Ampharos, the Light Pokémon is the final stage evolution of the Mareep family. Famed for its ability to give off intense rays of light, Ampharos has been used as a beacon for ships since ancient times.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At most Low 7-B | 7-B | High 7-A | 6-C
Name: Ampharos | Mega Ampharos
Classification: Light Pokémon
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Electricity Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Barrier Creation, Sound Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement (Burn, Confusion, and Paralysis), Statistics Amplification, Explosive Aura, Cotton Manipulation, Magnetism Manipulation, Fungus Manipulation, Healing, Enhanced Senses, Rock Energy Manipulation, Resistance to Paralysis Inducement, Air Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Metal Manipulation and Sleep Manipulation | Same as before to a greater extent, plus, Power Nullification and Resistance Negation (Mold Breaker negates abilities and effects that would reduce the damage taken, reflect status effects, grant resistances and prevent Mareep's attacks from causing damage), Resistance to Plant Manipulation, Fire Manipulation and Water Manipulation | Same as before| Same as before, additionally Draconic Energy Manipulation and Light Manipulation
Attack Potency: At most Small City level (should be comparable, though slightly inferior to Rhyhorn, who can shatter mountains. Can go to toe to toe with the likes of Piplup) | City level (Is comparable, if not superior to a mid-level Dragonair, who can obliterate a city. Should be far superior to the likes of Rhyhorn, who can shatter mountains and should be comparable to Pupitar) | Large Mountain level+ (Ampharos gives off so much light that it can be seen even from space. Scales to other Pokémon on this level such as Tyranitar) | Island level (Stronger than Pure/Huge Power Pokémon and Marowak holding a Thick Club, should be comparable to other mega evolved Pokémon such as Mega Charizard)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Comparable to other pokemon of the same level) | Massively Hypersonic+ | FTL (Can keep up with Poliwrath in a fight and in the Pokeathlon) | At least FTL (Faster than before)
Lifting Strength: Class K | Class K | Class M
Striking Strength: At most Small City Class | City Class | Large Mountain Class+ | Island Class
Durability: At most Small City level | City level | Large Mountain level+ (Can take attacks from other Ampharos) | Island level
Stamina: Superhuman (The average pokemon is hardwired for battle and can go on fighting for lots of time despite being injured. Capable of spending a day on foot while fighting hordes of enemies in mystery dungeons with little to no breaks)
Range: Standard melee range, tens of kilometers with most attacks
Standard Equipment: Ampharosite
Intelligence: Below Average normally (Capable of coherent speech between other Pokémon, a degree of understanding of commands and social situations, and can solve minor puzzles, though still mostly driven by instinct), Above Average in battle as Mareep and Flaaffy (Pokémon are hard-wired for battle and even in the wild can master many moves and fight the likes of Machop which train in all martial arts), Gifted in battle as Ampharos (Should be superior to 1st and 2nd stage Pokémon and are able to consistently fight the likes of Machamp which have mastered all martial arts, as well as Alakazam)
Weaknesses: Ground-type moves | Same, plus Ice, Dragon and Fairy-type moves
- Static: When Ampharos is hit by a move that makes physical contact, there is a 30% chance that the attacking Pokémon will become paralyzed.
- Plus: When Ampharos enters the battle with an ally that has the ability Minus, its special attack is doubled.
- Mold Breaker: Moves can be used on the target regardless of the opponents' abilities to be immune. This is Mega Ampharos' ability.
- Thunder Punch: Ampharos charges its fist with electricity, and punches the opponent. It has a chance to paralyze him or her.
- Zap Cannon: Ampharos creates a powerful orb of electricity and launches it at the opponent. While inaccurate, it is guaranteed to paralyze.
- Magnetic Flux: Ampharos manipulates magnetic fields to up the physical and special defense of all allies (including itself) that has the abilities Plus or Minus.
- Ion Deluge: Ampharos spreads electrons across the field, which makes all normal moves electric.
- Dragon Pulse: Ampharos fires a shockwave of explosive, draconic aura at the opponent.
- Fire Punch: Ampharos engulfs its fist in flame, and punches the opponent. It has a chance to burn him or her.
- Tackle: Ampharos rams into the opponent.
- Growl: Ampharos growls cutely, lowering the physical attack of the opponent.
- Thunder Wave: Ampharos releases a jolt of weak electricity that paralyzes the opponent if it hits. Prior to Gen VII, this was a guaranteed hit.
- Thundershock: Ampharos shocks the opponent with a weak bolt of electricity. This has a chance to paralyze.
- Cotton Spore: Ampharos releases cotton like spores to stick onto the opponent and sharply slow them down.
- Charge: Ampharos charges its power, which raises its special defense and makes the next electric move it uses do double damage.
- Take Down: Ampharos powerfully tackles the opponent. It does good damage to the opponent and minimal damage to itself.
- Electro Ball: Ampharos lobs an orb of electricity that is stronger depending on how much faster Ampharos is than its target.
- Confuse Ray: Ampharos emits an odd light that confuses the target.
- Power Gem: Ampharos summons gems that fire powerful rock energy that sparkles like gemstones.
- Discharge: Ampharos discharges, creating an omnidirectional wave of electricity. This has a chance to paralyze.
- Cotton Guard: Ampharos covers its body in soft cotton, drastically raising physical defense.
- Signal Beam: Ampharos releases a powerful, yet sinister ray of light full of bug energy. It has a chance to confuse the target.
- Light Screen: Ampharos erects a barrier that halves the damage of special attacks as long as it's active.
- Thunder: Ampharos drops a lightning bolt from the sky to powerfully strike an opponent. This move has a chance to paralyze, and will never miss if it is either raining, and can easily strike the opponent if he or she is in the air (though being in the sky, underground, or underwater being equivalent to pseudo-invulnerability is game mechanics anyway).
Key: Ampharos | Mega Ampharos