new military campaign. Adolescent girls are sent to her shrine to serve for one year. Beautiful, deadly, and chaste, Artemis is a focused woman and a fearsome warrior.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 4-C, possibly Low 2-C
Name: Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt
Age: Thousands of years old
Classification: Deity, Greek Goddess, Goddess of the Hunt
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Type 1, 2 and 4), Energy Manipulation and Projection (Can imbue her weapons with divine energy and project it by herself), Plant Manipulation (Via Transgressor's Fate, can trap her enemies with plants), Animal Manipulation and Telepathy (Via Calydonian Boar, can command and communicate with animals. Can summon the Calydonian Boar to attack her enemies), Curse Manipulation and Transmutation (Cursed Acteon to turn him into a slag), Statistics Amplification (Via Vengeful Assault), Shapeshifting (Can turn into animals), Expert Combattant, Weapon Mastery
Attack Potency: At least Large Star level, possibly Universe level+ (Comparable to other regular deities)
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Capable to keep up with other regular gods)
Lifting Strength: At least Stellar (Comparable to other deities)
Striking Strength: At least Large Star Class, possibly Universal+ (Can harm the likes of other regular gods)
Durability: At least Large Star level, possibly Universe level+ (Can take hits from other regualr gods)
Stamina: Unknown, possibly Infinite
Range: Standard melee range, dozens of meters with arrows
Standard Equipment: Her Bow, Arrows, Starter/Core Items
Intelligence: Very High due to being a deity
Weaknesses: None notable
- Still Target: Artemis deals 15% increased Basic Attack damage to gods and 30% to minions who are afflicted by Crowd Control.
- Transgressor's Fate: Artemis places a trap on the ground. Enemy gods coming within 5 units of her traps activate them, Rooting and Crippling the enemy god, preventing movement abilities and dealing damage every second for 3s.
- Vengeful Assault: Artemis attacks at a furious pace, increasing her Attack and Movement Speed significantly.
- Surprise the Isolent: Artemis fires a volley into a ground target, suppressing all of her enemies. Enemies caught within the volley are damaged and are Slowed.
- Calydonian Boar: Artemis summons the great Calydonian Boar on her enemies, doing damage to the nearest enemy god and Stunning them, and itself. The boar is immune until he hits the first god and then continues to charge other gods for its lifetime. Artemis is also immune to Crowd Control for 1.5s.