|“||Part of me wanted to defy my fate... but when the others betrayed us, I found I did not care. And then, nothing else seemed to matter anymore.||„|
|~ Ansem's parting words|
|“||Dream of a dream. A twofold nightmare. This whole journey, you have been inside Sora's dreams. And now darkness within darkness awaits you.||„|
|~ Ansem to Riku|
|“||For that instant, it was. However, you can become stronger. You showed no fear in stepping through the door to darkness. It held no terror for you. Plunge deeper into the darkness, and your heart will grow even stronger.||„|
|~ Ansem to Riku|
|“||All worlds begin in darkness, and all so end. The heart is no different. Darkness sprouts within it, it grows, consumes it. Such is its nature. In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came. You see, darkness is the heart's true essence... So, you have come this far, and still you understand nothing. Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!||„|
|~ Ansem to Sora|
Ansem, Seeker of Darkness, sometimes referred to as Xehanort's Heartless, is the main antagonist of Kingdom Hearts and the "Reverse/Rebirth" scenario in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, as well as a supporting antagonist in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. He is a member of the True Organization XIII and the Heartless of Terra-Xehanort, and as such his appearance and personality are primarily derived from Master Xehanort, and he retains his original form's "shadow".
Ansem was created when Terra-Xehanort, masquerading as Ansem the Wise, reawakened his sleeping memories and split his heart from his body, creating a Heartless; this Heartless, also named Ansem, appears to have characteristics of both Emblem and Pureblood Heartless, and it is unclear exactly which category he falls under. However, because Terra-Xehanort did this of his own will, he retained his memories in his new existence, and gained the ability to control the other Heartless. With their power, Ansem attacked the Realm of Light, intending to have the Heartless consume the hearts of every world and lead him to Kingdom Hearts.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 6-A | High 6-A
Name: Ansem, Seeker of Darkness (alias); Xehanort's Heartless
Origin: Kingdom Hearts
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Heartless Physiology, Flight, Illusion Creation, Teleportation, Dimensional Travel, Magic, Forcefield Creation, Elemental Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Afterimage Creation, Gravity Manipulation, Time Travel (Able to time travel due to lacking a physical body), Power Bestowal, Possession, Can become more powerful through merging with either Dark Figure or the World of Chaos, Can summon and control all of the variations of Heartless and the Dark Figure, Immortality Negation (Type 5, Can destroy the skeletal forms of the pirates despite them being neither alive nor dead), Power Nullification (Can break cards with the card break system by using cards with equal or higher values, which includes attacks and resistances), Status Effect Inducement (Able to shoot a multitude of white and purple orbs that can slow down time on the enemy, confuse the target, cause blindness, or poison the target, Can poison oppenents via Dark Rain), Aura, and Nigh-Invulnerability (Can become invulnerable for short periods of time), Social Influencing (Was able to manipulate several rather intelligent characters such as Jafar, Hades, Maleficent, and Riku throughout the first game. Is the Heartless of Terra-Xehanort who managed to convince his fellow apprentices into supporting his research into the "heart", its darkness and the Heartless as well as banishing their mentor Ansem the Wise into the Realm of Darkness), Large Size (Type 0 in his Second Form, Type 1 when he is fused with World of Chaos), Resistance to Ice Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Cosmic Radiations, Corruption (Black Coats protect protect their wearers from the corrupting effects of the darkness of the Dark Corridors and the Realm of Darkness), Existence Erasure (Can take hits from Heartless, which can do this with any attack), Power Nullification (Can keep up with the Power Nullification of others in Castle Oblivion with his cards), Madness Manipulation (Type 3), Mind Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation (The Realm of Darkness has been stated to eradicate existence itself within it, who's traveled there have never returned. Ansem by being in the Realm of Darkness was losing his sense of self and memories, having to give in to his hatred to survive. Aqua not long after being in the Realm of Darkness lost the will to continue, and needed to stay true to her friends to fight it)
Attack Potency: Multi-Continent level (Should be comparable to base Xemnas, took on Sora, Donald, and Goofy in a series of fights in "The End of the World", superior to Maleficent who is able to control entire legions of Heartlesses at a time, his power was enough to instantly defeat Lexaeus and subdue Roxas with ease [two beings who are confirmed by Nomura to be the third and second strongest beings in the original Organization respectively; Xemnas being the strongest], was stated to have destroyed Radiant Garden by his lonesome leaving only the castle of Hollow Bastion, capable of contending with Riku during the events of Dream Drop Distance) | Multi-Continent level (Comparable to if not slightly stronger than Sora and the other Guardians of Light)
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Comparable to others that can travel across the worlds with a Keyblade Glider, which has been shown to also relate to direct physical movements and is comparable to the Gummi Ship based on Aqua and Ventus getting to the Keyblade Graveyard within a day just like it while also including the threat of Gummi Heartless, comparable to Xemnas, who reacted to Roxas going from Radiant Garden to the Keyblade Graveyard in seconds, not far behind Sora, who reacted to a Keyblade beam from Xehanort of a similar nature as this one) | Massively FTL+ (Can keep up with Xemnas)
Lifting Strength: At least Class M, likely higher (Subdued Riku with one arm and pinned him to the ground, his power was also enough to subdue Roxas to the point of knocking him out into unconsciousness, Dark Figure has also displayed the capability to physically restrain both Riku and King Mickey)
Striking Strength: Multi-Continent Class | Multi-Continent Class
Durability: Multi-Continent level (Able to take hits from Sora and Riku) | Multi-Continent level
Stamina: Limitless (Capable of fighting an extended battle with Sora and yet not appear in any way tired)
Range: Standard melee range, Extended melee range with Dark Figure, Planetary with magic, Low Multiversal with the Corridors of Darkness
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Considerable, was able to manipulate several rather intelligent characters such as Jafar, Hades, Maleficent, and Riku throughout the first game.
Weaknesses: Light magic or anything related to the light energy (was destroyed by the light of Kingdom Hearts, was also unable to control Riku in KH:CoM due to King Mickey's light), to travel through time he has to give up his body.
- Dark Blow: Ansem sends Dark Figure to attack the target with a dark-charged fist attack.
- Dark Rush: Ansem surrounds himself and Dark Figure in a dark aura, then proceeds to rush at the target five times.
- Racing Shockwaves: Generates shockwaves along the ground that can damage his enemies.
- Shock Slash: Has Dark Figure hurl razor-sharp discs of energy at the target.
- Possession: Ansem sends Dark Figure at the target where it lashes out two hits. If they get caught by one of them, Dark Figure will possess them. Here Dark Figure does two things: it either paralyzes the possessed target briefly for Ansem to attack them with an energy barrier or damages the target from inside. After a short while, Dark Figure then returns to Ansem's side.
- Energy Barrier Attack: During the duration of Dark Figure possessing the target, Ansem attacks them using an energy barrier to damage them along with Dark Figure attacking from within them.
- Dark Shadow: Ansem sends Dark Figure to attack his target from below several times, then ends the combo by launching shockwaves in 3 different directions.
- Dark Rush: Ansem and Dark Figure become surrounded by energy and Dark Figure proceeds to pound at the enemy with great force.
- Dark Firaga: Ansem generates a massive number of Darkness-infused fireballs which he throws at the enemy.
- Dark Matter: Forcefully pushes the enemy far back away from him.
- Dark Wave: Ansem uses waves of darkness to catch his target and then put them inside the ball of darkness that merges into a giant ball that then causes massive damage after exploding.
- Dark Matter: Forcefully pushes the target away to a far distance.
- Dark Galaxy: Dark Figure summons two giant dark balls of energy that it can use to perform various attacks; ranging from raising pillars of Darkness, shooting black spheres at the target, or merging the balls into one to generate a massive explosion.
- Dark Rain: Pours down a rain of energy that can poison the target if they get hit.
- Chaos Firaga: Ansem has Dark Figure release a multitude of white and purple orbs that can cause several effects (blind, slow, poison, and confuse) on the target.
Key: Base | Kingdom Hearts III
|Discussion threads involving Ansem|