|“||Hoo-Ha! Welcome to the gun show, boy! It’s time for you...to die.||„|
Abobo is a recurring enemy character in the Double Dragon series, usually serving either as a miniboss, the end boss of an area or on few occasions even as a minor antagonist. He is normally depicted as a tall and bald strongman.
Powers and Stats
Name: Abobo, The Brick-Busting Bruiser
Origin: Double Dragon, also appear in Kunio-kun/River City
Classification: Human, Thug, Strongman of the Shadow Warriors/Renegades, Principle of River City High School
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert on street fighting, Weapon Mastery (While he doesn't often use weapons, he can make use of oil drums by throwing them at opponents), Vacuum Breath (Can inhale to pull his opponents to come close. Can also generate air pressure attacks), Limited Vibration Manipulation (Can punch ground and wrecks the entire floor of the room with shockwave that can send people fly above), Energy Manipulation (Can produce three ground-traveling energy waves with a fast thunderclap. Can release energy from his hands while doing Crowd Conttol), Rage Power (Via some techniques like Grand Smash/Pressure Bomb/Earthquake), Afterimage Creation (As seen in the Neo-Geo game)
Attack Potency: Small Building level (Can wreck an entire room's floor and cause rubble fall from upper floors. Fought against River City's characters like Kunio)
Striking Strength: Small Building Class
Durability: Small Building level (Can take countless beatings from the Lee brothers and River City's students. Survived explosions from oil drums)
Range: Standard melee range. Tens of meters with shockwave and air attackss.
Standard Equipment: Throwable oil drums
Intelligence: Above Average (Trains frequently to polish his skills. Knows how to play the guitar and plays in a band with friends. Almost worked as security for a popular musician Noize, before he got beat up. Gained a degree in physics. Eventually became the principle of River City High School)
Standard Tactics: Relies on his massive size to give him an advantage and intimidate opponents. His long limbs gives him an advanced reach to strike foes that others wouldn’t be able to hit. His sheer muscle makes it impossible for small opponents to grapple him. Likes control of his area, using wide swipes to knock opponents away if they are too close. Uses charges and leaps to close the distance between him and fleeing foes. Tries to use the strongest attacks possible to finish fights quickly. Is a natural grappler who does major damage once he grabs hold of a foe.
Weaknesses: None notable
- Abobo Hammer: A two-handed swing with a lot of power.
- Giant Swing: A quick spinning toss attack.
- Hyper Bomb: A flying knee slam that can crush downed opponents.
- Grand Smash: A three-hit power smash against the ground that damages downed opponents. Is decently strong and fast.
- Pressure Bomb: Lifts the opponent over his head before slamming them down with extreme force.
- Earthquake: A rage-fueled, two-handed strike that causes the ceiling to crumble, dropping boulders that crack upon hitting the ground and large slabs that Abobo can throw.
- Vacuum Breath: Sucks in with his powerful lungs, pulling in the opponent and causing rocks to fall from the ceiling above. After a few moments, Abobo will be winded, so it's a risky attack.
- Thunderclap: A fast thunderclap that produces three waves of energy that travel around the area, takes a bit before it goes away and causes a new hazard to avoid.
- Tornado Jump: A spinning lunge that Abobo uses to make an approach on opponents.
- Crowd Control: A two-handed strike that is often used to get opponents off of him.
- Back Breaker: An attack that Abobo uses to catch an opponent in the air and slam their back into his shoulder.
- Atomic Throw: A throw that flings the opponent behind Abobo a fair distance.