Accelerated Development is the ability to raise ones statistics and/or abilities at a much faster pace than a normal character in the setting is able to. Users of this ability are able to reap the fruits of their training with far less effort and time than most, with some characters improving their overall power effortlessly.
The types of accelerated development can roughly be categorized by two properties:
Cause of Accelerated Development
- Training: The character gains increased results from performing training appropriate for raising a statistic or ability.
- Battle: The characters development is faster than normal while battling. Different from the "Training"-Type Accelerated Development this type has a specific focus on increase in battle, which is larger than the increase gained through normal training. List Reactive Power Level instead of this Type of Accelerated Growth.
- Leveling: Usually used in RPG like settings. The character gains more exp than others for performing the same tasks and/or gains larger increases upon leveling up.
- Passive: The character can train by doing either nothing in particular, only everyday activities or things that he can constantly do at the side during everyday life.
- Other: Various other causes of accelerated growth are imaginable and should be explained on the profiles if applicable.
Type of Developing Property
- Physical Stats: The users strength, speed and/or durability grows at a faster pace than normal. This can be further separated by which of these statistics grow at a faster rate.
- Intelligence: The users intelligence grows at a rapid pace or it is able to quickly expand its knowledge through its high intelligence.
- Abilities: The user can learn new skills and abilities, or improve and master them, at a much faster pace than normal.
- Other: Various other properties could develop at an accelerated rate or only very specific subsets of the above apply. Such cases should be explained on the profiles.
- A character might have a maximum potential beyond which it can not grow.
- Training using this ability might be more taxing than normal.
- The additional increase might happen discontinuously (for example only gaining more points than normal upon level up).
- Kumoko (Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?) (Leveling; Physical Stats, Abilities)
- Darquesse (Skulduggery Pleasant) (Passive, Training; Physical Stats, Intelligence, Abilities)
- Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto (Training; Abilities; via training with shadow clones)
- Bell Cranel (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?) (Leveling; Physical Stats)
- Kagutsuchi (Silverio)