|“||In the end, shrine maidens are two colors. Your power is only twenty-eight-point-five-seven-one-four percent as powerful as mine.||„|
|~ Alice Margatroid|
|“||You're the one causing all the fuss around here, aren't you?!||„|
|~ Alice to Yuuka|
Alice Margatroid is one of only a few people known to live within the Forest of Magic. She's a magician known primarily for her skilful use of dolls as well as being a loner. She gets in many fights with Marisa, but they are somewhat acquaintances, sharing many of the same interests and even teaming up at times.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 2-C | 4-A, likely 3-C
Name: Alice Margatroid, the Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Origin: Touhou Project
Classification: Youkai Magician
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses (Can recognize non-humans and see through illusions), Flight, Magic, Danmaku, Acrobatics, Empowerment (Under a full moon), Body Puppetry, Thread Manipulation, Forcefield Creation, Summoning, Non-Physical Interaction (Can harm Phantoms and Evil Spirits with her regular attacks), Time Manipulation (Caused the eternal night in the Magic Team Scenario of Imperishable Night), Physics Manipulation and Gravity Manipulation (Youkai can manipulate the world through the physical layer of reality, which follows the laws of physics), Longevity, Regeneration (Low-Godly; can regenerate solely from her incorporeal "mind")
Resistance to Mind Manipulation (Was unaffected by the true Moon, which can drive humans insane and kill them if they look at it), Illusions (Alice can see through illusions due to her "Phantom-Seeing Power"), Poisons (Magicians develop a resistance to many poisons from working with them over the course of their life), Biological Manipulation (Youkai lack DNA and brains), and Matter Manipulation (Youkai are described as a fluctuation and seem to be composed of different particles)
Attack Potency: Low Multiverse level (Should be comparable to Marisa. Claims to be superior to Reimu. She, alongside Marisa in the Magic Team's extra scenario in Imperishable Night, inflicted so much pain onto Mokou to where she couldn't fight anymore despite her immortality) | Multi-Solar System level, likely Galaxy level (Fought Reimu and Marisa)
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Comparable to Marisa) | Speed of Light reactions, possibly Massively FTL+ (Comparable to Reimu and Marisa)
Striking Strength: Low Multiversal | Multi-Solar System Class, likely Galactic
Durability: Low Multiverse level | Multi-Solar System level, likely Galaxy level
Stamina: Likely high
Range: At least Tens of Meters with Danmaku (Her firing range should be comparable to Sakuya's, who can throw knives at least 36 meters), Universal with her "mind" (A youkai's mind exists beyond the physical layer, which should include the universe)
- Dolls: Alice has many, many dolls. They can attack with weapons and magic. They can shield her with shields and barriers. They can sacrifice themselves in the blaze of glory near enemies. And, of course, they can do housework. It seems Alice advanced a little in her task to make a fully autonomous doll since her dolls are partially independent (they obey commands). All of Alice's dolls can fly. The mainstream dolls are Shanghai dolls.
- Grimoire of Alice: The sealed grimoire that Alice carries with her. It's unknown what kind of powers are hidden in it. There is a high chance that it is somehow attached to Alice. It could be the same Grimoire from Mystic Square (or not).
Intelligence: High, genius puppeteer, good at tactics and strategy
Weaknesses: The more dolls Alice fields, the more difficulty she has dodging. She is also vulnerable to spiritual attacks.
- Handling Dolls: Alice's magical specialty is the creation and handling dolls. She can manipulate multiple dolls on the field at once with ease, and her skill is amongst the finest in Gensokyo. She can move her dolls just as humans move. She also prepares much of her dolls as explosives to use in combat by stuffing them with gunpowder or otherwise detonating them through magic.
- "Phantom-Seeing Power": Alice can see through illusions and see the actual forms of other beings easily - she saw the invisible light from the true full moon, saw that Mokou was not truly alive, and saw Keine's pure form as a Were-Hakutaku.
- Doll Ambush: Alice's dolls lie in wait around her and attack when commanded, springing out from nowhere to defend their master.
- Doll Archers: A set of dolls with bows fire arrows at Alice's opponent, covering a wide area.
- Doll Arrangement: Alice releases a small set of dolls, which they attack in sequence.
- Doll Cremation: Alice throws a small number of explosive dolls at her opponent.
- Doll Negation: Alice fires dolls, charged with magic, that explodes on contact with her opponent.
- Doll Placement: Alice sets down a doll, which then attacks.
- Ooedo Explosive Marionette: A doll walks forwards from Alice, exploding on contact with her opponent.
- Returning Dolls: A doll flies out from Alice to attack her opponent before flying back like a boomerang.
- Seeker Wire: Alice's dolls fire a laser that travels through all of them before piercing her opponent.
- SP Doll: One of Alice's dolls begins orbiting around her before flying out to attack her opponent at her command.
- Thousand Spear Dolls: Dolls armed with lances lunge a short distance forwards from Alice.
- Crimson Sign "Holland Doll": Alice throws out a doll that fires a cross-shaped laser as it rotates.
- Curse Sign "Hourai Doll": A set of dolls come out to each fire a high-power laser at her opponent.
- Curse Sign "Shanghai Doll": Alice pulls out a Shanghai doll, which fires a high-power laser from its eyes.
- Demonic Control "Return Inanimateness": Alice flings an extremely explosive doll at her opponent.
- Doll "Futuristic Bunraku": Alice releases a single, powerful doll that she can precisely manipulate from a distance to attack her opponent, detonating it whenever she wants.
- Dolls "Lemmings' Parade": Alice unleashes a high number of dolls that all run towards her opponent, swarming them and exploding on contact.
- Focus Power "Trip Wire": The string connecting Alice and one of her dolls turns into a laser, injuring anyone caught between them.
- Lance Sign "Cutie Phalanx": As Alice advances, dolls with spears fly out in front of her to repeatedly stab at her opponents.
- Magic Sign "Artful Sacrifice": Alice throws a highly explosive doll at her opponent.
- Spy Sign "Seeker Dolls": Alice sends out a large number of dolls, which fire lasers that sweep over her surroundings like a net.
- War Command "Dolls of War": Alice's dolls spill out around her and swing their weapons around, slashing apart any opponents caught inside their attack.
- War Sign "Little Legion": Alice brings in a small set of dolls that lunge out, spinning around with their weapons as they spread out over a larger area.
Key: Windows | PC-98
Note: ZUN stated that Alice Margatroid is the same Alice from the PC-98 era. She is the only character who was "confirmed" to be the same character from older games.
|Discussion threads involving Alice Margatroid|