|“||Applause, then. A round of applause in celebration of my supreme power.||„|
|~ Ainz Ooal Gown|
Ainz Ooal Gown (アインズ・ウール・ゴウン), formerly known as Momonga (モモンガ), is the main protagonist of Overlord. He is the guildmaster of Ainz Ooal Gown and regarded as the highest of the Almighty 41 Supreme Beings by the NPCs of the Great Tomb of Nazarick.
As the Sorcerer King of the Sorcerous Kingdom, Ainz leads the strongest army in the New World.
He is also known by his adventurer disguise, Momon, a dark warrior and leader of the Darkness adventuring team. He is an adamantite ranked adventurer and the most powerful adventurer in the Kingdom.
Originally a normal office worker, Suzuki Satoru was an avid fan of the DMMORPG YGGDRASIL where he went by the screen name Momonga, and was the leader of Ainz Ooal Gown, an extremely powerful guild known for its control over 11 World Items, including two of The Twenty, known as the most powerful 10% of all world items. They were also renowned for their impenetrable stronghold The Great Tomb of Nazarick, which was never conquered even by the strongest clans in the game, and capable of repelling an onslaught of 1500 Players without a single guild member raising a finger. As the guild was entirely made up of working members of society, the group also gained a foothold by the endless acquisition of paid items that gained them an advantage in battle. As the last person to stay in the guild on the final day of the game, Momonga finds himself transported into the New World, a world whose natural laws have been partially overwritten by those of YGGDRASIL’s by the appearance of multiple players across time, having been transformed into the form of his avatar. Taking the name of his guild in order to draw out former friends and foes, he begins a massive crusade for world domination through multiple plans and misdirections in the hopes of finding his comrades and seeing them once more.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C, higher with the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown. Unknown with Wish Upon A Star. Unknown with access to Nazarick's treasury
Name: Ainz Ooal Gown, Momonga, Dark Hero Momon, Sorcerer King, Suzuki Satoru
Classification: Eclipse, Overlord, Elder Lich, Skeleton Mage, Heteromorphic Race, Overlord of Nazarick, Adamantite-Plate Adventurer
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Extrasensory Perception, Master Swordsmanship, Preparation, Magic, Magic Constructs (Can create weapons, armor, arrows, etc.), Limited Magic Modification, Danmaku, Elemental Manipulation (Fire, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Darkness, Light, likely more), Holy Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Hell Flame Manipulation, Time Stop, Spatial Manipulation, Durability Negation (Reality Slash cleaves through the fabric of space while also ignoring magical defenses), Negative Energy Manipulation and Projection (heals undead and drains the stats of the living, eventually paralyzing them), Gravity Manipulation, Death Manipulation, Immortality Negation (Type 4; Ainz can use the Instant Death spell True Death, which negates resurrection), Undead Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Bone Manipulation, Pseudo-Black Hole Creation, Forcefield Creation, Healing (Healing spells heal the living, Negative Energy heals the undead), Necromancy, Immortality (Types 1 and 7), Creation, Absorption, Power Mimicry (With Dark Wisdom, he can initiate a ritual to learn a spell from the corpse of another), Invisibility (Can use Complete Invisibility, as well as Perfect Unknowable, which also removes one's traces and sound), Stealth Mastery, Teleportation, Telepathy, Telekinetic Fixation, Flight, Explosion Manipulation, Power Nullification (Ultimate Disturb stops the target from casting spells while also raising their resistance to magic. The Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown can use Dimensional Lock, which prevents the use of transfer magic such as teleportation. Has an unnamed Anti-Magic spell), Enemy Summoning Nullification, Statistics Amplification (strength, speed, resistances, luck, etc), Resurrection (Can resurrect others. One of his rings allows him to resurrect at least once), Summoning, Spiritual Awareness, Night Vision, Magic Vision, Aura, Portal Creation, Limited Intangibility (Having a resistance to Movement Hindrances/Physical Impediments allows one to pass through restricting material such as a net), Homing Attacks, Invulnerability (Unaffected by non-magical attacks, though environmental damage such as an avalanche circumvents it. All physical attacks from those under level 60 are nullified. Unaffected by piercing damage, such as being stabbed), Reality Warping (With "Wish Upon A Star"), Statistics Reduction (Can reduce the strength and speed of opponents with each touch), Can cast almost any spell instantly without having to announce it, Dimensional Storage, Clairvoyance, Transformation, Transmutation, Information Analysis (With spells such as Life Essence, Mana Essence, Enemy Scan, All Appraisal Magic Item, and more), Information Manipulation (Can use False Data: Life and False Data: Mana to fake his HP and MP respectively), Illusion Creation, Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, Madness Manipulation (Despair Aura IV inflicts permanent insanity on a foe), Paralysis Inducement, Regeneration Negation, Resistance Negation (The metamagic enhancement Penetrate Magic can allow one to penetrate resistances. Has skills that boost some of his abilities to overcome weaker resistances, and The Goal of All Life is Death allows Ainz to ignore any types of resistance to his Instant-Death magic - even immunities or immortality, killing everything from the oxygen in the air to the ground itself), Non-Physical Interaction (Can cause damage to intangible and incorporeal targets), Damage Boost, Status Effect Inducement, Self-Sustenance (Types 1, 2 and 3), Social Influencing (Is noted to be extremely charismatic and regularly makes people overestimate his intelligence, though this is entirely unintentional and usually unknown to him. His charisma made Neia Baraja incredibly worshipful of him)
Resistance to Magic, Poison, Disease, Sleep, Paralysis, Ice, Fire, Electricity, Acid, Necromancy, Petrification, Deconstruction (His Turn Resistance lets him resist undead-destroying abilities that can disintegrate undead), Death Manipulation, Energy Drain, Statistics Reduction, Status Effect Inducement (Blindness, Deafness, and Movement Impairment), Mind Manipulation (Including all forms of Empathic Manipulation), Telepathy (Doppelgangers cannot read his surface thoughts), Information Analysis, Extrasensory Perception (Could not be sensed by Shalltear), Clairvoyance (Has a ring which protects him from Divination magic. Has an anti-scrying barrier which allows him to link an offensive spell back to the user of the Divination magic), Power Nullification (Would have resisted having his spells shutdown by CZ's skill had she not been buffed), Time Manipulation, Slashing Weapons, and Piercing Weapons. His World-Class Item grants him Resistance to BFR, Mind Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Existence Erasure, Sealing, Reality Warping, Law Manipulation, Power Absorption (A World Class Item can trump the power of a Super Tier Spell like Wish Upon a Star, which Ainz could use to steal Nfirea’s Talent), Spatial Manipulation (Having a World Item allows one to walk through the World Separating Wall, which creates a space separate from reality), Resistance Negation
Attack Potency: Small Town level (Capable of leveling a medieval city district; capable of injuring Shalltear Bloodfallen with most serious spells), higher with the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown. Unknown with Wish Upon A Star (Capable of granting wishes, possibly even destructive ones, of unknown limit), Unknown with access to Nazarick's Treasury
Striking Strength: At least Small Building Class (His strikes can one-shot Mithril rank adventurers like Hekkeran. Completely outclasses warriors like Gazef and Brain Unglaus. Casually crushed Clementine to death with his bare arms, and would have dealt fatal damage to her if one of his strikes connected). Small Town Class with Perfect Warrior (Perfect Warrior converts his magic caster levels into warrior levels, allowing his physical stats to surpass Shalltear's due to her not being a pure warrior)
Durability: Small Town level (Took numerous hits from Shalltear, and withstood being at the epicenter of a Super-Tier spell he had cast), Unknown when boosting his defenses with barriers, armor and more, higher with the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown, immortality and various resistances make him extremely hard to permanently put down
Stamina: Physically tireless. Has extremely high mana for extended spellcasting
Range: Varies, some high-tier spells can achieve up to tens of kilometers. Thousands of kilometers, possibly planetary via Greater Teleportation and Gate
Standard Equipment: The only item that Ainz carries on his person other than his equipment is his unnamed World-Class Item. Although its effects are unknown, all World-class Items grant their user extremely potent resistances to all effects that can be used by World-class Items. The rest of Ainz's items are contained within a pocket dimension which he can access freely by opening small portals to reach inside of. With time to prepare, he can also use cash shop items to lower cast times for super-tier spells or switch weapons instantly without having to reach into his inventory
- Optional Equipment: The Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown. Various items from Nazarick's Treasury, such as the equipment of his Guild Members
- 10 Rings [Divine class]: Each of the rings is imbued with a different power.
- Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown [Divine class artifact]: Allows the user to freely teleport between every room inside Nazarick. Every member of Ainz Ooal Gown was required to wear this ring.
- Shooting Star [Divine class artifact]: Allows the user to activate the super-tier magic, "Wish Upon a Star" three times without consuming experience.
- Ring that allows the user to resurrect with little loss of exp.
- Ring that protects the user from detection by all kinds of divination-type magic.
- Ring that protects the user from behavior disturbance.
- Ring that suppresses Ainz's passive aura of extreme fear.
- Ring that allows Ainz to use wands containing spells from incompatible classes (such as his resurrection wand).
- Three more rings with unknown effects
- Cloak [Divine class]: It has a Chaotic Aura Effect, causing a rippling dark red aura to rise from the feet, an aura that feels turbulent and sinister.
This custom weapon spews out a vortex of dark red aura when held. Sometimes it forms the face of a human in agony that crumbles away. It is so vivid that it feels as though you can hear their voices of pain. The staff has seven snakes engraved on it, each clutching a gem that is a Divine class artifact, and aligned with the elements of Sun, Moon, Earth, Fire, Wind, Water and Time. Each gem has a unique ability and the power to summon monsters level 85 and above once a day. It is also able to greatly raise the user's racial abilities, allowing them to bypass immunities. Because each gem belongs to an entire series of items, since the complete collection is united, one can display its immense power. Ainz hesitates to use it because since it is a guild weapon, should it be destroyed, the guild of Ainz Ooal Gown will be disbanded. Ainz usually carries around a hollow replica with no special abilities.
Spells and Abilities
- Automatic Attack Mode: The Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown seems to possess some sort of intelligence, and is capable of making decisions independently of Ainz in order to assist him in battle. It even possesses a mental bond with Ainz, making it able to coordinate with him and follow his strategies without him needing to give it orders.
- Dimensional Lock: An 8th-tier spell which creates a large field in which enemies are unable to use teleportation magic or other means of instantaneous movement.
- Elemental Creature Summoning: Each gem is capable of summoning creatures aligned with its element, which will follow Ainz or the Staff's orders. Among its strongest summons are Primal Elementals of Air, Earth, Fire, Water, and Star, which are each level 87 except for the Primal Star Elemental, which is level 90.
- Fire Storm: A divine-aligned fire spell which covers a large area.
- Flight: When in Automatic Attack Mode, the staff is capable of flying around on its own.
- Shining Blast: A divine-aligned area of effect attack spell, which does increased damage to undead and other evil creatures, as well as creatures with a low karma value. Conversely, it deals far less damage to creatures with a high karma value.
- Veil of Moon: A defensive spell which creates an immaterial barrier around the user.
- Vermilion Nova: A 9th tier spell which engulfs the target in a large pillar of flame.
- Data Manipulation: The staff can be used to operate the Ainz Ooal Gown guild base, though Ainz can do this on his own since he is the guild leader.
While in his adventurer persona, Ainz uses jet black armor and twin greatswords. Without using Perfect Warrior, He has the physical ability of a level 35, but can still use low tier spells and skills. However, his techniques are rather rough and he doesn't use any martial arts skills at all. With perfect warrior in effect, he gains the physical abilities of a level 100 warrior, and his fighting style becomes properly skilled and in sync with his power.
- Dark Warrior Armor: This armor is created for his Adventurer Persona "Momon the Dark Hero" by the spell Create Greater Item. The armor's hardness is said to be comparable to Adamantite. Because it's created by magic, it bypasses Ainz's class restrictions and can be dismissed and remade as needed.
- Twin Greatswords: The two swords are created by the spell Create Greater Item for his adventurer persona primarily, wielding one in each hand for melee combat as a warrior. Because they were created by Ainz, they are easily renewable, so they can be used as throwing weapons.
- Black Belt
- Black Widow Spider Clothes
- Crown of Mental Barriers
- Frost Pain Modified: Upon making modifications to the original weapon, Ainz was able to summon this weapon from his pocket dimension to aid him in his battle against Jaldabaoth. It does frost damage over time, slowly reducing the target's physical abilities, and can also release a freezing burst up to three times. As this weapon is much stronger than the original, its power was great enough to even suppress Demiurge's hellfire effect for a duration of time.
- Haste Boots
- Járngreipr: A common item that improves the user's strength. It is used by Ainz Ooal Gown members only to cover up their hands.
- Mask of Envy: A YGGDRASIL holiday item awarded to those who logged in during Christmas Eve between 7 AM and 10 PM and played for over two hours. Unfortunately, this item is useless in battle, providing no special effects - although it does provide Ainz a disguise to conceal his undead appearance.
- Nemean Lion
- Stilettos: Ainz looted Clementine's equipment right after her death, and later wields four of these piercing weapons at the imperial arena. He utilized one of them skillfully against the Martial Lord before defeating him. They can be imbued with spells that activate when stabbed into an enemy, allowing him to defeat the Martial Lord with fire and acid spells from the inside.
- Sure Hit Glasses
- Horn of the Goblin General: When blown, summons a goblin troop which consists of twelve goblin soldiers, two goblin archers, one goblin mage, one goblin cleric, two goblin wolf riders, and one goblin leader. If certain conditions are met, it can summon dozens of much more powerful goblins in order to fight off an army. However, they are still low level.
- Minor Healing Potion: For an undead creature, a healing potion is a lethal poison, however, Ainz keeps them in reserve for emergencies.
- Resurrection Wand: This magic item is able to fully restore a dead target back to life by using the spell True Resurrection, which is potent enough to completely restore the target's body and soul and can presumably counter True Death.
- Exchange Puppets: Cash shop items that allow the user to switch places with any being that they are given to.
- Hourglasses: Cash shop items that allow the user to nullify the cast time of a super-tier spell when broken.
- Wooden Sticks: Cash shop items that, when pre-assigned to a specific item, allow the user to switch to that item instantly by breaking them.
Intelligence: An expert strategist in combat, Ainz always tries to fight with knowledge of his enemy, and doesn't underestimate his opponents. Unless he knows for sure that the enemy is no threat, he will usually start the battle with instant death spells like Grasp Heart, and will be quick to use his other powerful abilities depending on the situation
Weaknesses: Ainz is naturally susceptible to the holy and fire elements, but can negate one of those weaknesses depending on his choice of gear. Because of class restrictions, Ainz normally cannot equip most weapons and armor, but he can get around this restriction by using gear made by Create Greater Item or by using Perfect Warrior to temporarily change into a warrior class. He takes extra damage from crushing attacks, and The Goal of All Life is Death has a cooldown of exactly 100 hours. Can only teleport a distance of 1 kilometer with Greater Teleportation if teleporting to a place he has not already visited, or is not observing with Divination magic. Additionally, Ainz’s spells can be interrupted by enemy attacks unless he uses the Silent Magic modifier
- Competence in Evil Language
- Create High Tier Undead (up to 4/day): Ainz can create either an Eyeball Corpse or a Pale Rider by using this ability. If Ainz were to use his experience points, he can even create level 90 monsters. (Overlord Wiseman / Grim Reaper Thanatos).
- Create Middle Tier Undead (up to 12/day): Ainz can create a Death Knight, Jack the Ripper, or Corpse Collector by using this ability.
- Create Low Tier Undead (up to 20/day): Ainz can create Wraiths or Bone Vultures by using this ability.
- Dark Soul
- Dark Wisdom: Allows the user to increase the number of spells one can learn by experiencing a sacrifice-ritual event. It can also be used to learn a single spell from the corpse of an enemy player. This allows Ainz to know far more spells than is usually possible; he can even learn and use holy spells.
- Despair Aura I: Has a high chance of causing Fear.
- Despair Aura II: Has a high chance of causing Panic.
- Despair Aura III: Has a high chance of causing Confusion.
- Despair Aura IV: Has a high chance of causing Insanity.
- Despair Aura V: Has a high chance of causing Instant Death.
- Electric, Poison, Ice Invalidation
- High Tier Repel Resistance III
- High Tier Magic Invalidation III: Nullifies all low tier spells.
- High Tier Physical Invalidation III: Nullifies all attacks that are below level 60.
- Immortal Blessing: Can sense other undead beings.
- Negative Touch: Deals negative-type damage to the object being touched, attacked, or skill-attacked by Ainz, permanently lowering their physical capabilities. Acquired by Elder Lich level up. Can toggle On/Off.
- Negative Guard
- Negative Blessing
- Status Damage Ⅳ
- Slashing Weapon Resistance V
- Strengthened Magic Vision
- Thrusting Weapon Resistance V
- Cry of the Banshee: Shout that has an instant death effect, and can also be used with Widen Magic to cover an area of 200m.
- Perfect Warrior: A transformation-type spell that allows Ainz to become a level 100 warrior, converting his magic caster stats to warrior stats, while also improving his fighting skills to suit his newfound power. As a result of the transformation, this spell does come with another cost, where he is unable to use any other magic while he maintains the spell's effects. However, Ainz was still able to make up for such a weakness by using the powers and abilities of elemental weapons stored within his pocket dimension like Frost Pain Modified instead. While in this form, he can bypass through class restrictions such as being able to use Touch Me's World Champion armor without suffering any penalty. However, because he lacks the special abilities of a true warrior, Ainz would likely lose against a player of equal or higher power without the use of special items, like his guildmates' old divine-class weapons or world items.
- Time Stop: Time magic that stops the enemy for a specific amount of time, and can be activated instantly. The caster cannot deal damage, but spells and skills used during the time stop can be set to activate when it ends with Delay Magic.
- The Goal of All Life is Death: This special skill is one of Ainz's most powerful abilities and comes from the Eclipse-class, which is one of the hardest classes to get because it requires the Overlord class with spells specialized in necromancy and instant death type magics. The Eclipse class lets the user become a true lord of death, a life-consuming Eclipse. Once activated, this skill delays any of the caster's instant death type spells for 12 seconds but allows them to ignore any types of resistance - even immunities or immortality. Ainz used this spell with Widen Magic and Cry of the Banshee, which then killed everything within 200m (living beings, undead, oxygen, earth, water, etc), turning the area into a desolate wasteland and poisoning the air. The cooldown of this skill is 100 hours. It is not possible to resist this spell, with the only counter being that one must use either an item or skill that would cause them to be revived before the 12 seconds pass.
While magic only goes up to the 10th rank, Super-Tier Magic is said to go beyond that, but it acts more like a special ability or a skill than an actual spell. Magic casters can unleash these spells without consuming any of their MP. The caster can learn one Super-Tier spell for each level after level 70. When it is first learned, it can only be used once a day. However, it can be used once more for every additional ten levels. The average player who has reached level 100 can use Super-Tier magic at least 4 times.
Furthermore, Super Tier Magic cannot be activated consecutively. Firstly, unlike other magic, it has an activation period, and if a certain amount of damage is done to the magic caster, it will interrupt the casting. Secondly, although it is possible to use cash items to remove this activation period, Super Tier Magic has a cooldown time for the whole party that cannot be removed.
- Fallen Down: Calls down a huge pillar of blue light from the sky that will burn so bright and hot that it will appear like the whole world has turned white. After a few seconds, it will leave behind an area burned to cinders, devoid of life. This spell deals massive damage, especially to undead enemies.
- Iä Shub-Niggurath: Instantly kills every foe in a large area with a black cyclone of death magic, easily encompassing 70,000 people. The victims are sacrificed to summon monsters over level 90, "Dark Young", which have extremely high health and attack with their giant hooves and tentacles. The number of summoned Dark Young is proportional to the total number of sacrifices, and they will obey Ainz's mental commands without hesitation.
- Creation: Allows the caster to make large-scale changes to a gigantic area. Ainz was able to instantly freeze a huge lake by using this spell. It can also be used offensively to create hazardous environments harsh enough to affect high-level players.
- Wish Upon A Star: Consumes the caster's experience points to grant a wish. Ainz cast this spell by using one of his rings, but he also knows this spell himself. Due to how difficult it is to gain experience points in the New World, Ainz only uses this spell in emergencies, so the limits of its power are not known.
- Pantheon: Summons six level 80 "Cherubims Gate Keeper" through the use of holy-type magic who will fall under the caster's command.
- Acid Arrow: A 2nd tier single target spell which shoots out a small acid projectile.
- All Appraisal Magic Item: Identifies the magical effects of an item.
- Anti-Life Cocoon
- Armageddon Evil: A 10th tier that summons several waves of demons, with the waves becoming increasingly more powerful as time passes, but losing numbers as well. Was often used for sacrificial rituals, since the demons were affected by Friendly Fire in Yggdrasil.
- Astral Smite: An 8th tier spell that shoots a stream of bright blue needles from the caster's hand. It is effective against ethereal, gaseous, or otherwise intangible beings.
- Boosted Magic: A modifier that increases the tier of spells to the caster's current magic tier, allowing them to bypass incomplete magic resistances and increase the effects of a low-tier spell to a viable level.
- Black Hole: Magic that creates a void that absorbs enemies inside with crushing gravity, and also consumes light.
- Bless of Magic Caster
- Body of Effulgent Beryl: 10th-Tier spell. Reduces strike-type damage. If the user reactivates this spell during the duration, it negates a single strike-type attack.
- Call Greater Thunder: Summons a large thunderbolt that continuously shocks the enemy for a short time.
- Charm Person: Manipulates the target's mind to make them think the caster is a close friend. However, they will only accept requests that they would willingly do for a friend.
- Complete Invisibility: A spell far superior to a normal invisibility spell. Ainz becomes completely invisible to anyone unless they use specialized magic to see him. Only the highest-ranked characters with classes focused on perception can see through this spell's effect.
- Control Amnesia: 10th-Tier spell. Controls the memory of the target. Because of its astronomically high cost, Ainz can only manipulate memories up to about ten minutes old. However, if he is only viewing them, he can see memories years old. It is more effective the less the target resists.
- Crack in the Ground: A 9th tier spell that opens a large fissure on the ground that can swallow and crush enemies. According to Ainz, it has an instant death effect as well
- Create Fortress: A 10th tier spell that summons a 30 meter tall tower out of thin air. This tower is bigger on the inside than the outside and is highly resistant to physical and magical attacks. Additionally, its doors will only open for those allied with the caster.
- Create Greater Item Allows Ainz to create weapons and armor that is roughly equivalent to items around level 30-35. Items created by this method bypass class restrictions, but reduce magical capabilities. This is how Ainz creates the weapons and armor of Momon, his adventurer disguise.
- Death: Instantly kills the target without any activation time or requirements. It is similar to grasp heart, but does not require the caster to crush the heart, and does not have its secondary stun effect.
- Delay Magic: A modifier that delays the activation of spells for an amount of time set by the player. Ainz is one of the few players that has perfected its use so that he can cast spells during a time stop, and have them activate the instant it ends.
- Delay Teleportation: A spell that, once activated, automatically slows enemy teleportation down, notifies the caster of where the enemy is teleporting, and even allows some control over where they teleport to.
- Detect Magic
- Distant Vision: A form of clairvoyance that allows the caster to find the location of a specific item or person. It shows the caster a mental image of the location of their target.
- Dominate: Instantly puts the target under the caster's control by dominating their mind. They retain all mental functions, and their behavior is otherwise indistinguishable from normal.
- Draconic Power
- Dragon Lightning: Shoots out a lightning bolt in the form of a dragon, that then seeks out its target.
- Drifting Master Mine: An invisible mine that, as the name implies, locks on to and "drifts" towards targets that enter its range, exploding after it gets close enough.
- Energy Drain: An 8th tier spell that drains the opponent’s levels and grants various benefits depending on the amount of levels drained. It also heals the caster and buffs their attributes, as well as permanently debuffing the enemy. Since the spell can only be used by touch, it makes up for it by being otherwise comparable to a 9th tier spell.
- Explode Mine: An invisible trap magic that can be placed remotely and explodes when it is near the enemy.
- False Data: Life: Gives the user the ability to fake their HP, allowing them to trick enemies that try to gauge their HP by non-physical methods.
- False Data: Mana: Similar to False Data: Life. Allows the user to fake their MP.
- Fireball: A 3rd tier spell which shoots a large ball of fire that burns its target.
- Fly: A 3rd tier spell which gives the caster the ability to fly.
- Freedom: A buff that provides protection from high-level restraining effects.
- Gate: A high tier spell that creates a two-way portal which can open anywhere the caster wants, regardless of distance, and be kept open for as long as desired. Its size can also be configured to be large enough to let an entire army through.
- Grasp Heart: A 9th-tier spell that allows the caster to remotely grab the heart (or whatever equivalent organ) of an enemy, and crush it, killing them instantly. This even works on dragons and other giant enemies. Contrary to how it seems, the spell actually achieves its purpose by causing death magically. Furthermore, if the enemy does not instantly die, then the spell activates a strong stun effect. This is said by Ainz to be his favorite spell, and because of the secondary stun effect, it is usually a safe bet to use it first on any enemy that is not obviously immune to instant death.
- Gravity Maelstrom: A spiraling black ball of gravity which the caster can throw. If it makes contact with the enemy, its intense gravity will make their body collapse in on itself, negating durability.
- Greater Break Item: Can be used while out of combat to destroy a powerful magic item. It can also be used to accurately destroy large structures, even during combat.
- Greater Full Potential
- Greater Hardening
- Greater Luck
- Greater Magic Seal: Allows most spells to be stored in an invisible, floating magic circle which can be released later, becoming visible when used.
- Greater Magic Shield
- Greater Magic Vision
- Greater Rejection: Cancels the summoning of powerful creatures.
- Greater Resistance
- Greater Teleportation: This 7th tier spell allows the caster to teleport anywhere they have been to, or can see. It works instantly and has the same cost no matter the distance, with no known range limit. Visions from divination spells qualify as destinations.
- Heavenly Aura
- Hell Flame: This 7th tier spell shoots out a very small ball of hellfire that will then latch onto a target and become a raging inferno that burns anything to ashes with black flames. Hellfire bypasses even complete resistance to fire and damages the soul rather than the body.
- Hold of Ribs: A spell that restricts the target's movement with a giant enclosure of bones.
- Iceball: A third tier area of effect spell very similar to the spell Fireball, except for the fact that it uses of ice instead of fire.
- Infinity Wall
- Life Essence: Identifies the current HP of the target.
- Lightning: A 3rd tier spell which shoots a thin lightning bolt from the user's fingers that moves extremely quickly and can pierce multiple targets if they are lined up. It has extra effectiveness against wearers of metal armor.
- Loopsided Duel: A 3rd tier spell that makes it so that if the target attempts to teleport away, the caster will be the teleported with them. Its weakness is that the targeted opponent can simply teleport into the middle of their allies, bringing the caster with them.
- Magic Arrow: Shoots out an arrow made of bright yellow mana that pierces the target. If augmented with Boosted Magic, the arrows materialize in a large group and home in on enemies.
- Magic Boost
- Magic Chanter Blessing
- Magic Ward: Holy: Gives some resistance to the holy element.
- Mana Essence: Identifies the current MP of the target by revealing their magic aura.
- Mantle of Chaos
- Mass Fly: Gives a group of people the ability to fly.
- Message: Lets the user have a conversation with a targeted person through telepathy, regardless of distance. It works on anyone the caster has seen before.
- Meteor Fall: Summons a gigantic meteor which then impacts directly on the target, causing a large amount of destruction.
- Maximize Magic: A modifier that increases the power and effects of most spells to the caster's highest capabilities, although they will be less cost-efficient than normal. However, it does not raise the tier of the spell, so tier-dependant defenses will still affect the spell like normal.
- Napalm: Summons flames which rain down from the air.
- Negative Burst: Sends out a sphere of negative energy from around the caster's body, that expands hundreds of meters. Negative energy drains the life force of the living while healing undead. However, it does low damage in comparison to other spells of its tier, so it is better used against a group of weaker targets.
- Nuclear Blast: A 9th tier spell that creates a huge burst of nuclear energy, dealing half fire damage and half bludgeoning damage. Although one of the weaker 9th tier spells in terms of damage, it has a large blast radius, great knockback, and can cause debuffs such as poisoning, blindness, deafness, and more. It has two downsides: the caster will also be damaged if they set off the spell too close to themself, and enemies will not be affected by the knockback if they manage to nullify the damage from the spell using their resistances or some other method.
- Obsidian Sword: Creates a large, floating obsidian sword that will lock onto a target and home in like a missile. It has high durability and will keep attacking until destroyed.
- Paralysis: Causes paralysis.
- Paranormal Intuition
- Penetrate Up
- Perfect Unknowable: A direct upgrade from Complete Invisibility, this spell erases all traces of the caster. When in effect, only the highest level players specialized in stealth or enemy detection are able to sense Ainz. However, Ainz cannot keep up the spell forever due to its high cost.
- Rabbit Ears: Grows two large ears that improve hearing.
- Reality Slash: A 10th tier spell that bisects space to cut the target in half. It's top-class in damage dealing but consumes a lot of mana. The spell is considered to be a lesser version of the 'World Break' skill. This spell ignores conventional durability.
- Remote Viewing: Shows the caster a vision of what they want to see. They can reorient their view of the vision at will, allowing them to scout the location as if they are there.
- Repel Undeath: A spell that creates a barrier to ward off low-level undead.
- Sense Enemy
- Sensor Boost
- Sharks Cyclone: A spell that invokes a tornado (100 meters high and with a 50-meter diameter). Within the tornado lie 6 meter long sharks waiting to devour anyone unlucky enough to be sucked inside.
- Shockwave Releases a wave of electricity.
- Silent Magic: A modifier that allows Ainz to cast almost any spell silently and instantly for an increased mana cost.
- Summon Undead (1st-10th): A spell of variable tier from 1st to 10th. Summons an undead with strength comparable to the tier of the spell used.
- Thousand Bone Lance: A spell that unearths an uncountable amount of bone spikes that shoot at the target from all directions.
- Touch of Undeath: Allows Ainz to lower the stats of any living being he touches, with its effects increasing the longer he stays in contact. This effect persists for a long time and is almost impossible to reverse. There is, however, a limit to the amount of power Ainz can take off.
- Triplet Magic: A modifier that allows the caster to use three of the same spell at once.
- True Dark: Deals damage with a large stream of darkness from the sky.
- True Death: Instantly kills a single enemy, and nullifies all but the highest tier of resurrection magic. Even resurrection magic capable of reforming the soul is not enough to bypass it.
- Twin Magic: A modifier that allows the caster to use two of the same spell at once.
- Ultimate Disturb: A spell that massively increases the target's magic resistance, at the cost of wrecking their ability to cast spells. It can be useful for buffing allies or crippling enemies.
- Undead Domination: A racial skill that allows the user to put any undead under their control as long as it is weaker than them, but has an upper limit on the amount of undead that can be affected at once.
- Undead Slave Sight: Allows the caster to utilize the sight of an undead minion, but will not work on incorporeal undead such as wraiths.
- Wall of Protection from Arrows A spherical barrier that nullifies all low-level projectiles.
- Wall of Skeleton: Creates a wall of skeletons that can move and fight to a certain degree. Some possess crude weapons.
- Widen Magic: A modifier that increases a spell's area of effect.
|Discussion threads involving Ainz Ooal Gown|