|“||"For nobody to ever see", huh... I think that would be fine. Did you become a scientist because you wanted others to see the results of your research? Of course, it's possible for the results of research to save many people. That research seeks to accomplish something. That's perfectly fine, too. However... Litchi. You've forgotten something important. What's the true duty of a scientist?||„|
|~ Roy to Litchi about the duty of a scientist: fulfill your own sense of curiosity|
Arakune, known as a human as Lotte Carmine and nicknamed as Roy, is a former scientist for the 7th Agency, who turned into a grotesque monster with an obsession for the Blue. He is a playable character in the BlazBlue series.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-B | Low 6-B | At least Low 6-B, possibly Low 5-B
Name: Arakune, Lotte Carmine, Roy
Classification: Liquid Seithr Element, Former Human, Scientist and Alchemist
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Self-Sustenance (Type 1, 2 and 3; Lacks the need for sustenance due to being a being made of seithr), Stealth Mastery, Alchemy User, Limited Glyph Creation (Can create glyphs when unleashing his power), Natural Weaponry, Acausality (Type 1; Thanks to the EWI, he's unaffected by the effects from a Phenomena Intervention, which can reset an entire timeline), Psychometry (Alchemists are capable of gathering information on their surroundings as shown in Xblaze), Status Effect Inducement (Can slow down people with webs), Teleportation (via If P then Q), Shapeshifting (Can change the shape of his body), Inorganic Physiology (Type 1), Energy Projection, Cloud Manipulation (Can make a toxic cloud to inflict upon his foes), Technology Manipulation (Seithr itself is capable of messing with the technology of the NOL and sector seven), Non-Physical Interaction (Can hit Izanami), Intangibility (Is made of liquid Seithr), Curse Manipulation (Can inflict foes with a curse to be assaulted by insects), Insect Manipulation, Summoning, Invisibility (Can cloak itself), Life Manipulation (Is Seithr itself, which can give a seed life and sentience), Extrasensory Perception (Capable of sensing souls, life and Azure), Clairvoyance (Scaling from Litchi who can see future by blackouts), Poison Manipulation, Madness Manipulation, Biological Manipulation and Statistics Reduction (Is made of seithr, which is poisonous, can induce addiction and deteriorate bodies, as well as the power of others), Statistics Amplification (Scaling from Litchi who can draw power from boundary), BFR (Sent Litchi into the boundary when he absorbed her), Telepathy (Can read memories of the people he absorbs), Memory Manipulation (Consumed Litchi's memories), Resurrection (Like Terumi, he is capable of observing himself), Absorption (Can absorb the seithr around him, as well as absorb others including souls), Regeneration (High-Mid due to his liquid body, Mid-Godly with Resurrection; Scaling from Terumi who can come back from Time Killer), Immortality (Type 1, 3 and 9; His soul exist in the boundary and Arakune is just a temporary body to exist in the timeline), Power Absorption (Can absorb techniques, experiences and powers), Regeneration Negation (Up to Mid-Godly), Air Manipulation (Via Burst)
Resistant to following: Transmutation (As a chosen, he's unaffected by the Embryo's effect to turn everything into seithr), Paralysis Inducement (Could fight Hakumen without getting paralyzed), Poison Manipulation, Madness Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, and Statistics Reduction (Everybody can resist Seithr to some extent which is poisonous, can induce addiction and deteriorate bodies as well as reducing the power of others), Life Manipulation and Absolute Zero (Tanked Yukianesa), Healing and Regeneration Negation and Fear Manipulation (Is capable of fighting against Ragna numerous times with the Azure, which can inflict soul damage beyond the help of a multiversal entity, and negate any form of Recovery, is also unfazed by his passive fear hax), Soul Manipulation (His soul is in the Boundary), Phenomena Intervention (Type 2; Has possession of an EWI, which while unstable, gives resistance to phenomena intervention and he is outside of Logic), Physics Manipulation (Could tanks blows from Azrael, who is so strong that he bends and breaks physics whenever he strikes), Radiation Manipulation (Can cancel out radioactive substances due to being a being made of seithr), Heat Manipulation (Is unfazed by the intense heat from a cauldron), Power Nullification (Is able to use his powers despite Kushinada's Lynchpin being activated), Explosion Manipulation and Spatial Manipulation (Was able to withstand Bolverk, which can pierce through space), Chaos Manipulation (Can resist boundary which turns everything to spiraling chaos), Corruption (It took 60 days for Boundary to corrupt him), Law Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Water Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Light Manipulation and Darkness Manipulation (Is an incomplete Black Beast) and Corrosion Inducement (Can resist getting corroded by Cauldron)
Attack Potency: Small City level (Gave Tager some serious trouble) | Small Country level+ (Can keep up with CP Kagura and Ragna) | At least Small Country level+, possibly Small Planet level (Stronger than before. Comparable to the likes of Bang and kept up with a depowered CF Ragna, is also able to become another Black Beast with sufficient amount of Seithr absorbed into him)
Lifting Strength: Class 5 (Able to lift himself who can be 1000kg and comparable to Tager) | Class T | Class T
Striking Strength: Small City Class | Small Country Class+ | At least Small Country Class+, possibly Small Planet Class
Durability: Small City level | Small Country level+ | At least Small Country level+, possibly Small Planet level
Stamina: High. Able to fight while having his body, mind and soul sucked into the Boundary.
Range: Tens of Meters normally, higher with curse and beam, Low Multiversal with BFR (Can send someone into the Boundary when he consumes them)
- Event Weapon Imitation: An imitation of the Arch-Enemy Event Weapon created through the power of science by Kokonoe. Its resistance to Phenomena Intervention is unstable, and Kokonoe continues adjusting it.
Intelligence: Genius before. Almost animalistic now.
Weaknesses: He gets slowly sucked into the boundary as the time continues, however this is not combat applicable given how long it took for him to be completely consumed.
- Crimson: Drive attacks curse the opponent, recognizable by a pair of rings orbiting their body. When cursed, Arakune can summon bugs that fly in from offscreen and attack the opponent.
- Crimson Depths: An amp that increase the effects of the curse.
- n factorial: Arakune hits the opponent goes underneath them and wraps them up. Arakune then squishes up and down a few times and then releases the opponenet.
- If P then Q: Arakune teleports to any space within a reasonable range, escaping opponent's attacks and rushes.
- Equals 0: Arakune become transparent, practically invisible. Arakune becomes visible again if he hits anything or is hit.
- y, two-dash: Spinning tentacle air special. Arakune spins in the air like a electric fan while hitting the opponent.
- Permutation, n, r: Arakune summons a giant spider from above that curses the opponent when hit.
- a±b: A new cloud that Arakune can only summon during curse, it looks like a homing cloud, but travels faster and slows down any and all of the opponent’s horizontal movement to a crawl. Lasts until either curse ends or Arakune takes a hit.
- Zero Vector: The curse clouds. There are three variations of the cloud that comes out: One is spherical in shape and follows opponent until reaching ground level while remaining right in front of them. Another is shaped like a cloud and will follow opponent while remaining over their head. The last is a ring that will appear around Arakune and follow him.
- Wall Teleport: When Arakune is right next to the corner it is possible to disappear then reappear on the opposite side of the opponent's view.
- f inverse: Arakune transforms into a flower-like entity then fires a huge energy beam, aiming above.
- f of g: Are creates a pit made out of seithr on the floor, trapping the opponent.
- f equals: Arakune transforms to a giant grotesque butterfly then summons a massive flying centipede, attacking the opponent with it.
- n to infinity: Arakune will morph into his eyeball form and lunge at the opponent, and if the hit connects, it shows the opponent struggling with spider webs tying their feet. Eyeballs will appear, and centipedes and other dark bugs will cover the screen. The attack ends with a void, completely empty of anything.
Key: Calamity Trigger/Continuum Shift | Chronophantasma | Central Fiction