|“||The battle for the realm of light... is not won. Thanks to Terra and Mickey, I know what's at stake. I'm not afraid. I will face the long darkness. The next time someone wanders into the realm of darkness, I'll be here. A light to cut through all the shadows. I will be their wayfinder. And one day, I'll return to Terra and Ven. I am Master Aqua. And that's a promise.||„|
|~ Aqua's vow to her friends|
Aqua is a Keyblade Wielder who trained under Master Eraqus alongside her friends Ventus and Terra. The only one among the trio to be named a Keyblade Master, she is entrusted by Eraqus to monitor both of her friends after they leave the Land of Departure, but finds herself torn between her duties and her feelings of friendship.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 4-C | Possibly 3-A
Origin: Kingdom Hearts
Age: 18 (KHBbS), technically 29 in KHIII (Aqua didn't age in this timeframe)
Classification: Human, Keyblade Wielder and Master, One of the Seven Guardians of Light
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Energy Projection, Time Manipulation (In the form of slowing down and stopping time), Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Earth Manipulation (Via Terra's D-Link which has the Landbreaker technique that allows the user to break the ground), Explosion Manipulation (Via Explosion and Mega Flare), Magnetism Manipulation (Via Magnega), Gravity Manipulation (Via Zero Gravity and Transcendence), Invisibility (Via Vanish), Damage Boost (Can restore her own Focus Gauge by taking damage, Her reprisals after blocking deal more damage via Critical Counter, Her reprisals deal 50% more damage via Reprisal Boost), Afterimage Creation, Elemental Manipulation, Light Manipulation (Can use several light based attacks as a warrior of light), Darkness Manipulation (Via Ghost Drive), Plant Manipulation (Via Snow White's D-Link which has the Sweet Memory technique that can create twisters of flowers that attack enemies), Portal Creation (The Keyblade can create portals), Telekinesis (Can automatically collect nearby prizes and items via Treasure Magnet, Can yank out munny, health and D-Link prizes from her enemies via Munny Magnet, Energy Magnet and D-Link Magnet), Damage Reduction (Via Damage Control which halves the damage she takes if she's at low health, Via Donald's D-Link which has the Shell ability that can reduce damage from Magic attacks by 50%, Via Goofy's D-Link which has the Protect ability that can reduce damage from physical attacks by 50%), Teleportation, Enhanced Senses (Has a "map" in her head (While it could normally be dismissed as a game mechanic, the status effect in 358/2 Days that prevents access to it justifies it being an actual ability)), Dimensional Travel, Information Analysis (Via Scan which allows her to view her opponents Health), Telekinesis, Spatial Manipulation, Poison Manipulation (Via Poison and the Bio Barrage Shotlock), Healing (Via Curaga, D-Links and various items, Can heal herself by blocking attacks with the Renewal Barrier technique, Via Cinderella's D-Link which has the Regen ability), Resurrection (Her D-Link (Her power summoned by someone else) has the Auto-Life ability which revives the user with 25% of their health), Forcefield Creation, Size Manipulation (Minimizes enemies with Mini), Sleep Manipulation (Can put enemies to sleep via Sleep), Status Effect Inducement (Has a chance of stunning her opponents with Stun Edge, Can blind enemies via Blackout, Can inflict various status effects via Magic Pulse (Being confused, frozen, blinded or stunned)), Paralysis Inducement (Can bind enemies in place with bind), Confusion Inducement (Can confuse enemies with Confuse or the Chaos Snake Shotlock), Statistics Amplification (Via various Keychains, Can boost her stats tremendously via various Command Styles and D-Links, Defender increases Aqua's durability if she's at low health, Via Terra's D-Link which has the Overdrive ability that increases the user's strength if they have less than 25% of their health left, Can perform a strike that is three times stronger than usual via Wishing Edge), Instinctive Reaction (Her D-Link (Her power summoned by someone else) has the Magic Deflector ability which allows the user to occassionally automatically block elemental attacks, Via Terra's D-Link which has the Auto-Block ability that allows the user to automatically block frontal attacks, Via Ventus' D-Link which has the Auto-Counter ability that allows the user to automatically counterattack when blown away by an enemy attack, Via Zack's D-Link which has the Attack Deflector ability that allows the user to sometimes automatically guard when attacked), Master Keyblade Wielder, Aura (Via Spellweaver), Invulnerability (While healing herself (Via Leaf Bracer) or using the Teleport Spike technique), Teleportation, Power Bestowal (The user of a Keyblade can grant a variation of it to somebody else who is worthy of a Keyblade on purpose or accident by letting them touch it, Cast a spell on Kairi, which helped her find her special one), Transformation (Can change her Keyblade's form and abilities using Keychains, Can transform her Keyblade into a Keyblade Glider which allows for Flight and travel between worlds), Vehicular Mastery (Over the Keyblade Glider), Homing Attack (With most spells and Shotlocks), Chain Manipulation (Bound a Demon Tide in chains of light), Non-Physical Interaction (Can harm Heartless and also Nobodies), Regeneration Negation (Unknown, can harm Heartless in a fashion that prevents them from coming back), Possible Causality Manipulation (Possibly possesses the Power of Waking, which allowed for Sora to rewrite the entire timeline), Sound Manipulation (Via Rhythm Mixer), Is able to hold on in a fight after taking massive damage or being comboed via Second Chance and Once More, Immortality (Type 6. Can insert her "heart" into others to live indefinitely), Possession (The Keyblade allows its user to send their own "heart" free, which can then proceed to possess the target), Sealing/BFR (The Keyblade can seal things by locking the Keyhole of it, which includes pathways to other places), Sealing Negation (Keyblades can open the seals of multiple things, including the gates between "worlds"), Purification (It was heavily implied that the Keyblade could remove Calypso's curse of being bound in a mortal body, Esuna and Panacea allow Aqua to remove negative status effects from herself, Via Cinderella's D-Link which has the Auto-Remedy ability that passively removes negative status effects from the user), Immortality Negation (Types 5 and 8, The Keyblade is the only weapon capable of releasing the "hearts" of the Heartless, and it was shown that it also can destroy the skeletal forms of the pirates despite them being neither alive nor dead), Summoning (Can summon her main weapon and her Keyblade Armor, Via Snow White's D-Link which has the Sweet Seven technique that can summon colored gems that impact into enemies, Via Pete's D-Link which has the Rumble Rave technique that can summon Pete's race kart that he uses as Captain Dark, It also has the Fruit Shot technique which can summon a giant pineapple that bounces against the ground and bashes enemies, As Anti-Aqua she can summon a Demon Tower to assist her, restrain enemies and coordinate attacks), Telepathy (The Keyblade can react accordingly to what its user wants to do), Flight (The Keyblade is capable of Flight, Can fly by herself while using the Raging Storm spell or the Sky Climber Command Style), Duplication (As Anti-Aqua she can create doppelgangers that copy her movements and spells)
Elemental Manipulation (Fire, Ice, Lightning and Wind), Time Manipulation (Can break out of the Chrono Twister's Time Manipulation, the Keyblade grants a Resistance to Magic-based Time Stop, and she can move inside of the Realm of Darkness), Curse Manipulation, and Death Manipulation (Can resist Xehanort's Doom spell), Existence Erasure (Can take hits from Heartless, which can do this with any attack), Sleep Manipulation, Dream Manipulation, Statistics Reduction, and Power Nullification (Ventus' Keyblade Armor is what protected Sora from the darkness, and Keyblade Armor can resist all aspects of darkness), Absorption (Unaffected by Heartless, which passively kill and absorb things around them), Darkness Manipulation, Corruption, Cosmic Radiations, possible Possession (Keyblade Armor can protect the wearer from the corrupting darkness of the lanes between, it was implied that Terra would have been safe from Xehanort's possession with his Armor on), Data Manipulation (Ansem The Wise stated that the "heart" cannot be contained by data, and that the process itself would be incalculable), Madness Manipulation (Type 3), Mind Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation (The Realm of Darkness has been stated to eradicate existence itself within it, and anyone who's traveled there have never returned. Ansem by being in the Realm of Darkness was losing his sense of self and memories, having to give in to his hatred to survive. Aqua not long after being in the Realm of Darkness lost the will to continue, and needed to stay true to her friends to fight it)
Attack Potency: At least Large Star level (Bested Ventus-Vanitas, who at the time wielded an imperfect χ-Blade, an object presumably equal to a complete Kingdom Hearts, defeated both Hades and the Ice Titan who should both measure up to Zeus, is one of the most powerful magic users in the series rivaling the likes of those such as King Mickey and Maleficent) | Possibly Universe level (Comparable to Sora and when possessed by darkness, she was able to fight Riku and eventually Sora on even grounds)
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Managed to keep up with Vanitas and Terra-Xehanort in a duel, capable of traveling between worlds [Which each reside in different solar systems] in short periods of time, fought and defeated Monstro who vastly outpaced the Highwind in KH1 [The Highwind has been shown to be capable of travelling between worlds, which exist in different solar systems, in merely 130 seconds])
Lifting Strength: At least Class M
Striking Strength: At least Large Star Class (Countered strikes from and physically held her ground against Ventus-Vanitas and Terranort, even managing to overpower the former after an extended clash of Keyblades) | Possibly Universal
Durability: At least Large Star level (Survived the explosive destruction of the χ-Blade, which likely held power greater than that of even Twilight Xemnas) | Possibly Universe level
Stamina: High (Survived in the Realm of Darkness, which erodes the Heart, without the protection of Keyblade Armor and a Black Coat for an extended period of time, being assaulted by countless Heartless all the while)
Standard Equipment: Various recovery items such as Potions, Ethers, and Elixirs.
- Keyblade: By channeling one's strength of heart, the user can summon a Keyblade to use in battle. Through use of the Keyblade, the user is granted increased strength, speed, durability, and increased magical power. Aqua's Keyblade is Rainfell, a Keyblade from the Realm of Light. It lacks in reach but offers a balanced boost to both physical attacks and magical attacks. It is later transformed into the Stormfell, offering greater reach and even greater boosts to her attacks. After losing it and her armor upon failing to save Terra from Xehanort's influence, she begins wielding Eraqus's Keyblade, the Master's Defender, an even more potent Keyblade with excellent reach.
- Keyblade Armor: Normally kept as a simple shoulder plate when not in use, Aqua can activate it at any time by placing her hand on it, covering her from head to toe in a futuristic suit of armor with silver, black, navy-blue, and dun highlights. This suit of armor protects Aqua from the Darkness and attacks that would directly target the Heart (soul) in addition to letting her survive the vacuum of space. She lost it to Terra-Xehanort while trying to save Terra's heart, with it resting inside a hidden chamber in Castle Oblivion ever since.
Intelligence: The first among her friends to be recognized as a Keyblade Master, Aqua is an extremely accomplished Keyblade wielder. Specializing in the use of magic, Aqua gracefully dances around the battlefield while pelting foes with a variety of powerful spells, being arguably the most skilled Keyblade Wielder in the series short of Master Xehanort in this regard. She fights with almost dance-like grace, gliding and cartwheeling around the battlefield, utilizing unique variations of the common magic spells and specializing in the use of water, ice, and light in particular.
Weaknesses: None notable
- Command Styles: Command Styles are special forms that Aqua and her friends can use by repeatedly using specific types of attacks. Once activated, they provide a dramatic boost to their combat abilities and often imbue their attacks with elemental properties.
- Spellweaver: Aqua uses the power of light to telekinetically control her Keyblade and increase her magical power and attack range. Her finisher has her assault foes with balls of light as she attacks with her Keyblade and finishing foes with a pirouette that releases arcs of magic.
- Ghost Drive: Aqua's channels the power of darkness to drastically increase her speed and allow her to blitz opponents with swift rushing attacks and bursts of teleportation.
- Shotlocks: Shotlocks are powerful abilities that allow Aqua to lock on to multiple targets or focus on a single target before unleashing a powerful barrage of attacks on all of them, dealing massive damage in the process.
- Bubble Blaster: Aqua unleashes a torrent of bubbles from the tip of her Keyblade, dealing explosive water damage to all foes caught by them.
- Prism Rain: Aqua fires several salvos of colorful homing projectiles that converge on the target to deal heavy magic damage.
- Lightbloom: Aqua's most powerful Shotlock, she spins around while firing homing blasts of light in all directions, dealing massive damage to all foes caught by this attack.
Finishers and Exclusive Attacks
- Barrier: Unlike her friends, Aqua generates an omnidirectional barrier to block incoming attacks instead of blocking them with her Keyblade, leaving no blind spots.
- Barrier Surge: Aqua rushes forward while casting Barrier, deflecting incoming attacks and knocking aside foes in the process.
- Glacier: One of Aqua's strongest attacks, she flash freezes all nearby enemies before sending them skyward with an icy gust of wind.
- Magic Hour: Her single strongest attack, she teleports all around the field, diving onto foes and leaving behind devastating pillars of light that deal massive damage on contact.
- Raging Storm: Aqua's exclusive variation of Firaga, she generates three pillars of flame that rotate around her and deal damage to anyone who dares to approach her.
- Thundaga Shot: Fires a Thundaga spell concentrated into a fast-moving projectile.
- Bind: Locks the target in place, preventing them from moving from their current position.
- Blackout: Aqua completely blinds her foes to make it extremely difficult for them to land physical attacks or properly aim.
- Blizzaga: Aqua creates a sizable, spiked chunk of ice that deals heavy ice-elemental damage.
- Mini: Aqua shrinks her foes to the size of an ant, proportionally lowering their speed, strength, and durability. In addition, their small size allows them to be crushed simply by stepping on them.
- Stopga: Aqua instantly freezes time around her foes, leaving them helpless.
- Transcendence: Creates an inescapable anti-gravity field that allows Aqua to toss her foe around at her leisure.
Key: Birth by Sleep | Kingdom Hearts III