Arale Norimaki (則巻アラレ, Norimaki Arare) is a robot built by Senbei Norimaki that looks like a little girl. She is known for her naivety, energetic personality, lack of common sense, and amazingly unbelievable strength. Among her strength, she can use abilities that range from the terrain splitting Chikyūwari (Earth Chop) to the beam-like Nchahou (N'cha Cannon). She is nearsighted and needs to wear glasses. Senbei Norimaki's mission is to convince the other citizens of Penguin Village that she is just a normal human girl. It seems to work, despite her superhuman athletic ability.
She has long, bluish-purple hair in the original manga and anime series, but has dark-brown hair in the 1997 Dr. Slump anime. Like the name of the other major characters (senbei), Arale is a pun on the name for a bite-sized rice cracker (arare), and with the family name ("Norimaki Arare") it refers to a sort of arare wrapped with nori seaweed.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 4-C, higher with N'cha Cannon. Up to 3-B with the Reality Machine | 3-A, higher with N'cha Cannon
Name: Arale Norimaki (Often refer as "Arale-chan" by fans)
Gender: Sexless, regarded as female
Age: 0 to 1 (Early Series) | Around 1 (Late Series) | 10 to 11 (10 year time skip) | Around 30 (DBS)
Classification: Android, Ultimate Creation of Senbei Norimaki, Student, Mayor of Penguin Village
Powers and Abilities:
All previous abilities
All previous resistances
Attack Potency: Star level (Punctured the Sun), higher via N'cha Cannon (A volley of Arale's punches does absolutely nothing to a meteor, while a blast from her and Gatchan completely annihilated it). Up to Multi-Galaxy (Via the Reality Machine; This has created multiple solar systems and a replica of the kai world from Dragonball). Arale has Durability Negation with various abilities | Universe level (Despite not taking anything serious at all, she fought on par with post Future Trunks Arc Super Saiyan Blue Goku, and was considered incredibly strong by both him and Vegeta), higher via N'cha Cannon. Arale has Durability Negation with various abilities
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Went to Saturn within a few seconds, ran across the world multiple times in seconds, flew to the moon and back by farting, etc) | Massively FTL+ (Fought on par with post future trunks arc super saiyan blue Goku; At least 490 quintillion c, likely far higher)
Lifting Strength: At least Class Y (Knocked a giant meteor away with her physical force, and it turned out to be the moon. She also jumped and caused the Earth to smash into Venus) | At least Class Y
Durability: Star level. possibly Multi-Galaxy level (Cracked the Sun and survived. Withstood the destruction and collapse of a pocket dimension, which contained a replica of the kai world from Dragonball) | Universe level
Stamina: Superhuman (As long as her battery is charged, she has limitless stamina. Her battery has an inconsistent limit, but in situations the battery doesn't seem to affect her. Such as when the plot took place in prehistoric times, where that technology didn't exist yet)
Range: Standard melee range. Interplanetary with her abilities. Intergalactic with the Reality Machine. | Standard melee range. Universal with her abilities.
Intelligence: Genius (Arale can build devices, such as a additional head. She also helped Senbei build a space cruiser type ship in around a day. Arale's knowledge permeates to a broad range of skills as well, including persuasion, stealth, marksmanship, weapon and vehicular usage, etc. However, she is very naive and lacks common sense most of the time)
- Earth-Splitter: Arale punches the ground beneath her, causing the planet to split in half.
- Watermelon/Pumpkin Cannon: A "technique" that Arale uses several times as a prank on Senbei. She loads a cannon with a pumpkin or a watermelon and fires it at her target, usually wearing a kunoichi outfit while doing so.
- Woohoo!: Arale picks up a large boulder and throws it at her opponent.
- Kiiin!: Arale runs at extreme speeds of up to 500 miles per hour while shouting 'kiiin', onomatopoeic for the sound of a speeding airplane.
- Mach Move: An aerial variation of Kiiin! where Arale flies off to increase her speed.
- Arale Kick: Arale runs after her target and does a dropkick.
- Headbutt: Arale lunges upward at her airborne target, headbutting the foe in the torso with very powerful force. This technique is capable of sending the average person flying for hundreds of miles.
- Playing Pro-Wrestling: A combination of the Arale Kick and Headbutt, followed by a beam fired by the Gatchans. With no effort at all with this attack, she tossed General Blue to the deserts.
- Arale Kick: Arale runs after her target and does a dropkick.
- Headbutt: Arale lunges upward at her airborne target, headbutting the foe in the torso with a very powerful force. This technique is capable of sending the average person flying for hundreds of miles.
- N'cha Cannon: Arale's secret weapon. N'cha cannon is a very powerful beam shot from the mouth. To use it, Arale takes a deep breath before yelling out her signature greeting, "N'cha!" (or another greeting, on a rare occasion) very loudly. Though this is devastating, using it repeatedly, or when low in battery power, can drain her energy supply and render her immobile.
- 100x N'cha Cannon: A much more powerful N'cha Cannon prepared by Arale in Dragon Ball Super, however she did not get the chance to use the attack as she was interrupted by Whis and Beerus's arrival.
- Ncha!: Arale takes a deep breath before yelling out her signature greeting, "N'cha!" Ncha!
- Feminine Allure: Described under her talents in the Dr. Slump Ho-yo-yo Resume extra. She comically refers to having it all the time.
- Hikou: The ability to fly without the use of ki used by Androids.
- Ki Blast: The most basic form of energy attack.
- Poop Toss: A technique where Arale pulls out some Poop on a stick and flings it at the opponent with the chance of inflicting Shock status.
- Pure Heart: As Arale is pure-hearted, she is able to ride Goku's Flying Nimbus and is immune to the effects of the Devilmite Beam and Psidevilmite Beam.
- Home Run: Knockback boost which increases how far knockbacked opponents fly.
- Transformation: A "technique" that Arale uses to "transform" into her "alter-ego", Ultra-Man. She demonstrates this ability by turning on a flashlight and saying "Ultra-Man! Schwaaa!" before changing her clothes into a spandex superhero jumpsuit, and then repeating "Schwaaa!"
Key: Dr. Slump | Dragon Ball Super
|Discussion threads involving Arale Norimaki|