|“||Have you ever, wondered, Death, why you are untouched by Corruption while those around you wither and rot in the grip of corruption? Could it be that you are already blackened by the sin of betrayal? How can you defeat that which seethes in your own heart? You cannot stop me, without forever damning your soul!||„|
|~ Absalom before confronting Death|
Absalom, also known as the Chaos Avatar, was the former leader of Nephilim, now deceased, and the first of his kind to exist. After losing to Death, Absalom is resurrected as the source of all corruption throughout the kingdoms and he later proved to be the main antagonist and last boss of Darksiders II. Absalom had planned to end all things and recreate the kingdoms his image but he was eventually killed by the rider who had already killed him before.
Powers and Stats
Name: "Absalom", "Avatar of Chaos"
Age: Unknown, at least 300 years old, was the first Nephilim
Classification: The First Nephilim, Former leader of the Nephilim, Avatar of Chaos, Corruption
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery, Statistics Reduction (Absolution slows down enemies when hit), Corruption (Type 2), Morality Manipulation (Can Corrupt the soul of living beings and mechanical constructs), Homing Attack (Corruption land mines home on target), Astral Projection (Appeared as an image to Death through his corruption), Resurrection (Came back after death had killed him)
Attack Potency: At least City level, likely far higher (Was somewhat able to match Death). Universe level via Environmental Destruction overtime with Corruption (If Death didn't stop it, Corruption is capable of destroying existence itself)
Striking Strength: At least City Class, likely far higher
Stamina: Very High (endured severe injures and still fought despite being in no state to fight)
Range: Standard melee range with Absolution, higher with tentacles and other Corruption powers
Standard Equipment: His axe Absolution, Tentacles of Corruption
Intelligence: High (was the leader of the Nephilim, successfully corrupted several realms)
Weaknesses: Can be reckless, Corruption is weak against powerful holy elements
- Corruption Manipulation: Absalom is able to use his new powers to corrupt realms such as the Forge Lands and Lostlight as well as powerful beings.
- Corruption Infusion: After Absalom's corruption, his axe was infused with corruption as well, when he swings his axe he generates a bit of corruption in a certain area.
- Tentacles: As Corruption, Absalom possesses several tentacles that are formed from Corruption and can each simultaneously, they can even carry heavy objects such as his axe for long distance attacks.
- Corruption Land Mines: When Absalom smashes his axe to the ground, he produces land mines that target Death.
- Corruption Bindings: Absalom strikes the ground and generate Corruption that when surfaces, binds his enemies, allowing Absalom to get close to attack them.