|“||The pattern on its belly is for intimidation. It constricts foes when they are frozen in fear.||„|
Arbok is a serpentine Pokémon that resembles a cobra. It has narrow eyes and several sharp teeth. Just below its head is a large hood with a face-like pattern. This pattern has over 20 possible variations. The pattern typically has two red and yellow eyespots outlined in black, a wide black streak resembling an upturned mouth, and a black V-shaped stripe above the eyespots.
Arbok is capable of crushing opponents by coiling its body around them and squeezing them tightly. It can even flatten steel oil drums. If it encounters an enemy, it raises its head, mimics, and stuns the opponent using the frightening pattern on its body. It can also make eerie sounds by expelling air from its mouth. It has been stated that if any part of Arbok's body except for the head is cut off, it can regrow the rest of its body again in a matter of a few weeks. It also has the ability to detect vibrations as shown in the anime. Arbok has been known to be capable of spending long periods underwater and surviving in aquatic environments. One particular Arbok could change its pattern at any time to increase power to different stats and get invulnerability to status conditions, if the pattern is uncovered.
Arbok is territorial. It lashes out at intruders with long fangs tipped with deadly venom. Vengeful in nature, it will not give up a chase once it targets its prey or an opponent, no matter how far. It makes its home in grassy savannas and plains. In the wild, it hunts smaller Pokémon. First it uses the pattern on its hood to immobilize prey, then it begins constricting them, and finally poisons the target to finish them off and eat them. It is also capable of paralyzing opponents with its former signature move, Glare.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 8-A | 7-A
Name: Ekans | Arbok
Gender: Male or Female (1 female to 1 male)
Classification: Snake Pokémon | Cobra Pokémon
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Poison Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Statistics Reduction, Statistics Amplification, Status Effect Inducement, Limited Smoke Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, Acid Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Power Nullification, Healing, Metal Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, Non-Physical Interaction, Resistance to Poison Manipulation, Plant Manipulation, Magic, Bug-type and Fighting-type moves | All of the previous abilities, plus Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Regeneration (Low-Mid; Arbok can regenerate as long as its head is intact), Enhanced Senses (Can sense vibrations in the ground to locate others)
Striking Strength: Multi-City Block Class+ | Mountain Class+
Durability: Multi-City Block level+ | Mountain level+
Range: Standard melee range, hundreds of meters with most attacks | Standard melee range, tens of kilometers with most attacks
Standard Equipment: Berry (Recovers 10 HP) | Berry and Poison Barb (Poison-type moves deal 20% more damage)
- Intimidate: Arbok intimidates opposing Pokémon upon entering battle, lowering their Attack stat.
- Shed Skin: Arbok may heal its own status conditions by shedding its skin.
- Unnerve: Unnerves opposing Pokémon and makes them unable to eat Berries.
- Frighten: It intimidates the target, lowering its speed and range.
- Wrap: Ekans wraps its body around the opponent.
- Leer: Ekans gives opposing Pokémon an intimidating leer that lowers the Defense stat.
- Poison Sting: Ekans fires multiple purple needles from its mouth at the opponent, having a high chance to poison the target.
- Bite: Ekans bites down with its mouth.
- Glare: Ekans glares at the opponent and its eyes flash different colors, making the opponent paralyzed,
- Screech: Ekans opens its mouth and shrieks loudly, causing white shockwaves to come out from its mouth, lowering the target's defense.
- Acid: Ekans spits a black or purple acid from its mouth at the opponent and it may lower the target's Special defense.
- Stockpile: Ekans charges up power and raises both its Defense and Sp. Def. stats. The move can be used only three times.
- Swallow: The power stored using the move Stockpile is absorbed by the user to heal its HP. Storing more power heals more HP, it resets Stockpile.
- Spit Up: The power stored using the move Stockpile is released at once in an attack. The more power is stored, the greater the move's power, it resets Stockpile.
- Acid Spray: Ekans spits fluid that works to melt the target. This harshly lowers the target's Special Defense stat.
- Mud Bomb: Ekans opens its mouth and fires a ball of brown mud at the opponent, having a chance of lowering the target's accuracy.
- Gastro Acid: Ekans hurls up its stomach acids on the target. The fluid eliminates the effect of the target's Ability.
- Belch: Ekans lets out a damaging belch at the target. Ekans must eat a held Berry to use this move.
- Haze: Ekans creates a haze that eliminates every stat change (such as speed amplifications) among all the opponents engaged in battle.
- Coil: Ekans coils up and concentrates. This raises its Attack and Defense stats as well as its accuracy.
- Gunk Shot: Ekans shoots filthy garbage at the target to attack. This may also poison the target.
- Toxic: A move that leaves the target badly poisoned. Its poison damage worsens every turn, it cannot miss when it is used by Ekans.
- Slam: Ekans uses its tail to hit the opponent.
- Poison Jab: Ekans' tail glows purple than it uses to hit the target, it may poison the target.
All of the previous moves
- Crunch: Arbok crunches down on the opponent with dark energy. It has a chance to lower the defense of the opponent.
- Ice Fang: Arbok bites with cold-infused fangs. This may also make the target flinch or leave it frozen.
- Thunder Fang: Arbok bites with electrified fangs. This may also make the target flinch or leave it with paralysis.
- Fire Fang: Arbok bites with flame-cloaked fangs. This may also make the target flinch or leave it with a burn.
Key: Ekans | Arbok