|“||The rumor has been confirmed. We are being trained for a mission at the Black Mesa Facility. All I know is that the place is being used by scientists who are doing some kind of new research. I can't imagine what we would be needed for. We were told today to be ready in case it happens tomorrow. I don't know what "it" is, but the whole thing is a little strange. I kind of hope it doesn't happen; the mission doesn't seem to have much excitement potential. I'd rather hold out for something with more likelihood of combat.||„|
|~ Shephard's last entry before the Black Mesa Incident.|
Adrian is a marine of the HECU. He was sent to Black Mesa to clean up the whole place of both life and proof of what happened there. Before reaching the base, his helicopter crashes and he is forced to wander the facility alone.
His current fate is unknown, because he was "silenced" by The G-Man
Powers and Stats
Tier: 10-A, 9-C with the wrench and small firearms, 9-B with several weapons
Name: Adrian Shephard
Age: 22 years old
Powers and Abilities: Peak Human Physical Characteristics, Superhuman Durability, Weapon Mastery (Highly adept with firearms, melee weapons and explosives as well as alien weaponry), Proficient Hand-to-Hand Combatant (Received extensive military training), Acrobatics (Shephard is known for his astounding agility among the HECU Marines), Explosion Manipulation (With the RPG, Grenades, Tripmines and a variety of other equipment), Energy Projection (With the Spore Launcher and Displacer Cannon), Electricity Manipulation (With the Shock Roach), Limited Teleportation (With the Displacer Cannon, however he can only teleport to Xen)
Attack Potency: Athlete level physically, Street level with his wrench, knife and most firearms (His wrench can gore people with ease and one-shot most enemies with a charged blow), Wall level several weapons (The tripmire, the satchel charge and the grenade can turn people to gibs and weaker Xen creatures. The Spore Launcher can break armor as tough as the one he has in one shot and the Displacer Cannon can turn an entire small room of enemies into gibs)
Speed: Average Human
Lifting Strength: At least Average Human, likely Peak Human (Picked up a rocket launcher and wasn't slowed down)
Striking Strength: Human Class
Stamina: Peak Human (He was fighting off Xen beings and Race-X creatures for several hours before G-Man picked him up)
Range: Melee normally, several yards with firearms
- Wrench: A normal pipe wrench. Adrian can use it to bash enemies and destroy crates, he can wind up a large melee attack capable of turning Headcrabs into mush.
- Knife: A normal combat knife. Adrian can use it to attack enemies rapidly, but it is weaker than the wrench
- 9mm pistol: It looks like a Beretta M9. Mostly used to kill small enemies or when the machinegun is not avaliable
- Desert Eagle: A really powerful handgun with laser-sights that uses .357 ammo . It packs a lot of firepower and it can kill fully armored soldiers with two shots.
- Submachine Gun: A MP5 modeled after the Heckler & Koch MP5. It can fire 8 gram bullets at 400 meters per second.
- Shotgun: Modeled after SPAS-12, mostly used on close encounters and against enemies that can take a lot of damage.
- M249 automatic weapon: A light machinegun that can tear through enemies rather easily, as the name states, it is based on its real-life equivalent.
- M-40A1 sniper rifle: A standard sniper rifle used by most soldiers. It can one-shot most enemies in the game.
- RPG: A standard rocket propelled grenade launcher, used mostly to destroy tanks. It seems to be based on the Armbrust Rocket Launcher.
- Hand Grenade: It is a MK2 grenade used to kill targets on small rooms or make them run away from their positions to shoot them. They are filled with 52 grams of tnt.
- Laser Tripmine: A mine that can be attached to the ground, wall or ceiling. Upon being attached, if something touches the laser, it explodes .
- Satchel Charge: Remote detonated explosives.
- Snark: Xen roach-like creatures that can be throw, causing them to run towards the enemy and bite the target to death or explode.
- Spore Launcher: A biological arm-cannon that shoots spores at high velocities. It can kill an armored soldier in one shot.
- Shock Roach: A biological arm-cannon that shoots plasma balls at the target.
- Barnacle Grapple: It is a barnacle that was modified to be attachable to an arm. It launches its large tongue and latches into the enemy, if the enemy is human sized or smaller, it pulls the enemy and devours it in one shot, if the enemy is bigger than a human, it crashes into the enemy and eats it alive. It can be used to grapple into some types of walls infected with Xen's materials
- Displacer Cannon: A large cannon that fires plasma balls that can kill everything in a small room. It can also teleport the user to Xen
Intelligence: Above Average. A highly skilled soldier with years of experience on the battlefield. Was one of, if not the only Marine to survive the Black Mesa Incident, which prompted even the G-Man to praise him for his skills.
Weaknesses: Without his armor he is as durable as a normal man, if the suit takes too much damage it will need to be recharged